“Great hotel. Close to Casino. Clean and friendly!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Tulsa
“Great hotel. Close to Casino. Clean and friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stay at this hotel every year at this time for a softball tournament. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is close to the Casino. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: One of the best hotels in Durant. Choices are slim.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was originally disappointed when I couldn't book a room at the Choctaw Grand Resort this weekend and "settled" for Holiday Inn Express. However, after our stay here, I'm glad we weren't able to book at the resort. I'm not sure when the hotel was built but the building looked modern and it was immaculate. I looked at the reviews on this website the photos on their website and thought those were probably not the room I will be staying in and boy was I wrong! Our room looked exactly like the photos on their website. We stayed in a single King Bed Suite. The room was huge compared to some of the other places I've stayed for almost the same amount of money. Maybe it's because it's in Durant OK, but I still think we got a great bargain here. The desk clerk was working by herself on Friday night and she was swamped so it took a little longer to get us checked in than I liked. But I'm not holding that against her or the place for now. The room was clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV with basic cable and HBO. The free breakfast had eggs, sausage and ham patties, biscuits with gravy along with other stuff that you would expect like pancakes, cereals and bagel. The staff I talked to were friendly and helpful. My wife and I couldn't get over how nice our room was as well as the amenities for the price. It's only about a 5 minute drive from the hotel to the casino. I'm sure the new rooms at the casino resort are great, but my wife and I have decided we will definitely be coming here as our first choice next time we come back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This is not a bad little Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed here many times and this trip was the first time I've heard my neighbors through the walls. Luckily, the hotel wasn't too full, and the nice girl at the front desk was happy to move me to a more secluded part of the floor, away from the riff raff. Which leads me to my first complaint.

To be clear, this is not exclusive to this hotel, many hotels suffer from this problem. You know when you turn on a TV in a hotel room and it's set to a certain station and volume level every time? Well this hotel's volume is turned up way too much. The TV is blasting the moment you turn it on. Now, most normal, considerate people would turn the volume down to a reasonable level, but in my experience, most people aren't that considerate.

So please, Holiday Inn Express in Durant, reset the TV's to a lower volume. Sheeeeeeeit, I can hear that through the walls.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I booked 2 rooms, double queen suites in July for an August 20 stay. I called the hotel 3 days prior to check in and was told everything was fine. On arrival day, I was told I would be getting an "upgrade" to 2 single king suites. I asked 1. how this was an upgrade,and the answer was a shrug of the shoulders, and 2. why was I not informed of this when I called 3 days prior and was told that the internet is not always right. The person in front of me in line was also complaining about their reservation. The rooms were satisfactory, but I will never return because I did not receive what I booked and confirmed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Good, clean hotel. Food excellent. Service excellent. Free shuttle to the casino / event center, new comfy beds!

Room Tip: The e-center and mini fridge needed a good dusting, but other than that, the room was very clean.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Rockwall TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Rooms were perfect! hotel was excellent! The free breakfast was very very good and the pool was clean and warm! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011 via mobile

We stayed 3 days here, it was a comfy stay, beds where nice, the rooms were big and roomy with a couch, microwave, fridge. Breakfast was great, but we always enjoy Holiday Inn breakfast. The hotel staff was nice and the rooms were clean. It was a nice enjoyable home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!