“Great service-room nicely renovated-price good-loved food area for good late snack night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Zanesville

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Out room was very clean and the staff was very helpful/nice. My husband wasnt feeling very well so went to food court in lodge (very good). Will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wilmington, DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My teenage son, his girlfriend & I were driving from the East Coast to Indiana for the 4th of July holiday weekend. Our intent was to drive straight through, but at midnight we decided to stop in Zanesville. As we neared town, I called several hotels (from my GPS) & sadly most didn't have availability or they didn't have 2 beds available.

The desk person at EconoLodge was nice. He offered a rate & when I said I was going to check around, he asked where we were. When I said I was travelling with my "children" & we were 10 minutes away, he offered me a $15 discount.

Upon our arrival, they office staff was friendly & ready for us. Our room was on the first floor. It wasn't much to look at from the outside, but the interior was clean, not terribly outdated, & honestly it was quite comfortable. The room had a microwave & small dorm fridge, which would be convenient for someone staying longer. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean & the water was good & hot.

We went to the pub for a drink - which was a bit dingy b/c you can still smoke in public places there. But the barmaid poured me a good, stiff drink & I was happy. There were about 5 patrons in the bar.

In the morning, the 3 of us reported to the hotel lobby for our "continental breakfast": we could have wheat toast, cheerios, or homemade waffles. We opted for the waffles & the desk matron came & made them for us. We could also have coffee, tea, orange juice or milk. It was a very simple set-up, but saved us $$ from eating out.

Again, I can't say enough for the staff who was on-hand to help us out. Very friendly. I would probably stay here again, just for a place to rest my travelling body!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wentzville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel several years ago, and while it was older, it was reasonably well kept then. Not anymore. The room was relatively clean, however the appearance and some amenities were sorely in need of upgrades. Hot water took forever, then was hard to keep regulated in the shower and sink. Heater had one setting that seemed to work, no matter which one you put it on. Alarm on the clock did not work, and the wake up call requested on our second night never happened. TV reception was horrible and while HBO was advertised, they didn't have it. Phone was incredibly static-y and impossible to hear on.

The manager, and signs on the doors, claimed that they were remodeling, but I think it's too late. Take my advice, spend the extra $10 a night, and stay at one of the 3-4 better hotels a few blocks away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This motel is located in an urban location in town, there are very few ammenities around for dining and the entire property is in need of a major overhaul. It did the trick for me and my friends, our group had really low expectations thankfully !! Price is low, hence you get what you pay for. (we did try to book at one of the nicer properties located on I-70, but a large convention was in town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Neil P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Zanesville, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear If You Have No Other Choice
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, Our Hotel is not in an Urban Community. We our located right of I-70 in The Historical Town of Zanesville. Yes our hotel is an Older Hotel but it only goes with the Lovely Old Churches & Rustic Old Buildings. As mentioned above Zanesville is an Historic Town and is known for that. As far Dining Downtown has many downtown & near by restaurants. (Locally Owned & Chains) Our hotel is now under New Management, Staff and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Poughkeepsie, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I booked 2 rooms one week before and asked for side-by-side downstairs outside rooms. Dawn the manager emailed me back with rooms 125 and 126 guaranteed. I arrived at the hotel with my friends and discovered that these rooms were not available. She offered me one upstairs room. We declined and walked out in disgust. 2 weeks later, I discover that my credit card account has been charged for two rooms! I called the hotel back and Dawn lied to me again and stated that she had two rooms available for me, which is why I was charged. I said to her that I do not believe a word she has to say. I wonder if they will credit my account? Dawn is dishonest. BTW we found better, less expensive rooms at a Super 8 hotel a couple of exits away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Dear I Think Dawn is a Lying Menace 2010
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, Dawn no longer works at the establishment any more. I would like to apologize for the mishap you had when you wanted to stay here. I am truly sorry for this. I can assure you this is not a management technique. The hotel is now under New Management and Staff. The Property had went to Y Bridge Inn during that time and has now returned back to the Choice Hotels Family. We have been working hard on Renovating all of the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We h ad used this motel several times over the last 20 yrs and i must say the last 5yrs it has gone down hill. The comforter was torn in the room and the room was just plain nasty,, Chairs had big wet spots ...curtains did not close tightly...dogs in the other rooms kept barking...we will skip this motel from now on! The computer to check in was not working. they wrote out a hand receipt..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear What A Dump 2009
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, I truly agree with you that a lot had changed in your 20 years of traveling to our hotel. I want to assure that now more has changed for a New & Brighter Future. We have a full new staff, newly renovated furniture also new Management and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. New curtains & Bedding have been ordered and will be in place by this May. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I made the mistake of stopping here on a cross-country trip. the front desk clerk assured me the wifi was working fine; after check-in got to the room to discover the wifi was not working. I should have tried the wifi right in front of the guy I guess.

Then to top it off, they charged me $150 extra which the front desk claims they didn't, but it's on my Discover card bill. So now I'll have to dispute it with the credit-card company since the front desk claims they only charged me the one night (a miserably spent $69.96 at that).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dear Mediocre Place in 2009
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, I am sorry our internet did work for you and that the staff that was working here over charged your card when you stay at our property in 2009. I want to assure that we have a full new staff and the wifi has been corrected to an certain extent. I will be all over the building with awesome signal & strength by this summer. Our hotel is now under New Management, Staff and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Dennis

Been to Econo Lodge Zanesville? Share your experiences!