“good place to stay on a trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
California
“good place to stay on a trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here as a free point stay but were very satisfied with the room, service and the breakfast in the morning. We will stay here again. First time in an Econo Lodge but were very happy with this one.

Room Tip: very nice accessible room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Holt, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect. I had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before. The service was exceptional. While on the road, I called to book the room. The young lady was very friendly and helpful. Unfamiliar with the area, upon check-in I asked if there were any restaurants nearby and was surprised when I was handed a sheet listing several restaurants and directions how to get to them (SWEET)!! I also inquired about the casino nearby and she offered to call shuttle service for me when I was interested. We were travelling with two small dogs and there was ample grass areas for them to walk and play. The room we had was clean and comfortable. It was also very quiet so we got a good nights rest. Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Ugh. Of all the hotels in Elk City or Clinton, THIS was the one I decided was best for me? So sorry to all the travelers passing through... the selection stinks.

I'm traveling cross country alone and what I want in a hotel is simple: clean, inexpensive and safe, roughly in that order. This hotel was not the least expensive of my trip or cheapest option in Clinton. I thought it would be a decent stop for a night. Unfortunately, it was unimpressive from the moment I drove up. The professional shot of the hotel (above) is the nicest you'll ever see it look. It has a worn down feel both outside and in. My cramped room felt desperately in need of a makeover from the '80s (you can't fool me, I see your gold rimmed ceiling light). The bed was too soft for me but not, apparently, for creatures of another variety... I woke up with a pain in my back and a bite on my privates. Yup, something in the bed bit me in a most private of places - no fun when it's not tall, dark OR handsome. The tiles in the shower could use some new grout - or at least a nice bottle of bleach. The security peep-hole on my door must have been a joke... right? (See picture - the one with the tissue stuffed in the hole in the door - this is how it was when I arrived and how I left it.) The rear "middle" door of the hotel was propped open with a wedge of wood when I arrived and still when I left - security at its finest. And finally, had I wanted barbecue, I'd have gone down the road to the place the Yelpers are raving about - not out the rear door, where at least 3 BBQ grills were lined up next to a decrepit bench.

This place is a hole. It needs some major love. Econo Lodge Corporate, where are you? Do you really want your brand dragged down like this?

My ultimate mark of comfort in a hotel room is whether or not I will sit or lay on the bedspread. (Seriously... germs, people. Eww.) I didn't touch this bed's cover but to kick it to the floor.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room across from the ice machine. It's right in the hallway and would surely...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Clinton hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel about 11:00 PM, and the young lady who checked us in was very freindly and service was speedy. The room was nothing to write home about, but was clean, smelled fine, and was quiet. We were able to park behind the building outside our room window, and easy access to load/unload the car. Beds were comfortable and the air worked fine, which is perfect for us. More work was put into fixing up the breakfast area instead of the breakfast...bagels, toast, and some fruit. Not sure what other amenities the hotel offered, as we checked out around 7:30AM. Hotel is conveinently located near a gas station and the interstate, and was a great starting point for our Route 66 adventure. Would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed in room 108 and the room was VERY clean..fresh paint, bedding and carpet appeared new. The room smelled good for a pet friendly room and the bathroom was surprisingly clean! Rooms are kinda small and upstairs guests can be heard loud and clear..Internet sucks! But..if you are tired and need a place to sleep without worrying about being eaten by rats or bed bugs..stay here..

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Cedar Crest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were a bit leary of staying at this hotel again (our last stay was in 2010) given some of the recent reviews. However, ours was once again a pleasant stay. The hotel was clean and our room included a microwave & frig - again both very clean. The bed was comfortable and there was no noise from other rooms. We used the wifi and didn't have any issues with connectivity or speed (we used it just for email and some general surfing). The continental breakfast was adequate - cereals (hot & cold); bagels; toast; fruit (bananas & oranges); and a waffle maker. The coffee was very good. Our rate was $54 before taxes - quite the bargain. We will continue to use this property when traveling through Clinton.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Econo Lodge had a very helpful staff and the breakfast was good. The linens and towels were clean but the towels were stained. The rug didn’t pass my barefoot test as my feet felt and looked dirty after walking on it. The bathroom needed some bleach especially the floor…the grout was very dirty.
We travel between NY and AZ every spring and fall and have on several occasions stayed in Clinton, OK. Two years ago, we found decent rooms for $50-$60 (including tax). This year the cheapest we found was $72 a night and with a 14-15% room tax, the cost was over $82 a night. Probably won’t stop in Clinton, OK again…too expensive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!