“Wonderfully freedom!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Attractions in Davis
Type: Parks, State Parks, Waterfalls, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful park in the heart of the Arbuckle Mountains.
Grand Prairie Texas
“Wonderfully freedom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I have had both the crowded and uncrowded experences in this park. During both seasons you can find a exclusive place to camp. The park is so big!! On labor day in 07 we couldnt find a place to park our popup camper, so we drove through the park... Still nothing! so we found a nice place (unmarked) and almost put the camper in place when the park rangers came up on their atv's. I thought i was going to be in trouble. BUT!! They said "no problem!" and got off their 4 wheelers and helped me back the camper in! Here i was thinking they were gonna tell me to move on, but low and behold they helped me place my rig! (and the view was gorgeous). The next day alot of the crowd moved along and we got an even better place. Alot of people are complaining about their non enforcement of rules (or rules they think should be in place). I believe that is what makes this place a dimond in the rough! The authourities are there... but instead of damming the next guy, they offer help when they see it. I truly love this park and will always come back year after year. The castles are beautiyful, although they are aging, I would rather them be aged than "restored". We dont have any children yet, so maby our judgement may be different than others. When we are blessed with children, one of the first camping trips will be at Turner Falls Park!! When there are lots of people camping they should clean the trash a little more. As a fellow camper I dont leave my trash, dog poo, or water bottles to be cleaned up! The next camper should feel the same (alot of trashy people visit this great park) It is beauityful!!!!!!!!

Lewisville, Texas
“2nd Time - Much Better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

This is our second time visiting Turner Falls. The first I vowed never to return, but that was in the middle of Summer, there were so many people it was suffocating. However, this trip we had a fantastic time! We arrived on 9/18/09, the gate attendant was welcoming and friendly, the park was quiet and only had a small amount of people. The park was clean and well maintained.

We spent the majority of our time in the upper blue pools above the main falls, it was quiet and private. A lot of trash from high water earlier, so we got plastic bags and the kids and I had a good time going around and filling up the trash bags and it felt good too, since this is such a beautiful place.

I Certainly suggest going in off season over a weekend trip, you will have a much better experience. All the other reviews, sum up why.

It is a good idea if you are traveling in an RV, that you have a 50amp to 30 amp adapter, since many of the sites have 50 amp plugs for only a 30 amp breaker. This will make sure you wont have to search around looking for a 30 amp plug site. We saw 2 people park and then have to move after walking around the area looking at all the empty spots for a 30 amp service. Fortunately we were prepared and had one, so we could stay at the site we liked.

robc
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

We went for our 25th anniversary on 09-01-09. This was our second time and after reading some of these reviews i was very nervous about going back. We got there around noon on a Wed. The people at the gate were very friendly. There were not many people there at all. We went hiking on the trails way above the falls. There we did find some empty water bottles and some wrappers. There are plenty of trash cans around for people to use. We did find a spot about 100 yds up river that had a big pile of trash and alot of empty cans. This was in a very remote are and you would have to do some climbing to get there. s far as the blue hole, you can see were the water gets deep. This is a natural hole so the drop offs are going to big not gradual. We had a great time and would recomend going to anyone. Now keep in in mind this park is huge, so it's hard to cover every inch of it and keep it clean. the main parts of the park were very clean, every restroom we went in was clean . All the workers spoke english and were working picking up what liter there was. The busy parts are going to be crowded and will probably look bad but they do a good job of cleaning. The only thing I think they need is better maps of the hiking trails. We are going back there next weekend for a family reunion so I will see what it is lke when busier.

Texas
5 attraction reviews
“don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Want to see the falls? Take exit 47 and use the Turner Falls Curio Shop's overlook. It's free with great view and souvenirs. This was our first trip to Turner Falls and it lasted about 45 minutes. We stayed at an rv park and other guests told us the day before that Turner Falls wasn't fun. It's crowded and commercialized.

Texas
“Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I have been to Turner Falls before, some years ago, and what I saw this time was very disappointing. This park is not fun. Trash everywhere. People smoking pot and no one around to police this. Empty cans and bottles throughout the park. The upkeep on the facilities is minimal at best. Not a good place for kids. I arrived for a day visit, around 4 P.M., and forced to pay the full day rate, even though we only stayed for the remaining few hours the park was open for day visitors. For this expense I think the park management could afford more upkeep and patrolling of the the grounds. I will NOT visit this park any more.

Been to Turner Falls Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Turner Falls Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.