“Quiet little park that became our second home...” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broken Bow
Mountain Home RV Park
Sobol, Broken Bow, OK   |
Dallas
“Quiet little park that became our second home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We found this park when my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We needed to be within driving distance of Dallas for doctors' appointments, but wanted to be out in the country, close to Broken Bow, but without all the tourist traffic. We stayed from December of 2010 until September of 2011, because it was much easier to leave the RV full time, versus towing it back and forth, since their monthly rate was only $300.

This property appealed to us for many reasons; it's near Pine Creek Lake, which is overlooked by the tourists. The campground is clean and quiet, with 8 x 12 storage buildings with covered decks. We needed the extra storage for mom's wheelchair and all our long-term supplies, and never had any problems with security or theft while we were there. The campground has wooded trails for guests' ATV's, and a cleaning station for fresh catch. The owner lives on site and was always quick to help us with anything we needed, including fixing a flat tire on our travel trailer, and fixing our RV's heater after it went out in the middle of the night.

We preferred to be out of the traffic in Broken Bow, and did not want to be parked along side a high traffic area. This park sits several acres back off Highway 3, with very little road noise and all the nature and wildlife you can imagine. Of all the campgrounds Mom and I visited in North Texas and Southeast Oklahoma, this was her favorite.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
planet earth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Note: This park lists as being in Broken Bow (30 PLUS MILES AWAY) but is actually near Sobol,Ok.
Park is very remotely located-NO CELL COVERAGE Cant make a phone call.WiFi promised in the website works only half the time-When it does it is slower than dial up.Well water has a strong odor-Bring bottled water for drinking.cooking.My RV Site was not level/was on a slope.
I am a single female traveling by myself-Experienced open,petty and malicious gossip/comments from management to other guests about how I earn my living,my employment status,my character.,called a drug dealer among other things...( I do not drink,smoke or do drugs)
My trash was rummaged through,my trailer vandalized,my truck contents scrutinized-All of this in the space of one week.I had paid for one month up front( BIG MISTAKE)Stayed only because they would not refund my money.Just returned from Iraq and wanted some peace and quiet-What I got was harrassed
I WILL NOT be staying here again and WOULD NOT recommend this place to a STRAY DOG

Been to Mountain Home RV Park? Share your experiences!