“Bates Motel is right” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Zanesville

You added Motel 6 Zanesville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Zanesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4645 East Pike, I-70 at Exit 160, Zanesville, OH 43701 (Formerly Ramada Zanesville)   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Versailles, Kentucky
“Bates Motel is right”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I first stayed in this motel right after it had changed from a Ramada to Motel 6 a few weeks ago. There were many problems that first time (dirty, no wifi, no light bulbs in room or at front desk, etc), but thought they were working on it and gave them a 2nd chance. So wrong - dirtier than ever, still no wifi, the common areas were not heated (the desk clerk was wearing his wool coat and a scarf), and then a very loud party in the conference room facing the rooms. No housekeeping, had to ask for towels the 2nd night. Weren't sure we were going to get a room at check in, had made the res weeks in advance - so many rooms were unusable, they had to keep moving people around. The sheets were see thru and no matress pad. Will never stay there again. Never.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Under no circumstance would I stay at this hotel again. It is filthy!! The room was not cleaned during our stay and not sure it was cleaned prior to our arrival. There was dirt all over the floor. Booked a non-smoking room but was placed in a smoking room. I was advised that all the non-smoking rooms were taken. Someone had tracked mud in the common areas of the hotel and this was not ever vacuumed during our stay. The Wi-Fi did not work either. You would be better off to sleep in your car. I can't even begin to describe how disgusting this place is. Management/owner doesn't seem to care.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mid Coast Maine, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

By far the worst motel experience of my life. The Bates Motel looks charming compared to this house of horrors. Was on a road trip with my daughter visiting colleges. If we hadn't ben so exhausted when we arrived we wouldn't have stayed. Rooms are filthy. Most of the lights outside and inside were out. The smell of urine was pervasive. Fortunately we had our sleeping bags so we didn't have to touch the bed clothing. I usually like Motel 6, and if not for a truly wonderful experience the next day at the Motel 6 in Richmond, IN, I would have never set foot in another one do to this experience. Two days after staying here I received a survey from the CEO of the company asking about my stay there, so it's obvious they're aware of the complaints. My advice, if you don't want to start losing valuable customers. Shut the place down, gut it, remodel, clean up, fumagate, and then open under new management (talk to the folks in Richmond, because their doing it right!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great Location Very Nice Rooms Being Rehabbed at this time Friendly workers....Pool is being re-painted and they say it will be open by 9/27. also they have a very nice vending area in the pool area very clean hotel. I will be staying there again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belvidere, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pulled in very late and just needed a room to sleep in. If I could have seen the outside of the place I may have decided to keep driving. The security doors did not lock and the chain lock was broken inside the room. The toilet seat was broken and I didn't feel comfortable walking around with bare feet. The sign that says Ramada is just a banner they tied to the front of the building. I began to wonder if this place is really tied to the Ramada chain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sevierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed for a weekend hunting trip checking-in last saturday and than paid for an extended stay till 6. (which they set up nicely, we were never bothered and they remembered it, very impressed)When we arrived to the hotel it was about 7pm at night and we had worked all week and we're just exhausted wanted to get in the room and go to bed. When we checked in the front desk girl was having a hard time getting us into a room, i guess there was a problem with another room. Finally after 10 minutes she said she would just upgrade us to a suite. (which was not worth the price they were asking)The hotel was very quite..almost creepy quite. I only saw a few others staying at the hotel. I was so excited to find there was a indoor heated pool, which was cloudy and green when we went to swim. Not happy about that, but we just decided to go to Dennys to eat. The hotel is obviously old, there is nothing wrong with the rooms though. I checked the bed FIRST THING checked for mold and all the other gross stuff, no problems there. The sheets were perfectly white,the bed was soooo soft but the carpets were filthy, dont walk barefoot! There is an AMAZING Dennys diner 5 second up the road. (we ate there twice)Its really not a bad place to stay! They do use wayyyy to much bleach though i broke out in hives from it. All in All its a decent place, maybe a little pricey, waited about 30 minutes at the desk to ask a question, and dont go expecting to use the pool, it looks like they don't regulary take care of it.Don't expect the normal ritzy Ramadas this is not one, I'll stay again gun season with all our friends though.

Room Tip: restuarant, pool and spa are closed!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were in town for a softball tournament. The hotel might have been wonderful shape at one time (former Holiday Inn by the title of the pool area, Holidome), but it has fallen into disrepair and it appears that no money is being spent for the repairs. The carpet, windows, walls, and pool were filthy. I couldn't wait to get home to take a shower to feel clean. We sat at the front desk lobby for over 40 minutes waiting for someone to come to the desk to get us more towels, blankets and pillow cases for the pull out couch. He finally came back after our request and still did not have all the items. I left the extra blanket and pillow without a pillow case on the pull out couch but they took the blanket and never put a pillow case on the pillow. We stay in hotels with softball teams all year round and many people had numerous complaints about the kids running around and making noise. I blame the parents, but when another guest notified the front desk, they were blown off. There was a bright red mercedes parked in the check in area the whole time and it takes up a ton of room in that area and should be parked elsewhere. They advertise a hot breakfast but it was only a continental, and the 2nd day, although they had bagels available they had no butter or cream cheese. They had like 8 choices of cereal but more than 1/2 were nearly empty. No one was around the breakfast area for assistance.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Zanesville? Share your experiences!