“Good Down-Home Cooking” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Marathon, Florida
“Good Down-Home Cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stopped in for a mid-afternoon lunch on Oct 17, 2013. The service was good and the food came out promptly. It was well prepared and well priced. It is not gourmet or fancy, just comfort food.

We went back later for some pie. The slices were huge and they have a large selection. They are made on the premises (according to the server) and they even have some of their recipes on the paper place mats. They were beautiful, but I thought it was way too much meringue.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Hobbs, NM
“Mom and Pop owned and operated. A must visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Excellent menu and good prices. Recommended by locals. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pies are out of this world.

Visited October 2013
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA
“GOOD GRAVY!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had heard the food was good there and stopped for an early dinner around 4pm. Service a little slow and weak as new people were coming in to work for the evening shift. prices a little high but portions were big. Best HOT Hamburger I have had in long time! Fresh cut fries were not greasy and the gravy was very good. Slices of pie are huge and should share with 2 or 3 people.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Somewhat less than great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been to the Hammett House several times over the years -- the place has been there a long time -- and thought I would try it again.

I had a salmon-topped spinach salad and some onion rings. The salmon was well-prepared, and, as I had requested, no salt had been added. The spinach was good. The promised bow-tie pasta was . . . almost invisible.

My companion had a country fried steak dinner and the Hammett House's traditional matzo-ball soup. She loved the soup, but complained that the Italian-spiced breading on the steak was not appropriate. I thought the same of the breading on the onion rings. I am glad Hammett House tried to do something different, but for us it didn't work.

Our server was attentive, efficient, intelligent, and attractive, which pushed my star rating up to "three" this time.

Next time I'll order something that isn't breaded, and see if I like things better.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Farfield, OH
“Hammett House not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Unbelievable food! While traveling through OK, found this place and ate here two nights in a row. They make their own breads, rolls, pies to die for, and salad dressings. I had the Pamper Breaded Pork Chops and my husband had the rib eye the first night. He wanted to go back for the chops so I tried the Pamper Chicken Breast. Both nights were amazing and we will definitely come back next time we're this way. Just wish Hammett was located nearby our house in OH.

• Visited September 2013