“a little better than average Super 8” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Zanesville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2440 National Road, Zanesville, OH 43701   |
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Zanesville
Kettering
“a little better than average Super 8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Front desk clerk was very friendly as she welcomed me at check-in. The room was clean and comfortable. There is food(McD's A&W and Blimpie) and a gas station within walking distance. This is a 3 story Super 8 with no elevator available, I also did not see any luggage cart available for use. The breakfast offerings were probably good, but by the time I got there at 9am all that was left was bagels, cold cereal and the waffle machine. Overall a good value for the money($60), Easy on/off access to I-70. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms only have a few steps to go down, but the noise from the upper floors is possible...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Andria-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Zanesville, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We are very glad to see you enjoyed your stay and are pleased you found it comforting. Hope to see you the next time you pass through our area!

Super 8 Zanesville

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Annville PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

After a long drive I found this hotel/motel along Rt.70. I checked in around 1 A.M. The front desk gentlemen was pleasant and helpful. I stayed on the first floor non smoking room. Everything appeared clean and in working order. Checked out early and everything went smoothly. My only issue was the heat was set very low and it took a little till it warmed up, but I was sleeping anyway.

Room Tip: It appears by the reviews, that most of the issues were on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Andria-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Zanesville, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us. I'm glad you found our front desk clerk helpful, and I'm very sorry the heat took a minute to warm up.
Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again if your out this way!
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband, our 9 month old nephew and myself stayed here a few days ago. we checked into room 208 and I was sitting on one of the beds and something crawled across my hand. Freaked me out and I screamed. But couldnt find anything so just thought it was me "seeing things". I let it go and managed to get a couple of hours of sleep. I woke up to tend to the baby and just as I was about to lay back down...saw a bug at the head of the bed next to my pillow. I called downstairs to the front desk and the lady said, "It's probably just a water bug. I'll send housekeeping up." "just a waterbug?" hello..what happened to cleanliness???!!!
So, I took a couple of photos of it and then housekeeping arrived and took the bug out of the room.
we packed immediately! As we were packing I noticed a big bug on the wall. Now realizing that that was what the bug looked like that ran across my hand a few hours before. so, I wasn't imagining things.
The lady at the front desk called us and said, "You're checking out?" to which I replied, "Oh yeah!". She wrote cancel on our receipt, but didnt give me a copy. So I sent my husband back in to get a copy just in case. She never offered an apology or anything!
We arrived at our destination...and I am ate up with bedbug bites. Legs, arms, toes and fingers!
Our nephew has several on him as well and the doctor has put me on 2 medications! we came to visit our family and instead Im sick from these bugs. Itchy and just miserable!!! The medications aren't doing much to help either. So much for a vacation!
I have a complaint filed with their customer service. They said I will hear from them by February 16th. We will see what they have to say....watch for an update from me.

Room Tip: ALWAYS CHECK TRIP ADVISOR BEFORE STAYING ANYWHERE!!!! and if you dont see a review on Trip Advisor...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Andria-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Zanesville, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
We are very sorry that you found your stay with us unsatisfactory. As you stated we did not charge you for the time you spent in the hotel. We checked the room for any type of infestation and we have yet to find any. We are currently having the room exterminated for the guests' satisfication. Again, we are sorry for any inconvience.

Travelers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

Milford DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Everyone was pleasant and room was better than most. Only negative was a soda machine in the hallway, that sounded like it was going to take off and fly. Was a holiday weekend and probably could not be fixed until a workday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a typical Super 8. Smallish rooms with noisy air conditioners. Dim hallways, carb loaded breakfast. Nothing exceptional, nothing overly annoying. A solid stay at a OK price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

My colleage and myself recently stayed at this facility. We booked are room through priceline the date of stay. We where traveling to a fire conference twelve hours away and thought we would stay half way to beat the bad weather. We checked in at 11 pm and where gone by 7. A couple of days after our stay we saw a charge on our debit card for 100.00. When I called to see what was wrong I was told that we broke one lamp shade and broke the other lamp shade at the light socket. I realize it is thier word against ours. I have stayed in many hotels on buisness trips and NEVER broken lamp shades. And if I did I would bring it to the attention of the hotel prior to leaving, I feel that the is the hotels way of making money back from the priceline price. I have no reason to tear up lamp shades let alone two during an 8 hour time period when we where trying to get sleep to continue our journey. And the best are hard as a rock. So what sleep we did get was uncomfortable making the next days drive very enjoyable! I will make sure that no one in the company I work for ever uses this company again, especially this hotel! BAD CHOICE! DIRTY HOTEL! POOR SERVICE! Do yourself a favor and drive to another town to get a hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Gulfport, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

The sheets had hair in them. We had to call the front desk to get a clean set. The woman told us that had happened before.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Super 8 Zanesville? Share your experiences!