“A one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Pottstown
“A one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

If you can't make it passed Zanesville, OH for $81.46 you will get a clean room with a comfortable bed, fridge, microwave and a hot shower. A friendly staff greets you at 8pm to check in and to help with breakfast and check you out. It was easy off and on I 70 east/west. A little in town the area looked run down but right across the street was a large Lutheran church with ladies standing outside. A couple who came out of one of the rooms began walking towards the town area. . The parking lot was packed when we got there. We had called when we were 2 hours away for a reservation and got one without a problem. We got everything we asked for : first floor, non smoking. You might be asking why not 5 stars? Well the place was old and one night was enough. The door had duct tape at the bottom which was coming off. We did not have an insect problem but easily could with the open space. If it were winter , cold air would come in. The AC worked, even though it was an older unit with a minimal amount of control. The shower and sink were clean but showed signs of age. Breakfast was not for me. My husband got coffee and I got a bottle of water. Cereal, milk, OJ, muffins and waffles were the only things offered. A banana would have been nice or some yogurt. We stopped because the ratings were not terrible, the price seemed fair and it was available. If you need more than one night , I would want a better place but then you pay more too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This Econo Lodge surpassed my expectations. The owner obviously pays attention to the little things. There was a small toothpaste packet to go along with the standard shampoo and soap. The entire room was clean as well as the bathroom. The owner made the waffles for us and other guests in the morning and helped us with other parts of our breakfast. I'm sure he doesn't do that every morning, but it demonstrated the type of care that is exhibited at the motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night with my wife. The owner greeted us and was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was fine. Everything worked and it was clean. I wish that more businesses were run like this. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014
Southborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I would not stay in this motel again even if it was an emergency situation. The room we were assigned was the worst room in which I have ever stayed. The photo online of the motel is very deceptive. It is an older motel but this is not my issue. The tub and bathroom fixtures were rusted over and the sink was filthy. So taking a shower was out of the question. Even my cat, who is a clean freak, was spooked out about the room. She didn't want to walk on the carpeted floor. The day staff told me they hated having cats stay in their rooms. My cat religiously uses an enclosed litter box and completely cleaned herself at least 4 times overnight and cuddled with us in bed all night long except to use her box. The only reason we stayed here was because the other choice member hotels were not available and we were worn out from a long day while moving across country. They should have paid us to stay at this hotel. I can't believe Choice Hotels still allows the hotel to be listed as available on their website. It would never pass a health inspector's visit.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel ever! If you are moving across country find a safe parking lot and sle...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

New Martinsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Econo Lodge in Zanesville is clean, quiet and placed closely to my favorite place in town, Weasel Boy Brewing. The real find in the place, though, is the owner, Neil Patel. Neil was there when we checked in during the early evening and was there at 6 a.m. to make waffles for us. He was in great spirits both times and couldn't have been more friendly or knowledgeable. Talking with Neil was worth the stay. He is a fount of information and gladly shares it. Thumbs up to the Econo Lodge and its owner, Neil Patel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I checked in very late one night. The customer service was wonderful! The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I slept like a baby! It was a pleasure staying there. The room was clean. A nice breakfast was offered but I didn't take advantage of it. The owner was working the desk when I checked in. She was so sweet. I felt very safe which is important when traveling by myself. It's convenient to everything in the area. I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Zanesville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family and I have stayed at this hotel several different times.The rooms are always very clean. The comforter is so soft and warm. The pillows are like clouds. They offer a wonderful breakfast. There are fresh made waffles,muffins,cereal and toast. they offer fresh fruit and juice as well. The price of the rooms are very affordable. The staff is friendly and always have a smile on there face. So if you are ever near this hotel stop an enjoy it for your self.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Zanesville? Share your experiences!