“First Class, All the Way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Choctaw Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durant
Choctaw Casino Resort
You added Choctaw Casino Resort to your Saves list
4216 S. Highway 69 / 75, Durant, OK   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Dallas, Texas
“First Class, All the Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

What a wonderful experience. First class all the way. The public areas and our room are were meticulously clean. The interior finishes are beautiful. The hotel hallways and room could have been a first class hotel in San Francisco or New York. Priced right and the casino just outside the elevator. If you have an opportunity, or are traveling north to Oklahoma City or south to Dallas, this is the place to stay. Excellent!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and it was just right.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Jiminton,
Thank you for that absolutely amazing review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Happy Holidays & safe travels.
Kat DeCaire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Gainesville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I travel all over the country to gamble from Tunica, Kansas and Shreveport for our frequent places. I live in Oklahoma and continue to try the Casinos here. I am always amazed at the 50 cents a had cost to play the table games and feel that is totally ridiculous and don't understand why people play them at all and pay that fee? For every 40 hands you play you give the Casino $20.00...why? You will go through an average of 60 hands an hour, so you are paying them $30 and hour just to play...not to mention what you lose. The house percentage is already in their favor. This fee is really a rip off, there is just no other words for it. I save my table game money and only play in the 3 places mentioned above.

The next issue I have here is how they have really tightened their machines. I set a budget for Gambling like any other entertainment...after all that's what it is. I use to go to Choctaw a lot; in the past year I have continue to reduce my trips there due to I no longer get any play for my money and the entertainment and excitement has gone. It use to be fun playing the games, getting into the bonus games and winning a few nice pots along the way to keep you going. I never expect to win big and know the real Jackpots are pretty much never going to hit. I do not play for that, it's sheer entertainment. However, when you take $200 to $300 to gamble and play between 60 cents to 90 cents a spin and you get ZERO play for your money, rarely ever get into the bonus and when you do it pays NOTHING; the whole experience is extremely boring and not worth my drive.

The tower rooms are nice, but small; disappointed that there is no bathtub to relax in. I wish they would put a door on their shower, especially in the winter time when you want to take a steamy shower and warm up. It's very hard trying to take a nice hot shower with warming up the entire bathroom. The wait to check in was pretty long and having to park clear in the back in the parking lot was not inviting to me. Yes, you have free valet if you stay in the hotel; but you still have to tip getting your car and dropping off your car...so NO it's not free...not to mention how long it takes waiting to get your car; we waited over 20 minutes and left us running late for a meeting with friends for a celebration.

My tip to all the Oklahoma Gamblers is to save your weekly budgeted gambling money and make 1 trip a month to the nearby States the really compete for your business with Complementary Liquor Drinks, Food, Rooms, looser slots and NOT the ridiculous 50 cents a hand to play table games.

Room Tip: My tip to all the Oklahoma Gamblers is to save your weekly budgeted gambling money and make 1 trip a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen,
Choctaw Casino Resort greatly appreciates all feedback we hear from our guests. As a whole, our purpose is to advance the cause of our Choctaw Nation. Proceeds from all the tribe’s businesses provide the revenue stream to support not only the programs that assist tribal members, including, health care, education, housing, senior care and other social services, but enable the tribe to support scores of community programs and charities. Thank you again for your review.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Couldn't get a room at tower stayed in the inn had no hot water for shower and had to walk out the front door and down the street to get to casino while avoiding cars and weather. Casino nice won a little but had to walk back outside and walk down street to hotel never came back out until checkout. Then went home. Wanted to gamble but wife and I did not want walk that far in the weather. Won't go back until renovation is complete.

• Stayed November 2013
Joechapman1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed our casino and won some moo-lah! We do offer 24hr shuttle service to our Choctaw Inn & Choctaw Tower and we are looking forward to opening our South Casino very soon. We greatly appreciate your feedback so please come see us again soon.
Irving, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel tower on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I must say that the entire staff was extremely pleasant and professional. I did however have an issue with the smoke, which I could smell before even entering the location. The room was very clean. We ate dinner at the Blue Moon Cafe. Upon entering the cafe, the host said please excuse the mess, as at least 50% of the tables were dirty. I found this odd since there were only about 5 tables with patrons. We were seated and received our drinks and gave our order. 30 minutes later our food came out, during this time, the bus person was able to clear 3 whole tables. A server from the Butterfield Buffet came to assist, as noted by the different uniform. Our food was ok. On Thanksgiving day, we stood in line at the Butterfield Buffet to have lunch. We were seated promptly once service began. The food was very institutional, and I even commented about the bags of products that were being opened and placed on the service line. Needless to say, our experience was below average and because of this, we will not be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

WE drove up to see smokey Robinson and were very excited, when we got to the hotel we realized we were not staying in the main hotel but in the lodge, we said that's too far so they put us in the inn. Which was fine, we went to gamble a bit before the show and really enjoyed the layout and new machines. But still had to take a shuttle because of all the contruction which is not on the website. At the concert venue they offered a free $20 added to your card we gave them our cards and after the concert came back to the casino, I had forgotten my pin on the card so I went to the players club desk, after she realized that my card did not match my ID she said we have a problem here the $20 was put on another card and already used, good scam. The gentleman who put the money on my card had my drivers license and new exactly who I was and still put it on another card, the ladies seemed like they had seen this before, and I was upset because all the points I earned were for someone else, Really!!! Never seen this before but I'm sure it happens alot. Then to top it off on a Friday night with a packed casino only one restaurant stays open for dinner past 10 pm, and its mainly fried food. There are better choices for casinos and we have experienced them. sorry Choctaw you dont get my vote

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review but I'm sorry it wasn't a satisfactory experience. Please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com so that we can discuss this incident in more detail. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel, but did visit the casino and the restaurant... we lost $50.00 at the casino but we expected to NOT win : ) so that was ok - surpising how little cigarette smoke we smelled - must have good venting - thank you for that. We had my husband's bday dinner at the steakhouse. We had reservations for 7 and arrived at 630 - we sat at the bar and had a drink. We were seated a bit before 7 and our waitress came and told us it was her last night working..we ordered our appetizer right away as we like to have it come out plenty of time before dinner. She left. about 15 minutes later she came to get our dinner/drink order. We placed it. a few minutes after that I got my soup. then we got the bread, then our drinks came. I ordered a margarita at the bar and paid $9.25 and got one at the table and paid $8.50 - not sure how that happened. Anyway, no appetizer came. We got our appetizer out about 10 minutes after my soup. Then not 2 minutes later - we got our dinner. We told the guy that brought it out that we just had gotten our appetizer. He offered to go keep our dinner warm, but as we had ordered the prime rib, that would have caused it to be over done. We had not seen the waitress this entire time since we ordered. Someone else brough our food. The waitress stopped by to ask us how things were and we complained about getting our dinner and appetizer at the same time. She said, "oops, I totally forgot you ordere the chicken and waffles" - although she apolgized that did not help our situation. We did not enjoy are appetizer as we didn't want our dinner to get cold. AS it was , the prime rib WAS cold, the Au Jus was cold and the baked potatoe was cold. The only thing hot was the mac and cheese. For a fancy expensive restaurant this is totally unacceptable. We tipped low as we felt the service was bad. A good waitress should know how to place an order so that it all comes out at different times. She apparently couldn't do this, even though we placed our appetizer order early. We were not impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon, Steve. I apologize that your dinner was unsatisfactory. Please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com so that we may discuss the unfortunate situation in more detail. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and look forward to hearing from you.
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed in the tower - the room was very clean - had great facilities and a fantastic view - we even got up early to the see the sun rising - an amazing sight over a vast vista - the casino was great - loads of modern slots - the 1832 restaurant was great - food very well presented and service and atmosphere of a very high standard - a little expensive but well worth the money - altogether a great stay - we have visited Vegas several times and found that the casino was of Vegas standards

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Our Steakhouse Team is very excited and thankful for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.
Guest Services Manager

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!