“Always a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
4 attraction reviews
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Usually these kind of places start to show wear and tear. But Choctaw Durant looks and feels as fressh as when it opened. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always in tip top shape

Visited April 2014
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
TDTexas,
Thank you for your amazing compliment. Our Choctaw Team has tremendous pride for our casino and we're very proud to be a part of it. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team because they do work very hard to ensure each guest's experience is amazing. Thank you again and please visit us soon.

Ada, Oklahoma
22 attraction reviews
“Get your kicks on Route 69”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a super cute casino in the scenic area of Stringtown, Oklahoma. Looks like the historic days from the 60s and Choctaws keep clean facilities. I find that driving the Oklahoma highways one can make great leg stretches and coffee breaks at casinos. Sometimes they even prove profitable! There is an excellent food stop in addition to all the free drinks you dare before hitting the road again. I have stopped here twice on a trip to Lake Texoma and will next time I am passing by.

oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have stayed here more than once. The rooms in the tower are really nice. I especially love the buffalo shaped soap and the large shower. I prefer the rooms at the end of the halls, because you are surrounded by windows. It feels as though the rooms are larger. The hotel and casino staff are very friendly and helpful. The buffet is nice with a good variety. Starbucks is sold at Jackpot Java, so we enjoy. Just like most casinos in the area, you can receive free soft drinks and coffee.

Visited April 2014
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We greatly appreciate your amazing compliments. I'm excited to share your review with our Choctaw Team. The buffalo soap is a favorite of mine too. Have a great day and we look forward to your next visit.
“Slots are tight”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I hardly ever got a bonus. It would give me two then play with me on the third one but would never fall to get bonus. I have talked to people where i work, and they have said the same thing. You better hang on to your money tight because they will be glad to take it. They are adding on several million dollar construction, and those guys are not working cheap so someone has to lose to pay for this. Unfortunately I think most people are the losers right now. I am not going back,if I had all the money they have gotten from me I would be setting pretty. It is addicting, and they know that.

Visited March 2014
Dangie B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate feedback from all of our guests. Have a wonderful day.
Dallas, Texas
“Nice casino - GREAT staff - Don't expect to win”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Have been going to Choctaw about twice a week for the last year or so. Casino it's self is clean, well maintained, and comfortable. The staff is better than in any other casino that I have ever gone to.
Winnings however have gotten worse and worse over the last six months. Slots just seem to get tighter and tighter. Used to be that I could go with a couple of hundred dollars, and play all night (mostly $1 and $2 slots). Now, that same amount may last an hour or two at best.

Doubtful that I will return to their casino. I would go for the entertainment factor. But there is little entertainment in driving for an hour from Dallas, to turn around an hour later and go home.

Visited April 2014
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dan,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I will be happy to discuss your concerns about payouts with our Gaming Floor Manager. Also, thank you for complimenting our Choctaw Team and the cleanliness of our Resort. Have a great week.