“Nice Koa” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canute
Elk City / Clinton KOA
I-40, Exit 50 Clinton Lake, Canute, OK 73626   |
Bainbridge
“Nice Koa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights, and even though we were next to I 40 the noise never bothered us a bit They have a nice dog park which is between the two areas of campers. The restrooms were very clean. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The cabins are WAY overpriced. The "deluxe" cabin has no more than a bed and bathroom. While the shower was clean, the floor looked as if hasn't been cleaned in months. We had to sweep out all 3 AND The Family Rec Room, which was absolutely filthy and took us 4 hours to clean. The staff was EXTREMELY RUDE throughout our entire stay, though we paid $700 to stay in these conditions. The WiFi does NOT work even with the password and were told to connect to a SECURED wifi without the password and it would work fine. I have always had great experience with KOA sites, but would NOT recommend this KOA to anyone. Travel a little farther east to the Cherokee post KOA.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here overnight and was pleasantly surprised with clean restrooms and helpful staff, can recommend it for an overnight stay. As previous writers have said the wind blows here so be prepared.Bit of traffic noise during the night but it is next to the freeway so to be expected.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vashon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

After driving across north Texas, it was wonderful to find a shady spot with trees. The man behind the counter was friendly and smiling, the restroom was clean, and the park was well kept. It is windy in Oklahoma, and there was a burn ban in effect, so no outdoor fires, and the pool was not open while I was there, but overall I really liked this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We got in here late last night, 11 pm. Mother-in-law called in in advance and they made it really easy to come in and get to our cabins and get some sleep last evening before we take off here shortly. I have my internet through my MiFi and thought I would go ahead and write a review. My in-laws had the cabin with the restroom and supposedly cable. The cable did not work. So if you're staying here for the cable, I would pass. The basketball 'place' is just a rim with no hard surface court, so I wouldn't plan on any serious b-ball games either. If you're just staying here for an overnight or a few nights, it is a great place. It's not huge on frills, but there is a playground and swimming pool to keep kids entertained for a little bit. I would stay here again on an overnight, but due to the distance from our house and not having any family or specific reason to be here besides going through, I probably wouldn't make it more than just a stopover.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

To make a long story short, our stay was for one night. It was during a hot spell and the air conditioner would not work properly. I went to discuss the problem with the manager and he was rude to me. Will never stay at this campground again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Foley, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I called 3 hours before arriving at this KOA. The very friendly lady told me there were
10 to 15 cable channels. We decided to stop early, rest and watch TV. We had 2 channels
one was snowy and the other had no sound. We ask for help, and they did send someone
to try and fix it. Could not fix it and we would not have complained so much but we paid$35.05 out in the middle of nowhere.
We have passed by this place in past years, will definitely pass by in Sept on our way
back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Elk City / Clinton KOA? Share your experiences!