“Impressed with the upgraded Choctaw Hotel and Casino” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Choctaw Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durant
Choctaw Casino Resort
4216 S. Highway 69 / 75, Durant, OK   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Durant
Allen, Texas
“Impressed with the upgraded Choctaw Hotel and Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Last time I visited this property it almost smoked me out from all the smokey air and terrible condition and lack of things really to do.. We recently spent a night in their new hotel and enjoyed all their new table and slot games. My wife and I were extremely impressed with all the upgrades they had made. Rooms were very nice and nicely appointed. Beds were prefect, large bathroom. Only downside of the room was lack of view, upper floors might have a better view though. A fridge would of been nice but our room did not come with one. Casino is huge and is much larger and open than the Shreveport floors. Tons of slots at all levels from 1c to 5$ or more. Many table games but they are still restricted a bit and you still have to ante up each hand or play and some games absent like craps. They have added roulette but its a little strange as they play with no ball unless you play the computer roulette which I actually like. Limited seating though for this game but with the crowds was hard to get a space. We visited the steakhouse while there and the OCA spa.. Spa was nice, my massuese was poor but my wifes was alot better.. Steakhouse was a little weak, prime rib was not to good lobster was so overpriced I couldnt justify getting the surf addition.. but other items there arent to bad.. There are also several other restaurants onsite if your not looking for an expensive meal.. Would definitely return and this probably ends our trips to Shreveport casinos as location is only an hour from our house. I recommend this hotel to all.. I believe I even saw a small waterpark and putt putt golf from the kids..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

This casino was just built a couple of months ago and the rooms and the casino are very nice and modern, definitely worth the about 100 bucks a night that we paid to stay there. Everyone there was friendly and ready to help us when we needed it. Unfortunately, the spa was all booked the day we got there and the next day, so if you're planning on doing any of that, make sure that you book in advance. There were a couple of things that we would have liked to know in advance before we made the trip up there: First, there is no alcohol on the floor of the casino like Vegas or even some of the casinos in Louisiana. They will get a liquor license at some point (didn't have one when we were there) and only serve alcohol in a couple of restaurants. Also, we played blackjack, and in Oklahoma there is a 50 cent fee per hand on top of the $5 minimum bet, I'm not sure if that's common in casinos, but it's good to know. Overall the food was pretty good at the restaurants we tried (get the mac n cheese at the steakhouse!), and the buffet had lots of options to eat (It's about 16 bucks per person). I'm not sure we would go back (at least not until they got a liquor license...), but it definitely was a memorable and relaxing escape from the city.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
houston texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Some parts of the trip were good, some not. First the good. Everything seemed clean, nice pool area, fun casino. The Bad....terrible shower-the worst I have every had. No water pressure and temperature ossilated between freezing and burning hot. All of the weight equipment was broken in the spa and did not appear top have worked in some time. At 12pm every day, the room key code would change and lock us out. The front desk took forever to get us another key. Food in the resort is fair, not as good as might be thought for the relatively high prices. Everything is smoky, rooms, hallway and casino.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Made a quick trip up to Choctaw for a Sunday night stay. Rooms were great.. thick matresses and around 6 pillows per bed. Flat screen TV, huge walk in shower (no tub). Room service is available and the Spa is open till 8pm. I do wish they had the spa menu posted online... Massages were on par with most, around $85 for an hour. They did have a 2 hour massage/facial package for $140. 2 pools, one indoor outdoor. Do not eat at the buffet, very bad... Didn't try any of the restaurants but they have a steak place and a mexican place. Also didn't notice the grill and pizza joints until it was time to go home. Overall a very nice quick get away.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
n.central tx.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We only live 1 hr. from Durant,we saw Styx in concert @ the Choctaw Event Center.Styx is my fav band(has been since 1975,now 51).the hotel let us check in early,the shuttle came & picked us up & brought us back to hotel. We have stayed @ the "old" hotel several times,hotel staff is very pleasant! We were @ "New' casino opening in Feb.2010 casino was very crowded,over 1/2 of slots kept going down & malfunctioning(only VGT slots),slots would not take tickets/or cash & even ticket redemption machines were not working ANYWHERE! We assumed the machines would payout better since it was a new casino but that just wasn't the case ESPECIALLY in this economy! It seems like while we were there(I actually witnessed someone playing 45.00 a hand on Liberty Freedom slots & only won 1200.00 back),like many casino's in La. or Ok. unless you have the bankroll to play "highend' slots & can substain astronomicle losses,stay w/ the penny slots(I have at least won enough @ times to keep playing)! Otherwise,play "highend" slots in Vegas where odds are so much better! Unless you want to
"contribute" to the "Border States" casino's-the odds are ALWAYS against you about 95% of the time! the casino's in these states(Ok/LA) are what fuels the economy in these cities/areas! I hope this helps many casino "enthusiastic" people!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

What an awesome new casino! Gone is the purple and green painted walls, the redneck theme music, and smelly smoke that used to hit you before you enter. This place looked like an off strip casino that is new and updated (think Red Rock). My wife and I went up for the opening weekend and had a blast. While we didn't win one of the cars or the $10,000.00 give aways, we still had fun. The Poker Room blows Windstar's away!! We are planning our next trip up as we get closer to spring so my wife can enjoy the pool and spa. No alcohol for gamblers is still the case at Choctaw. However, since my wife and I don't drink much, it wasn't a big deal. The service was great too. Lots of smiling faces and people who seemed eager to help us with questions we had.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

As I am a lover of casinos one opening near Dallas could not be missed, a friend and I drove up there after seeing the new tower/casino advertised.

The casino and hotel did not disappoint (although it needs some better sign posting on the main drive as we nearly missed it) when you enter the casino it looks great with thousands of machines and for a non smoker like myself no smokey smell. The staff were friendly when we checked in the room we were given was massive with an excellent walk in shower. Free internet was very welcome as was the swimming pool that was heated (although we spent too long in the casino to swim)

We played in the casino and while I did not win a million the staff was excellent and we loved the whole experience. The only down point we had the whole weekend (other than not winning a million) was that there is no alcohol served. Other than that, a great experience and great staff, it looks like we will now not be flying to Las Vegas this Spring.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!