“comfy Beds and Lots of Pillows” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blackwell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“comfy Beds and Lots of Pillows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Beds are good, and lots of pillows. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
BlackwellManagement, Owner at BEST WESTERN Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aurora CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Melody checked us in with a friendly smile. Microwave and fridge provided. Pet friendly. The room was very clean. The decorating was o.k., although the florescent light in the entryway made the room look terrible when we came in, but it was fine when that light was off. Breakfast was waffles, hardboiled eggs, breads, and cereals. We were told there would be biscuits and sausage gravy, but apparently there was some problem and it wasn't made. The small individual fruit cups were a nice touch. We'd probably stay here again if we were headed this way.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Southlake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The first floor is all smoking and smelled horrible. We were on 2nd floor and our room smelled like urine, even though the bathroom was clean. The sheets smelled of smoke. I had to keep the bathroom fan on to cut down the urine smell. The pool was out of order, the TV/cable was out of order. I woke up to a black bug crawling across my shoulder and arm until it fell to the floor and crawled under the bed. The microwave and fridge were clean. The breakfast had good selections. If we hadn't arrived so late at night with small children, I would have checked out the hotel next door. The person at guest service in the lobby was very apologetic.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The pool floor was dirty my son wrote " hi" in the scum along with previous writers.
16 dead crickets on the side of the indoor pool. In my room:one black hair in the tub and one my hand towel, brown stain above the trash can, and blue m@M under the trash can. I told the attendant the pool room could use some maintaince and she was sweet and apologized for the cricket problem and they don't have maintaince at 4 in the afternoon! NOT up the Best western name! Comfort in beside them has the same owner. STAY AWAY! Wasteof 96 dollars!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our room was filthy with dead bugs all around the floor. The pool was littered with dead bugs. There was a huge spider at the bottom of the pool crawling around. The owners were extremely difficult to work with. They claimed that because their hotel is in a field this happens...the pool is inside!

Room Tip: DO NOT STOP at this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

This hotel has great pillows, and gave us 6 for two people. There is a refrigerator and coffee maker, and hairdryer. Iron and board. There was no "do not disturb" sign in my room, nor in two other rooms that family stayed in. I made reservations for my two sisters and myself; our rooms were situated as had been requested (adjoining rooms/across the hall room). This is clearly a very new hotel with fresh, new, everything! We were told that there was breakfast. There is a nicely-sized and arranged room for this. However, this was stopped 1 hr. earlier than we had been informed (which was a problem the first day). The check-in process was mystifying in that they had no record of my reservation, yet DID have my sisters'. (I made all of the reservations). This was resolved after several minutes.
Our room keys (cards) did not work consistently. In fact, when returning to the room after an absence of a few hours, neither of our cards worked. We stayed 3 nights, and I got into the habit of stopping at the front desk to have it reset whenever I returned. The same borderline competent young woman who checked us in told me that the cards lose their 'programming' when kept near certain electronics. I have never had this happen before, and I tend to keep my hotel keys in the same location (my back pocket). If the staff had been magically replaced with people who had been trained, this hotel would have made 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

It was a holiday weekend. We had trouble booking a hotel room in Wichita or elsewhere at a rate we could afford. But this place had good rooms available at a good price. It is newer and close to I-35. Very good overall, though disappointed that hot tub did not work while we were there. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Blackwell Inn? Share your experiences!