“A lovely scenic wonder” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Attractions in Davis
Type: Parks, State Parks, Waterfalls, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful park in the heart of the Arbuckle Mountains.
Oklahoma
“A lovely scenic wonder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Waterfalls in Oklahoma? You betcha! We have been several times, the last time was in the winter with my sister and her husband just to drink in the natural beauty (and skip the summer crowds).

This place is gorgeous and has great hiking trails, places to simply "wallow" in the water and fun falls you can swim or float under. Wonderful fun for a summer's day or a fall or mild winter's hiking. Nice little snack/gift shop and, although we have never stayed, there are some cabins on the property and nearby motels and it is close to more hotel options in Davis, Oklahoma.

The only problems are that they don't allow pets, the crowding and, for couples, the lots and lots and lots of seemingly unsupervised children. They try to keep the park clean and I've seen "housekeeping" entering the public bathrooms, but I'm sure it is difficult to keep up with the leavings of so very many people. My best suggestion would be to arrive and leave early, stake out a spot near the water (in the shade of the trees), and leave before the rest of the masses head for the exit!

Visited December 2011

yukon, ok
25 attraction reviews
“splish-splash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great place to enjoy the day! The falls are great and swimming is excellent. Hiking trail and picnic/camping facilities are good as well.

Yukon, Oklahoma
“We Love Turner Falls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My wife and I visited Turner Falls last sunday for a day trip. Turner Falls Park is a magical place. We don't go on summer weekends, it's too crowded. Go on summer week days, or anytime in the fall through spring and you will love it. The park was clean, no litter anywhere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a great place for kids to swim and explore the many trails. Suggest you always wear tennis shoes or water shoes since rocks can be slippery and sharp. Great place to camp overnight, I took my kids several times when they were growing up. It's so popular, there are always large crowds in the summer and may take awhile to get into the park but it's well worth the wait anytime you can go. It's also less expensive than taking in a show and popcorn! Don't miss going to Turner Fall!

Visited November 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Turner Falls aint what it use to be....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

My family and I were wanting to visit Turner Falls in hopes that it has changed for the better. We will be in the area but after reading the reviews from those who have had the same experience as I did I cannot see myself going through that hell again. Back in the 90's Turner Falls was a great place to take the family to, the wife and kids and I had a blast... The last time we went it was in 2008 and what a change for the worst! Trash in the river trash at the camp site and loud Mexican music everywhere and the park was packed. It was so gross to be swimming and to have your head bump into a dirty diaper. I would see campers set up their site right in the middle of a bunch of trash and the ones I notice would just leave their trash behind, not in trash bags but all over the ground. This was on a Saturday in July of 2008, instead of staying all day and having fun we were gone less than two hours trying to get our moneys worth. Go at your own risk and pay to see trash in once was a beautiful place. The real issue is what can be done to restore Turner Falls back to the beautiful park it once was??????

Visited October 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have been going to Turner falls for over 50 years with family, school outings etc.. It has always been a pleasurable experience with many fun filled memories. There are more than 6 caves in the park if you know where to go. Some stretching over 5 miles. Great area for Grotto lurks. Must get permission first. Enjoy it for what it is. My family will be going back for years to come.

Visited September 2011

Been to Turner Falls Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Turner Falls Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.