“Great stop along the turnpike” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Youngstown
Breckenridge, Michigan
“Great stop along the turnpike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Room was well furnished and bed very large and comfortable. Room was clean and large enough with a flat screen/WiFi/fridge. We travel w/ two Shih-Tzu's and found this hotel very accommodating and pet friendly. With all that being said, it is a remodeled 70's era highway side motel with the sink removed from a small lavatory w/ shower/tub. If that is what you expect, this is an excellent stop for those traveling with pet's. The front counter was minimally staffed, but the rate showed a frugal management. I can accept that. Pass on the breakfast.

I expected far worse from the reviews. I feel I received a great value in a clean and safe location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed at this motel for one overnight stay because it was convenient to the highway as we were en route to our destination. The staff was friendly, the rate was excellent, the room was spacious and had a refrigerator and microwave, it was very clean and smelled fresh, the free Wi-fi worked well, and there are several dining options and gas stations close by, Other than a briefly barking dog in the hallway at one point, the motel wasn't noisy. However, the bed was very uncomfortable and both of us woke up with aching backs. I doubt that we would stay there again unless there were no other options available or we happened to have an air mattress with us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Delaware, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel a little over a month 1/2 ago. Was completely disappointed with my stay.
While the staff was very nice, the room was in horrible condition. Rust stains on the toilet and bathroom floor, carpets in the room and throughout the hotel covered in stains, as well as chairs in the room.
None of the windows on the second floor had screens on them, and at one point me and my friend were down in the pool and a little girl on the second floor was leaning out of her room waving at us. Completely unsafe!! That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
At one point during the night I dropped something behind the TV stand and when I went to move it out to grab it, I was greeted by months worth of dust built up, not to mention the TV station guide that we had been looking for.
Lastly in the breakfast room there was a tip jar out... We were down there for a half hour and didn't see the breakfast person once, why in the world should I tip them??
When I complained to the hotel I was told that basically since I never said anything during my stay (I was told when I made the res that I got the last smoking room, so what would be the point of asking to move??) that besides an apology that there was nothing they could do. so basically I wasted 16,000 points on a hotel that IMHO isn't worth 1,000.
There are much nicer looking hotels in the immediate area of this one, and I highly suggest staying at one of them!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We chose the Meander Inn because it allowed our small dog for a small fee. The place is clean, but run down, sheets and bedding seemed old and worn out, the room smelled like insecticide. The water tasted like what dirt smells like. The lobby had garbage cans overflowing and was messy. The breakfast room was stocked well, but was old and depressing. For the price paid it was ok if you don't mind the aging facilities and general run down feel of the place. The only upgrade in decades was the flat screen tv's and large selection of cable channels. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night the night before our daughter was to have a campus visit at Youngstown State University. We arrived around dinnertime after a long day of driving and were happy to see that there was a restaurant connected to the hotel so we wouldn't have to drive anywhere else for dinner. The dinner at the restaurant was satisfactory - nothing to write home about - but it suited our needs. When we got back to the hotel, I was disappointed to see that there were several hairs in the bathtub, which made me wonder about the cleanliness of the rest of the room. Luckily it all seemed okay, so we didn't ask to have our room switched. I must mention at this point that the bed was not comfortable. The matress was way too soft - I felt like I was sleeping on an air mattress that hadn't been inflated the whole way. The next morning we headed off to our daughter's college visit and I was a little disappoined to find that we were about 15 minutes away from the campus. When I made the reservation I was lead to believe that we were closer than that. So I guess that I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I probably wouldn't stay there again, but luckily I don't have to worry about that since my daughter decided not to apply to YSU after the campus visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed in hotel in september ..very clean good rates.excellent in hotel restruant

• Stayed September 2011
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Older property that has seen better days. Though clean, reeked of cigarettes from when smoking was probably allowed in every room. Staff personable, good breakfast for a BW. Can't beat its location if using it to break up an Interstate haul.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead as popular stopover for travelers, workers.