“If looking for bar-b-que in western Oklahoma, look no more.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Elk City, Oklahoma
“If looking for bar-b-que in western Oklahoma, look no more.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been here several times, and have yet to be disappointed. Whether travelling Interstate 40, or old 66, make this one of your stops. They have a good selection, and everything I have tried has been good. Not to hard to get to, but in an out of the way sort of place. If you're hungry, and can hold out, make this a stop.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clinton, Oklahoma
“Not a good Saturday Afternoon.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Will we took our Nephew for a Good meal out in town then we heard that the Jiggs out side of Clinton was a must for there BBQ...so we went when we got there there was a young girl that came out of the back room to take our ordors and we didn't get no Welcome ! or a smile and she didn't know much of the BBQ sandwishes or if they were hot or warm and to top it all the don't serve the food on a plate whats up with that ? they don't make money or are they just don't care of the customer..any way we are not going back for sure...ever!

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Jiggs, the best little bbq joint you've never heard of”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located right on old Route 66 just west of Clinton, OK, Jiggs is an old fashioned bar-b-que shack that is hard to find anymore. This was my fourth trip there, starting in 2000. Sad to say that in the last few years Jiggs has changed, I didn't ask but it looks like there are new owners, or perhaps one of the kids took it over. On the upside Jiggs still has some amazing bar-b-que. Stay away from the modern Pig Sickle, it is processed pork patties. (and incredibly disappointing) Order some of the pulled pork or beef. My friend had the ribs and they were really good. Each time through I buy some of their bbq sauce and I love it. The kitchen area has been enlarged and modernized since my last time through. It used to be the old guy cooking on a hot plate in the back, or at least that is how my romantic memory of my first trip remains. The main dining area has a great atmosphere, very old Route 66 authentic. Its cleaner than it looks at first. The prices are very reasonable and the staff was nice. It was a quiet day when we stopped by, but I cannot go through western Oklahoma and not stop at Jiggs. To get there you take exit 62 on I40, traveling east you will have to go over the bridge. Its an old brown shack, but when they are open there are always cars in the parking lot. Give it a try if your going that way, you'll be about an hour and a half away from Oklahoma City and just over two hours to Amarillo.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amarillo
“Lots of food at good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Jiggs is a small "quaint" smokehouse where the atmosphere is "homey". The owners and staff are friendly and greet everyone with smiles and conversation. The people are genuine and do not sound like they are forcing their friendliness. The food is good, and they are not stingy with the meat. It may not be a gourmet barbecue place, but the meat has good flavor, the potato salad was great, and everything was reasonably priced. The sandwich meals are served on wax paper and the potato salad came in a cup. The walls were a history of a family business handed down for years with mementos ranging from the hundreds of business cards of patrons, pictures of family, and trophies and awards. You know that it is a genuinely good place to eat when the oilfield roughnecks start filling the place to capacity during the lunch hour. Even though the room was fairly small, it was wheelchair accessible. Do not know if bathroom is handicapped accessible.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harbor Springs, Michigan
“Rare find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

From the outward appearance, Jiggs looks like a Real Drive. We tried the Pulled Pork Sandwich which comes with two sides I chose Baked Beans and Potato Salad. The sandwhich was Huge and very Tasty, baked beans were fine but nothing spectacular, same with the Potato Salad. On My next stop, I will try the "Kitchen Sink". Everything in one One Sandwich, it looked Fantastic. But I have to warn you, be hungry when you stop here! Definitely buy the Jerky! It is some of The Best I have Ever Had! We bought a little over one pound and now wish we had bought two! Tired of the Chain Restaurants? Try JIGG's BBQ, you won't be sorry!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere