“Stay was ok” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Broken Arrow
wichita, ksansas
“Stay was ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Stay was ok. Hotel is in great need of renovation- rooms had chipped paint and smelled musty. My back still hurts from the worn out matress. Staff was ok but had problems with getting reservations right for the group I was with. This hotel does have suites and a kitchen area but the rooms were VERY small. There was a free breakfast but very few things to pick from. When I called regarding the breakfast, they told me that they had a deluxe continental breakfast but that was totally false. Myself and the rest of my group have all decided that next year we will not return to this hotel even if it means spending a little more money.

• Liked — close to the football event I was attending
  • Disliked — the rooms were old and dirty
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richardmaimbourg, General Manager at Tulsa Extended Stay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2009
Thank you for your review. Currently we are under a renovation that is just about complete. If I can do anything to make your next stay more pleasant, please let me know personally and I will take care of it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Berryton, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Some relatives from CO booked this hotel after staying at a nice HoJo in another state. When they asked us to join them in Tulsa, I looked up this hotel on tripadvisor and read the reviews.
There weren't any surprises once we got there because we knew to expect...an older, sort of run-down place located close to the noisy highway. The reviews were right on target!
Since this was just a 1-night stay and we had so much fun with the relatives, it was bearable for the night but we all agreed, next time it would be worth it to spend a few extra bucks to stay some place nicer.
I did tell my family about tripadvisor and they now know to check it before they book a place sight unseen.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
I am the new General Manager of the Howard Johnson here in Tulsa, OK. I would like to invite you to stay with us again when you travel to the Tulsa area. You will find that we have made many improvements to the hotel. Please let me know when you return to Tulsa and I will make sure your stay with us is a pleasant stay.
New YOrk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

WOW! New management has taken the property and cleaned it up! The old staff is no longer there and the new managers are very honest and sincere.

THe lobby area just completed the renovation with a fireplace and flat screen tv, the rooms are being renovated with updated furniture, the staff is more than helpful and the new managers go above and beyond to take care of their guest!

Security patrols the property at night and things are looking up. I noticed that the hotel is more family oriented too.

The outdoor swimming pool is very clean.

I would recommend giving the new managers another chance.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

We transferred to Tulsa with our jobs and stayed here for a month (actually still here as of this date). The only problems were the key card kept refusing to work. It was fixed bey a very capable maintenance woman. We had housekeeping everyday of our stay, in fact we had to put the DND sign on the door so they'd pass us by. Breakfast was mediocre, but, we are both chefs. The clerk was so friendly and helped us with some relocation questions. The price is great for a long term stay compared to others in the area. I like the fact that the room was more like an apartment, bedroom separate from the living/kitchen area and could be closed off. It is very quiet and the property is well kept. They accept pets which was a big draw for us, I didn't have to put my cat in boarding. We'll stay until we find permanent housing.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Breakfast offerd
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am the new General Manager of the Howard Johnson here in Tulsa, OK. We are just about complete with our renovation and would like to invite you back to our hotel upon your return.

Please let me know when you decide to travel back in our area and I will make sure that you have a very pleasant stay.
tulsa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

Changed rooms 3 times. The first room had BM all around the toliet, the second room's bathroom ceiling fell in , which led us to our third room . The telephone did not work in room and the stove was greasy . I ended up scrubbing down the room with bleach. the bed was old and blanket had some type of white stains, we didn't even want to know what that was. The continental breakfast was decent but the women working there monitored every thing placed on the plate and when my husband tried to bring a plate to me ,she would not allow more than 2 pieces of sausage to be brought out. The manager never answered calls placed to him , the corporate office never returned calls. The place had potential , just dirty rooms and poor maintenance and very poor housekeeping. and poor management.

• Liked — the rooms were nice sized and had private bedrooms and a stove and refrig.
  • Disliked — how dirty it was
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am the new General Manager of the Howard Johnson here in Tulsa OK. I read your reviews and I am sorry that you experienced some problems during your stay. I would like to invite you back to the Howard Johnson upon your next stay here in Tulsa. If you will contact me directly, I will make sure your stay is pleasant.

I apologize that you had a bad experience at the Howard Johnson Tulsa
AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

We had a queen suite. The general layout has lots of potential but the place needs upgrading terribly. I do not expect the world for $45 a night but I DO expect clean towels, clean bedding, and a clean room. There were hairs on the sheets when we arrived and the bedspread had stains that could only be one thing . The towels were threadbare and equally badly stained. I called and asked for clean sheets and clean towels to be brought to the room. Housekeeping came immediately (a plus) and perky housekeeper girl told me cheerily "Don't worry about the stains. They were bleached." There were two adults in our room. We stayed 5 days and EVERY night I had to call the desk and ask to have towels brought to the room. The housekeeping staff either left NO clean towels in the room or they left a face cloth and a hand towel. It was quite odd. Breakfast was very basic--cereal, bagels, biscuits, gravy, but it was well presented and adequate. The coffee was pretty good actually. This place would be great with new beds, new bedding, and new towels and house keeping staff that could count the number of towels appropriate for two guests. The bed was old and the fixtures were old. For the price I would probably stay again IF the bed, bedding, and linens were new. I understand that some renovations are planned immediately and so I will call again to see if they have been done. The price for 5 days was $255 tax included. Hard to beat that if the other things are fixed. We were in town for a horse show at Expo square. It was about a 10 minute drive and thus quite convenient.

• Liked — two room layout
  • Disliked — dirty, worn out bedding and linens
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We are currently under new management and would like to welcome you back to our hotel! We are just about complete with our exterior renovation of the hotel and want to invite you back as our guest. If there's anything that I am able to do or you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Regards,
Richard Maimbourg
Seymour, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

You know the saying "A picture paints a 1000 words" - well let me tell you this - pictures can definitely be VERY deceiving - that's all me and my sisters can say about this dump!

We checked in late (apprx midnight) - the gentleman at the desk was very nice. We got to our room and opened the door and could not believe the smell of the room! The sofabed's cushions had tears in them and when you sat on the sofabed - you fell right through! The oven door handle was broken. The refrigerator had all frost on the inside. The microwave was dirty. There were no "utencils" available as described. There was mold/mildew in the corners of the shower. No TV in the bedroom. No hairdryer as indicated in the review - there was a place for it but it was missing. No lightbulbs in the lamps! The list goes on and on. We were so scared to even fall asleep - thats when we decided to move the sofabed in front of the door since the door lock was not secure. Behind the sofa was trash, food, etc.... It was absolutely disgusting - like nobody ever moved the couch for years! Needless to say we didn't sleep all night and first thing in the a.m. we called the Comfort Suites. We explained our nightmare and asked to get us the heck out of there. They were more than accomodating. They sent a shuttle to pick us up, set us up with a wonderful suite and charged us a very nominal rate.

I would NEVER recommend anyone stay at this hotel!!!!

Later that day after we left and got settled in our new hotel, we went back to the Howard Johnsons and insisted on speaking w/a manager. Of course "no manager on duty" - so they sent us the "manager of housekeeping" - which got us nowhere. The woman at the front desk was rude and very short with us - stating that there is nothing wrong with our room! Can you believe it!

We booked the hotel through priceline so they were responsible for getting us our refund. When we returned home, we talked w/priceline and were able to get a refund for the 3 nights we did not stay!

• Liked — other than the nice gentleman who checked us in - nothing
  • Disliked — we diskliked the entire experience!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
I am the new General Manager of the Howard Johnson in Tulsa, OK. I am sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel during your stay. If you return back to the Tulsa area, please let me know personally and I will make sure that your stay with us is a pleasant experience.

Been to Tulsa Extended Stay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!