“Horrible....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 South 4th Street, Chickasha, OK 73018-6801 (Formerly Chickasha Hotel)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chickasha
Royse City, Texas
“Horrible....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

My family including extended family has been staying at the Best Western Chickasha for well over 20 years and after this past weekend I WILL NOT GO BACK! The restaraunt was closed so we went to the McDonalds across the way to get some to go and we didnt get ketchup so we went to the front desk of the hotel and were given a plastic throw away cup to pour ketchup in which would have been just fine except on our bill when we checked out there was a MISC charge of $50.00 for KETCHUP! **We had reserved the room on my credit card but when we checked out we PAID with my husbands credit card which was on a different account and they not only charged his card for the room AND THE KETCHUP FEE but they also charged my card for both the room and the KETCHUP and not only did they charge it once but 3 yes 3 times.....and were not very cooperative in fixing the fraudulant charges. It was over $215.00 of charges on my card alone. The manager was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL and VERY RUDE as were the other staff at the FRONT DESK and in the "RESTARAUNT". We had stayed there for a funeral so many of my family members stayed there and it happened to several of my family members credit cards as well....I strongly urge anyone who does choose to stay there to check their cards as soon as possible. Called the corporate office and they were not remorseful or concerned at all. Will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN>>>>>>>>>!

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Peters, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed here because of his high school reunion. I thought it would be a great place to stay but it wasn't. The room we had was very damp. there was mold inside the hot water handle on the bathtub. and there was mold behind the faucet on the sink. When i turned down the covers for the night a BUG crawled out from under the sheets.Also they used old pillowcases because one was torn.this motel needs some serious remodeling as there were holes in the walls.The food wasn't to bad not for someone who is watching their weight.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenland, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

This hotel was horrible...........The manager was rude and mature adults were treated like children.....There were children who were really scared of the manager..........The rooms need to be updated......Didn't appear to be very clean.............The worst part was the air conditioner didn't work............When we spent all day out in the 95 plus degree whether.....All they could say was sorry..........The often had problems with there internet connection...........Complimentary breakfast was ok. Next time I will sacrifice convienence and stay in OKC.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Stayed a night in a king room in late Dec 2008. This was my second stay at the Best Western Chikasha. The first was 2 or 3 years ago. I was pleased to see that the hotel has undergone some renovations since our first visit.

The room featured a large 42" flat panel LCD TV... the bed was adequately comfortable... the room was nice, and seemed to have recent paint along with new furniture & bedding... though the bathroom left much to be desired. The fixtures in the shower were new, but the tile work was old, and the tub was a bit dirty on this visit. The bathroom area did not appear to have anything but a cosmetic upgrade. This is understandable considering the location and expense of the undertaking, however it was a let down after seeing how nice the rooms are now.

All in all this is probably the best hotel in town value wise. The Holiday Inn Express down the street is much newer, I would say the rooms are nicer at the Holiday Inn... though it is far more expensive, and doesn't have a full service restaurant. Not that I visit Chikasha to eat hotel food. ;-)

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Ancient bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

My husband and I drove from New York to Oklahoma in order to see my brother graduate from Fort Sill. I spent over a month reviewing hotels and originally had a different hotel booked. Going through Expedia, however, I found this Best Western at a lower price and reserved a room. When we arrived in Chickasha, the hotel was very easy to find as it is right off the highway. Our check-in took about five minutes and the staff was very helpful during our stay. We were able to enjoy the continental breakfast, which had plenty of choices; panckaes, bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and so much more! We used the hot tub at night and it was so relaxing after spending so much time in the car!
Our room was very clean and neat. Housekeeping does an excellent job! We had a smoking, king bed room. The giant flat screen tv was a huge perk for my husband! A few times I went to the front desk with questions and the young lady working there, Amber, was always helpful.
There was also free internet access so I could check my email and send messages to my family back home. My absolute favorite thing? Complimentary coffee in the lobby!

• Liked — great price
  • Disliked — we couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

I have stayed in many hotels over the years and have never experienced as poor customer service as this, from the top down. There were 4 of us and we were told that the room we reserved had a couch that pulled out into a bed. Well, when we got into the room, that was not the case so we had to call for 2 air mattresses. The next morning, my son's mattress didn't hold air and he basically slept on the floor all night. We ate breakfast, were served drinks but no one ever came back to see if we needed any coffee refills and ended up paying over $7.00 for 4 small orange juices and 2 coffees. Then we tried to get our breakfast coupons back and the lady working the register informed us that we couldn't have them that they were expired. Turns out that when they checked us in they didn't circle the right days of our stay on the coupons. We then had to go to the front desk to get replacements, where we received attitude from one of the daytime front desk workers and ended up walking off with still no coupons for the next day's breakfast. Needless to say it just went down hill from there until finally the owner ended up in our room the 2nd night at 10:30 pm with the manager and girl who checked us in the night before. My son was asleep on the couch as the 2nd air mattress they brought didn't hold air either. The manager didn't have much to say and the owner didn't had a very good attitude. I will not go into detail about what transpired at that point. Instead of being apologetic and accomodating he was antagonistic and kept making statements like, that there were new employees, and stressed out, busy employees, etc. Maybe if these people are affected so negatively by their jobs they should look into another career. At that point we didn't want to hear excuses. It was very pathetic that these issues couldn't have been resolved earlier in the day by employees instead of pushing them off onto the manager who in turn involved the owner. But then after trying to talk to the owner, in an effort to bring his attention to these things, we determined that his customer service was lacking, as well as his employees. We thought later that maybe our expectations were too high, but then determined if you are going to pay good money for a room you should be treated with dignity and respect. It is evident that from the top down there are organizational issues ,as well as customer service issues and needless to say we won't be staying there again.

Stayed May 2008
GServices, Guest Services Director at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2008
These people came in haggling for a cheap room on a very busy weekend. After giving them a discount they still wanted more. The disgruntled guests did not complain until day two of their stay. They still wanted more of a discount and wanted to talk to the owner. The owner and General Manager talked to them and they still wanted a bigger discount. They were not going to be satisfied with anything unless they got a $120 room for $50. We offered to pay for their room at another hotel if they wanted to leave. They liked the hotel and didn't want to leave, they just wanted a bigger discount. They didn't get want they wanted so they made up a story for spite.
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

The property is older and has not been rennovated. The design includes a small swimming pool in a central, covered atrium with the hotel rooms around the perimeter. The room includes a free hot breakfast provided from the restaurant buffet line. The breakfast buffet includes biscuits, white gravy, pork sausage, and eggs but no fruit, yougert, oatmeal, juice, etc. such as more contemporary hotels offer. Bed sheets do not seem to fit the mattresses well and tend to come loose during the night.

• Liked — the staff was very friendly and helpful to someone from out-of-town
  • Disliked — breakfast was too high calorie, high fat
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!