“Beautiful and Super Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Choctaw Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durant
Choctaw Casino Resort
You added Choctaw Casino Resort to your Saves list
4216 S. Highway 69 / 75, Durant, OK   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Durant
durant ok
“Beautiful and Super Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have stayed at the Coctaw resort several times and the property is beautiful, the rooms in the grand tower ellegant and the casino is the cleanest I have ever been in. You see staff constantly cleaning everything in the casino. The water park is wonderful for grownups and children alike. What a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room close to the elevator, the hallways are long.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our EVS Team does an amazing job and makes us very proud. We greatly appreciate your kind words. Plesae come see us again soon.
Kat DeCaire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Royse City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Let me start by saying this is my favorite casino. I have also been to Winstar and the Shreveport. I love that the casino is new and beautiful and big without being too big. We have stayed in both the tower and the lodge and had a great experience in both rooms (although a mirror was broken in our room at the lodge, I hope they have fixed it). We play slots and tables. We really like Gilley's. When we were there they had a live band and the dance floor was great. It has a real honky tonk feel. If you get bored or run out of money, just go dancing!

Here is the best thing that happened on our last trip. We got 15 miles away and I realized I did not have my wedding ring or Aggie ring. After searching our car and luggage we called the front desk at the lodge. They went to search the room and we turned around to head back to the lodge. There are so many dishonest people in this world that I expected the worst. When I arrived, I ran to the front desk. The girl behind the counter smiled and handed me my rings! I burst into tears. I was so happy and so relieved. A big thank you to Choctaw and their staff!

Room Tip: If you stay at the Lodge you get free breakfast! You have to ride the shuttle to the casino, but it...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Carolyn,
Thank you for sharing this incredible story. I'm very happy for you and can't wait to share your kudos with our Choctaw Team! Please come see us again soon.
Sherman, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My name is Daniel and I'd like to tell you .. don't go to Choctaw. I went here for years because it was only 20 minutes from my home. Ive never had any possitive wins playing wise. Just loses on the slots.
Until one day I stoped going definitely. I came out of Choctaw one night and found someone had stolen my wife's purse and other stuff from car! Casino Security ignored my situation. And even worse! Other time They escorted me out of casino because I slapped a $1.00 slot machine that took over $800 without any responses!
Let me tell you...I've just arrived from las Vegas Winn casino. stayed for FREE! for 4 days and won! $$$$ on their slot machines with money they comped me. Got happy with free drinks and slept in a tower suite the size of a house♡ try it! It's definitely worth it!
. Instead of walking around this cheap cardboard casino place that make you feel that you owe them your own money.
Choctaw and winstar will be ghost town soon.

• Stayed December 2013
Daniel,
I would need more details from your latest experience to investigate this situation further. If you would like, please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com. Have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you.
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've been several times and each time I get a little more convinced that this is a mecca for pickpockets, thieves and general burglary. The security department varies from small town "aww-shucks" sincerity to downright incompetent. This is NOT typical, rural Oklahoma Officer Fife! They need someone with a Vegas background to really keep an eye on things.
How do I know this? My phone was stolen during my last trip there (3/6) and the interaction with security/lost & found was comical. Everything from asking me for my phone passcode - "Why?" "Well because how do we know it's yours?" to denying that any phone like mine had ever been turned in the next morning.
The crime inside the hotel will only get worse as it's become obvious that the staff is more concerned about legal stealing :-) (gaming laws) than protecting actual customers from the illegal kind of theft that is so common at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the 12th floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Henry,
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. In light of your review, I have spoke with our Security Manager and he has made immediate revisions to our policies. We appreciate your feedback and I hope that you visit us again in the future.
Bells, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My new Camaro (yellow / black racing stripe) was stolen from valet parking, Feb.2, 2014. It took almost a month to get the car back after the body shop work. The thieves took my purse and everything out of my card-even my son's car seat! Choctaw seems sincere and has sent a tort compensation letter, but no compensation to date. This has been the worst nightmare I could ever imagine. It has turned our lives upside down. There is just no way to explain how devastating it is to go out to get your car to go to the concert and IT IS GONE! They just gave it away to the thief. A suggestion for better security measures was made by my husband and I to hotel management. Choctaw has made no attempt to contact us at this point and I will never suggest valet parking until there are better security measures in place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Kristy,
I apologize that you experienced this very unfortunate incident. I know the Claims department from our Choctaw Nation Headquarters has been in contact with you throughout this whole process. If you have any questions, please contact Randy Downs at 580-924-8280.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Clean room, fast check-in, and a wonderful buffet. We didn't win but it was a birthday trip so fun just the same. I would recommend as a quick gambling trip. I'm not sure there are many rooms in the tower with good views but we didn't come to stay in our room.

Room Tip: Not sure any of the rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I'm pleased you chose Choctaw Casino Resort to celebrate your special day. Thank you for your very kind words and we hope to see you again soon.
Carrollton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Upon check in I noticed a thick layer of dust on the reception desk. When we got into our room there was dust fibers and dirt on our bed. When we went down to the pool it was freezing because the exterior door was off the track and hanging half open. It was 16 degrees outside. When we checked out we went to valet to get our car. We waited for 25 minutes before we realized they had lost our car. We have 7 children and the opportunity to get away for a quiet weekend doesn't happen often. This was a let down.

• Stayed January 2014
I'm very sorry to hear we did not reach your expectations. Please contact me so we can discuss your stay in more detail. My email is kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kat DeCaire

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!