“Good stay except for 1 thing.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Youngstown
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Good stay except for 1 thing.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel, the location was easy to find had no issues with my room, i had a billing issue the next day, when i asked to speak to a manager the girl at the front desk was very rude and i could hear a female voice in the back room who was clearly the manager saying she had no time to deal with me. The only issue i have with this place seems to be the management
and there lack of caring to deal with customers and a few simple questions. Aside from the the hotel was fine , clean room, kind staff for the most part. But i'd get rid of management or send them to courtesy school.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the input on your recent stay with us. I personally apologize and feel badly for the poor feeling of service you were left with. Our goals will always be far above and beyond that which you felt and we will continue to work torwards that goal of providing excellent guest care. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this further.

On a good note, I am somewhat new to this hotel, but not the business, and will be attending courtesy school within a short time as part of my training.

Hope to see you in the future of your travel.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Canton, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We arrived about 9:30 on Friday 9/28. We were met by the friendly young man behind the desk, that gave us all the pool and breakfast info. He also linked my Club Carlson rewards for me too during check in. Our room was nice and clean with plenty of towels. The next morning was a bit of a snag, as the fire alarm was inadvertently set off by a wedding party steaming the wedding gown. It happened about 8am, and we were already up and in the breakfast area, but still had to evacuate for safety purposes until the fire department came to discharge the alarm. While the bride and party laughed about it and took pictures with the fire engine, it was clear that many of the guests didn't see the humor in being evacuated. When we came back in for breakfast, the server worked very hard keeping up, and was doing a great job considering EVERYONE was now up and having breakfast. We go out of our way to stay at Counter Inn and suites for their great rooms and service. As far as the negative reviews.... there are customers you can afford not to have! Keep up the good work Youngstown.

• Stayed September 2012
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
This type of recognition makes it all worth while for us that work in the hospitality industry.
Thank you so much for noticing. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. We look forward to serving your needs in travel the next time your in the area.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I started staying here as an overnight stopover from NY to Chicago. We've probably been here 20+ times. We love the atmosphere, staff, cleaniness, food and coffee. We sometimes go there just get out of the city, or as a pleasant detour from Cincy to NY, and just relax for a few days.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are all delighted that you have chosen to stay with us time and time again. Making our place your place away from home is what we strive for. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

See you next time!
Wadsworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on our way from Chicago to Maryland. We has a very good nights sleep and a ice breakfast. The hotel is a short walk from Quaker Steak and Lube and a few other choices for dinner. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Jeff R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We are all pleased that you chose us and enjoyed your stay while traveling. Our location is great for those traveling on business or personal trips. Conveniently located with alot of dining choices in the area.
We look forward to serving your needs in the future and thanks for the kind words.
lilly pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel every 3 months for the past 3 years. The past 2 times I have noticed a decline in the attitude of the hotel staff. They used to be very friendly and helpful. now they barely speak to you. also this last stay there were hairs in the bathroom sink and tube. I will going to the Hotel across the street next time around

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RebeccaBowser, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for choosing our property for your travels until recently. I wanted to personally apologize for the staff and to assure you I will address them and make sure they are tuned in at all times and providing the best customer service possible. We did endure a very busy summer and we welcome each and every guest and want everyone to feel valued as a guest at our location. If you would like to discuss any further please feel free to contact me at any time.

Wilton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hey, you're not going to find a Four Seasons off of I-80, right? The Hampton Inn was full and this one got an ok review at Trip Advisor. It was just ok...rooms were clean, staff were ok albeit a bit strange. 6 hours of zzzzzzzzzz's for $120 and back on the buzzway...meh...

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RebeccaBowser, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Well first I would like to thank you for staying at our property. Although it may have been a little enkindled by the staff given your response. We always want to welcome new and returning guest's all alike. I will say your review was a bit jocular. But if your preferring hotel is ever sold out again I would hope you would be willing to give us another try. I can assure you next time we will attempt to make your stay much better than "A poke in the eye". We will not aim at anywhere near the head :). Just maybe the heart in an endeavour to win you over. Hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our hotel as more than a sleeping destination.

If you would like to discuss your stay at all please feel free to contact me via phone or email at anytime.

rebecca.bowser@countryinns.com

Travelers are raving about these Youngstown hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

After checking in, we were routed through the back side door. Here we would find trash overflowing the trash can. Food spilled along the curb and a dead roach inside the door. The floor was dirty when you walked in, this was from where the maids through the trash bags in the floor and the food and drinks spill out. The floor is sticky and nasty. The dead roach lay be the doorway for 3 days, what great first impression! Country Inn should be proud of this location. When we reach our room and open the door, the cool air hits us, a nice cool 57 degrees. It took turning on the heat for an hour to get the room up to 70 degrees. The room was outdated and the carpet looked bad, needs either replaced or deep cleaned. After a nights rest, we tried out the breakfast area, should of stayed away. The utensil holder was full of crumbs and food. The silverware was dirty, you might try and bring your own, like in the movie As Good As It Gets. The food was eatable, but ran out of food by 830 am most days. The staffing was short handed, dishes piled up so you couldn't even put them away. After 3 days, I was done, we decided against adding another night. It was pre-payed for the 3 nights, so we checked out after our serving our time. As I checked out, I mentioned some of the issues, they thanked me and sent me on my way. It bothered me on the drive home, so I called back to talk to the manager, she was busy on conference call. So the clerk took my complaint down, and tried to explain the why's to everything. I told the clerk I wanted to speak to the manager, please have her call me about my concerns. Guess what, no call back, so don't bother posting to call you about my stay, I did, you didn't return my call. So i filled out my survey online with Country Inn and gave you this fantastic review. Hope they change out management soon, because your losing a lot of business to the Holiday Inn across the highway.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RebeccaBowser, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Ty W,

I wanted to personally apologize for your experience. We never want any guest to feel less than satisfied with their stay. I was the first person you spoke to before your phone lost signal and we were disconnected in the middle of our conversation, you then called back a while later and spoke with a front desk agent. I by no means disregarded your call and I apologize. You did inform me of the air being cold in your room at check in when you were checking out, but no other issue's were brought to my attention at that time and all seemed pleasant. I would of continued to speak with you in person had I known you had a copious amount of concerns. We did have a very busy and very full weekend as we normally do in the summer months. We by no means ever run out of breakfast foods at any time during breakfast hours, they may have been in the middle of restocking certain items but I will address your concerns. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at any time conveinent for you, you are more than welcome to call or email myself. Again I apologize for your eventualities during your stay.

rebecca.bowser@countryinns.com

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!