“your staff is stealing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Choctaw Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durant
Choctaw Casino Resort
4216 S. Highway 69 / 75, Durant, OK   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Durant
Carrollton, Texas
“your staff is stealing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

WE drove up to see smokey Robinson and were very excited, when we got to the hotel we realized we were not staying in the main hotel but in the lodge, we said that's too far so they put us in the inn. Which was fine, we went to gamble a bit before the show and really enjoyed the layout and new machines. But still had to take a shuttle because of all the contruction which is not on the website. At the concert venue they offered a free $20 added to your card we gave them our cards and after the concert came back to the casino, I had forgotten my pin on the card so I went to the players club desk, after she realized that my card did not match my ID she said we have a problem here the $20 was put on another card and already used, good scam. The gentleman who put the money on my card had my drivers license and new exactly who I was and still put it on another card, the ladies seemed like they had seen this before, and I was upset because all the points I earned were for someone else, Really!!! Never seen this before but I'm sure it happens alot. Then to top it off on a Friday night with a packed casino only one restaurant stays open for dinner past 10 pm, and its mainly fried food. There are better choices for casinos and we have experienced them. sorry Choctaw you dont get my vote

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review but I'm sorry it wasn't a satisfactory experience. Please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com so that we can discuss this incident in more detail. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel, but did visit the casino and the restaurant... we lost $50.00 at the casino but we expected to NOT win : ) so that was ok - surpising how little cigarette smoke we smelled - must have good venting - thank you for that. We had my husband's bday dinner at the steakhouse. We had reservations for 7 and arrived at 630 - we sat at the bar and had a drink. We were seated a bit before 7 and our waitress came and told us it was her last night working..we ordered our appetizer right away as we like to have it come out plenty of time before dinner. She left. about 15 minutes later she came to get our dinner/drink order. We placed it. a few minutes after that I got my soup. then we got the bread, then our drinks came. I ordered a margarita at the bar and paid $9.25 and got one at the table and paid $8.50 - not sure how that happened. Anyway, no appetizer came. We got our appetizer out about 10 minutes after my soup. Then not 2 minutes later - we got our dinner. We told the guy that brought it out that we just had gotten our appetizer. He offered to go keep our dinner warm, but as we had ordered the prime rib, that would have caused it to be over done. We had not seen the waitress this entire time since we ordered. Someone else brough our food. The waitress stopped by to ask us how things were and we complained about getting our dinner and appetizer at the same time. She said, "oops, I totally forgot you ordere the chicken and waffles" - although she apolgized that did not help our situation. We did not enjoy are appetizer as we didn't want our dinner to get cold. AS it was , the prime rib WAS cold, the Au Jus was cold and the baked potatoe was cold. The only thing hot was the mac and cheese. For a fancy expensive restaurant this is totally unacceptable. We tipped low as we felt the service was bad. A good waitress should know how to place an order so that it all comes out at different times. She apparently couldn't do this, even though we placed our appetizer order early. We were not impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon, Steve. I apologize that your dinner was unsatisfactory. Please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com so that we may discuss the unfortunate situation in more detail. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and look forward to hearing from you.
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed in the tower - the room was very clean - had great facilities and a fantastic view - we even got up early to the see the sun rising - an amazing sight over a vast vista - the casino was great - loads of modern slots - the 1832 restaurant was great - food very well presented and service and atmosphere of a very high standard - a little expensive but well worth the money - altogether a great stay - we have visited Vegas several times and found that the casino was of Vegas standards

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Our Steakhouse Team is very excited and thankful for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.
Guest Services Manager
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my second time staying in the main tower and third staying at the resort overall. I will keep this short. My only dissapointment was a the customer service rep who booked our room was up to date on all the info for that day. That led to us getting a bit upset at check in and even though I may not have liked the answers the person at the front desk was giving me I am sure they were just doing what they are trained to do. Smile and hope the customer will stop complaining. Other than that our room was clean, we ate simple and only stayed for one night on our way somwhere else. I am sure I will stay again. Oklahoma has limited resorts with big pools and we enjoy the pool and hot tub areas with our kids before getting in some poker and beer time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience at check-in. I understand how not having the correct information can be very frustrating. However, I appreciate you bringing this communication break down to my attention so that we may address it with our team and improve our guest's experience. I'm pleased we'll see you again at our new & improved Oasis next season.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

i love this place its a nice get away without going far .i often recieve free rooms in the tower very nice only had one complaint stayed on the fourth floor i think my room was next to the ac units it was a little loud .lately its been crowded due to construction of the old casino but i am so looking forward to seeing whats in store for the new one. played in my first slot tournament and was tickled pink had lots of fun keep up the good work choctaw.i so enjoy seeing people have a good time and often get tickled at how some people play and rub the machines and love to see people win. keep those jackpots coming choctaw.

Room Tip: higher floors have less ac noise. rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Denise,
I'm pleased you had a great time. Those slot tournaments can get pretty intense but they are so much fun. We are all ready to see our newly remodeled casino! December can't come fast enough. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next trip.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in main tower for a concert.6th floor. The carpet needs to be replaced in rooms lots of wear & tear. Rooms are nice. I don't remember the name of coffee shop but omg they are slow. Ordered 2 coffee and took forever. Slots are really tight. Staff are nice.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments and will be happy to share your concerns with our management team. Have a wonderful week and please come see us again.
Comanche, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a slot player. I play at Winstar, Ignacio Colorado, Blackhawk, Ute Casino in Ignacio Colo., Cripple Creek Colo., Caesars Palace in Nevada, used to play at the Red Lion before they cancelled flight service, Artesian in Sulphur Okla., and others. I know what good customer service is PERIOD. Unfortunately Winstar has slowly become less customer friendly as its facade has grown. I have recently determined that Choctaw must hire the friendly smiling faces that Coushatta in Louisiana is so proud of having. Keep up the good work and your business will continue to prosper. Ron Beck

Room Tip: Whether you choose the old lodge or the excellnet tower I don"t think you will be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Mr. Beck,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our Choctaw Casino Resort team. We pride ourselves on Amazing Guest Service and always look forward to hearing our guests feedback. I'm pleased you enjoy your time with us and we appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest.
Kat DeCaire

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!