We were booked for arrival on November 21, 2012 with departure on November 24, 2012. My husband and I drove over 10 hours to Bartlesville and arrived at 2am. The front desk clerk registered us and we went to our room, which was in a courtyard area without any parking nearby, we unloaded the car and then headed to the bathroom where we discovered semi wet urine ALL over the toilet seat and feces in the toilet bowl. We called the front desk clerk and he met us at our room with keys to another room. He stated that he wasn't sure what was going on because the room had not been rented since November 18th, but that there had been issues in the past with persons having unauthorized room access. We took all of our things back to the car and drove down to the other end of the property to the 2nd room--we went up to the door only to find that the door was propped open and the security latch was in place from the inside-- all of the lights were on in the room. We were unsure as to whether someone was in the room and immediately went back up to the front desk where we were given a third room. As the front desk clerk was walking us to the third room to check it out he mentioned that a couple had checked in earlier that evening and had soiled linens on the bed. The third room was fine--we parked the car and discovered that the security door on the side of the building wasn't working- the door was open and allowed unmonitored 24 hour access to the guest hallway- another security issue, it was 3am and we were too tired to attempt to find another hotel--we decided to keep the "do not disturb sign" out continuously on our door, refuse maid service the entire time we were there and we left nothing of value out of our room when we weren't there. The front desk clerk apologized for all of the issues with the rooms and promised that we would be given a discount on our room. Upon check out, there wasn't any discount--we asked about it as the same clerk was working and he stated that we were to be given an extra 500 points to our rewards account! My husband and I feel that first and foremost there are definitely security issues at this hotel that need to be addressed. Secondly, 500 rewards points is not a discount! It doesn't make up for the hour lost in the middle of the night trying to find a room to stay in and the concern we had during our entire stay for our personal safety and security! We have stayed here in the past and made our reservation this time based upon past stays, but I can tell you we will not be staying at this hotel again! Also, the "hot breakfast" was ok, they were out of wheat toast, the fresh fruit, skim milk, there weren't any "choices" of yogurt- out of those too--it became hilarious to ask for something that was on the menu because the reply was almost always "I'm sorry, we're out of that".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hotel has undergone a Quarter Million Dollar renovation and recently changed brands. We added special amenities such as Evening Snacks including Freshly Baked Cookies and Popcorn. We also have added business king rooms featuring a Welcome Basket with Bottled Water and Snacks.We offer a Full Hot Breakfast Buffet included in the price of your room.We offer a new "Pet Welcome Basket" for your Dogs to enjoy while staying.Come see the "New Look" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bartlesville
- Bartlesville Best Western