“Food is good but pricey. Patio is where you want to eat” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
ohio
“Food is good but pricey. Patio is where you want to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a very small local eatery. Try to go when you can sit on the patio that overlooks the river. The inside of the restaurant is very small. I love, love, love the wedge salad with the egg mustard dressing. The rest of the menu has good food but it is just priced too high for what you get. Expect to pay extra for every thing you want. It's a nice place to go if you are looking for something a little different.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Amherst, NH
“Pleasant stop for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by accident. We walked from downtown to have lunch at the brew pub next door only to find that it was closed until 4pm. Hungry we stumbled into Muddy Misers. Not very busy but it was 2:30. Outside on the patio was pretty with a river view but it was hot and humid so we sat inside. Limited but good variety on menu. I had soup and salad and my wife had the Asian salad. Lettuce was fresh, crisp, and a good variety of greens. Tomato basil soup was very good. My wife liked her salad and said the chicken in it was excellent. Credit machine was down so had to pay cash. $20 for the meal with only water to drink.

Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Find plus Right Next Door to Brewery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stumbled upon this place while looking for a local craft brewery, which happens to be next door. My family and I had a very enjoyable dinner on a Friday night. We dined on their back deck overlooking the river. I had the crab & shrimp cake blt. Was quite good although it needed more remoulade sauce. Also tried the Carolina Clam Chowder which I enjoyed. My wife really liked her pasta dish with scallops. My kids all had chicken fingers which were much better than average. We saw some steaks brought out for other tables that looked great! Prices were reasonable for the quality of food and ambiance. Zanesville is halfway in between where I live (Pittsburgh) and where I grew up (Cincy). We travel between the two a decent bit. We will definitely be making this a regular dining stop on our trip.

Visited May 2013
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Travelers: Skip the chain restaurants and come here instead.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you're hungry and traveling along I-70 and passing Zanesville, skip the temptation to run into a chain restaurant. Because just a tiny bit off the highway (under 5 minute drive) you'll find this neat local gem of a restaurant.

We had excellent sandwiches (a unique turkey club and a pulled pork po' boy) and great service. We also chose to eat outside on a deck overlooking the Muskingham River. It was a lovely view and a perfect break from the long hours spent in the car.

If this was our hometown, I know it would be one of our favorite restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Unique find, delicious meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our daughter attends Muskingum University in nearby New Concord. We were doing a day-long "tour" of Zanesville & came across this dining gem. We were glad it was open early for dinner -- my steak with the gorgonzola cream sauce and mushrooms was done perfectly. My husband had the walleye with the lobster tail add-on -- we ended up sharing all of our dishes. Our server was attentive and talkative & very informative about the menu. We will return.

• Visited April 2013