“relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
greenville texas
“relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We have stayed at the Hochatown Lodge for the last 5 to 6 years, at least 2 or 3 times a year. We have always enjoyed our stay. The owners have always been very good to us. The rooms, the pool & the service has always been up to date. I would not stay any other place. The location is perfect. You are close to everything. thank you Hochatown Lodge family for always making us feel right at home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I booked a "suite" for almost 100.00, thinking this would be the nicest place in Hochatown, close to Beavers Bend Resort Park. We booked a nonsmoking room, and at checkin, had to sign a statement that we understood it was a non-smoking non-pet room. Great, I thought, just what we need. However, the room immediately reaked of smoke and both my husband and I developed burning eyes and sneezing after just one hour in the room. After telling the front desk the next morning, we were told that it wasn't even near a smoking room.

I suspect that the construction of the building is such that the smoke is carried into the bathroom through the ventilation system, or that the walls are paper thin and the smoke is so bad from the other rooms that it absorbs through the walls and into the other rooms.

The parking lot had cigarette butts all over the ground, and the sheets were not that clean when we first checked in, so I had to request an additional set of sheets.

If you are a smoker, and you just need something "adequate" to sleep in for the night, then this place may be okay. But I would not stay here again, and I discovered during my trip that for merely $15 more I could have stayed on the lake overlooking the water at Lakeview Lodge in the Beavers Bend State Park, instead of overlooking an RV and a cigarette-butt covered parking lot.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Shreveport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My Wife and I rode 175 miles on a Harley in 105 heat and the first thing we wanted to do was jump in the pool and relax. Upon arrival we discovered the Pool was GREEN! The only part of the bottom of the pool that could be seen had some kind of debris laying in it. So that scrubed that idea! The room was ok, we reserved the best room they had and to be honest it was a very basic Motel 6 Room with a Jaquzi tub. It was clean, the linnens were clean and the overall appearance of teh room was ok. I guess I was expecting something more for the price taht we paid. The large sign as you drive up to the lodge said "Continental Breakfast", the door next to the ice machine stated "No Breakfast weekdays". I am really torn on how to rate this location. We did look at some other cabins in the area and they were very nice for a better value. We will do more research next time. One thing we did notice. Everything in that area was For Sale! The Stores, this place, several cabins areas along the way to the lake. I guess if you are looking for a place to lay your head and nothing romantic this is a good place to stay. I am sure they have resolved the pool issue by now. It is not my intention to bash or bad mouth th owners, I am sure they are very nice people.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
asdhdd, Owner at Hochatown Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
These people came down for a relaxing day which I appreciate them choosing our facility. Three days prior to them getting here we had stormy weather a lot of rain, the chemicals in the pool were off, leaves had blown into the pool from the storm and the rain water had made the algae in the water start growing. The pool was cleared up the day they were here. We are very sorry that this happended to these people, they seemed like very nice people. Unfortunately we can not control mother nature but the pool was cleared immediately, as fast as we possbily could after the stormy weather had moved on. I hope these people understand that this was something we could not control but like they stated the rooms were clean and we work hard for everything to be clean, even the pool. Since the people did want to get in the pool and obviously they couldn't and we do offer a pool for people I would give these people 50% off their next stay if they chose to come back. I just hope we don't have a storm a couple of days before they get here and it is still storming and blows debris into the pool right before they get here.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We put up a $50 deposit, with the understanding that $25 was refundable with no damage to the room. Be prepared to pay the whole $50. If you have pet hair on your clothes at sit on the bed, they are going to charge you for that. We kept the pet off the bed and in a crate. But "pet hair was noted" on the bed and they charged us for this. It is impossible for pet owners not to have transfer pet hair from their belongings. We left the room clean and orderly when we left. There was no damage to the room.

So, pet owners beware, you will be paying as much for your pet to stay in the room as you paid for yourself.

sI will NOT be returning to this hotel, nor will I recommend it to anyone, pet owners or not. If you are going to charge $50 for pet, just say so. I would appreciate the honesty of the payment up front.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
asdhdd, Owner at Hochatown Country Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
First of all I would like to say I am sorry that you we not happy. Yes we do have a pet policy in place and find for the most part our guest greatly appreciate this. In your case there was pet hair found on the bedding and this was immediatley brought to your attention. There was a $50.00 fee for this violation for the necessary cleaning. This fee is made very clear at check in as our guest must sign and initial this agreement. I feel the only way to avoid this comments that you have made on here would have been to waive the fee you were ultimatley charged. Looking back I sometimes wish I would have. However we chose to stand behind our rules and enforce the consequences for violating the rules. This is not always a polular choice but sometimes must be done. As I stated in the begining most guest appeciate the extra effort that is made to ensure that they are not left dealing with someone else's pet issues. Please know that it was simply a matter of following and enforcing the rules on our behalf. I can only hope that you will someday realize that we did not set out to make you unhappy and cause you to feel like you need to leave such comments on this web site.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

The Country Lodge is located at the junction of highway 259 and the south end of 259A, the loop that travels through Beavers Bend State Park, between Broken Bow, OK, and Hochatown. It is about a 3 ot 4 hour drive from Dallas / Fort Worth and Tulsa / Oklahoma City, and Shreveport. The Lodge has large, well appointed, modern rooms with refrigerators and microwaves, large bathrooms, and plenty of electrical outlets and good lighting. There is free wifi in the rooms. The lodge also has a breakfast room off the reception area, and a breakfast of hot and cold cereal, coffee, juice, fruit, muffins, rolls, toast, and do-it-yourself waffles is included from 6:30 to 10 am.

The Lodge is a few miles from Broken Bow Lake and the Mountain Fork River, which has been managed to become a premier trout fishing river with several associated streams feeding off and into it. It is located next to the Three Rivers Fly Shop. Although I didn't visit them, there is a nearby golf course, swimming beaches on the lake and river, canoeing and other watercraft sports, horseback riding, and hiking. Dining is available about 5 miles in either direction in Hochatown (Steven's Gap and Abendingos) or Broken Bow (Papa Poblano, Pier 49), and their is a country store / sandwich shop and internet cafe adjacent to the Lodge.

This is a clean, well appointed establishment with easy access to the local parks.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We had our family reunion there the last 2 years. We all enjoyed the stay (there were more than 40 of us). The owners are very friendly and worked hard to make our stay a pleasant one. The rooms are new and fresh. We will be going again next month for our third year.

• Liked — Very clean rooms
  • Disliked — There is not a huge selection of restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

New, only 1 year old. Very kid friendly. Nice pool, very clean. Has miniature golf and go karts right next door. Would definitely stay there again. Owners were very nice and acommodating.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Hochatown Country Lodge? Share your experiences!