“Rooms given away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Rooms given away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a block of 11 rooms for a weekend in June and when we started arriving we were told by Andria that our rooms were given away. We had a contract signed for those 11 rooms and she was absolutely the most rudest person we have ever dealt with. I called her about this as our parents were starting to show up and all she had to say was, "too bad". We had 11 families in Zanesville trying to find places to stay and some had to stay up to an hour away. Apparently Andria and Kristen who work there don't know or don't care about their policy. We were told two different things by each of them. Worst place ever to do business. Will complain with BBB also and put on every tournament site not to stay at this place.

Room Tip: Never, ever call this hotel. Worst customer service ever.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chandlersville,OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

If of all Zanesville was hit with the bad storm on 6/29/2012 and hotel were crowed most of city was without power. I waited 1 1/2 hr to see if they had a room thinking no amenities should not cost over $70 a night, and sign stated they took AAA. No they said room was $99 but charged me 109.00 for db bed they said because had 3 people. But second night I was told I could get a single rm for $89 since it was only myself this night. They later told me they had no single rm so would have to charge me 98, well electric came back on and wanted to cancel rm at 430 and was told it was too late. I ask for my receipt and they gave it to me. So after checking my credit card they charged me same for both nights. Called and talked to manager and said could not offer AAA cause was state emergency crisis. And when I stated didn't even stay second night and was only going to be me, she stated all same price for up to 4 a rm. They lied about everything. How can you give a receipt for one price and charge cc another. Well they have not heard the last of me. I will turn in for fraud. and BBB and call AAA to see what they have to say. Taking advantage of people in a crisis.. Shame Shame on them.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel, Can't trust their word. Will quote you one price and charge your card another.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We booked a room with this hotel through TripAdvisor/Priceline.com and was guaranteed a price of $69.99 + tax. However, when my husband check in they charged him $115.00!!!! He spoke with the manager and was told that they could not change the price. I am very upset and plan to take action in regards to this matter. It is very bad business practice to work with an online company to help people book a stay with your hotel and then not honor the guaranteed price. The room and stay with this hotel was not worth $115.00!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I wanted to get a little East of Columbus, OH before stopping for the night so we picked the Super 8 based on its location and the coupon in those Rest Stop Hotel books. It was a good choice. Besides all the basics being what they should be - clean room, well lighted stairways, amenities as advertised (and that includes wi-fi that was really functioning, unlike my stay in another hotel in Pittsburgh the night before that didn't have wi-fi - read my review of that if you need to) - I was probably most impressed with the Night Desk person - CJ. Helpful, informative, friendly. We were at home the minute we checked in.

I don't think there's an elevator, but there's handicap accessible access on the first floor if you need that. The breakfast was less than desired as there wasn't any yogurt or fruit, or maybe I just got there too late for that. For the great rate I got I could get yogurt at the gas station next door if I needed that!!

I'd recommend stopping here if you're passing through Zanesville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

SERVICE - At check-in, I noticed they were going to charge us more than our online reservation said. My wife presented them with our printed confirmation from priceline.com. To which, the lady in charge quickly said, "NO. We don't use Priceline." We explained that they obviously have some connection to Priceline since we are HOLDING the confirmation! She repeated "No!" several times, which was just really annoying when you're just expecting them to check you into your room and be polite. We eventually figured out that somehow priceline was connected to another website which the hotel uses. But why was this our problem, and why were they treating us like WE were being unreasonable? I've been in customer service a long time, and the response should have been apologetic, then helpful in finding a resolution. Instead it was antagonistic and escalating. On a positive note, a man who worked the front desk in the morning was much more pleasant.

ROOM - Fairly clean. Refrigerator and microwave. The biggest disappointment was NO IRON in the room OR hotel. This made me late to our meeting because I had to go elsewhere to get an iron. It would be a good $20 investment for the front desk to have one handy for guests to borrow. Pack your own.

BREAKFAST - Glad they offered one, but it was very small: waffles, cereal, muffins and coffee.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this motel only because I was placed here for job training and it was the worst place I have ever been. I kill four spiders. There were spider webs in every corner of my room. I could only bare staying here two nights because the second day I woke up to little red bites all over my arms and shoulders. I immediately paid for another hotel with excellent reviews and cleanliness. I absolutely do not reccomend this place to anyone who isn't a truck driver because thats the only ones who just need a place to lay down.

• Stayed May 2012
chillicothe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Upon arrival greeted by very friendly and welcoming front desk. i was given second floor room and must admit room was spanking clean. didnt find single dust. was there on work purpose and Wifi works very well with strong signal . Breakfast was nice with hot waffle . i surely be back in future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Andria-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Zanesville, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff treated you kindly! We look forward to having you stay with us again, when ever you are in our area!

Been to Super 8 Zanesville? Share your experiences!