“Nice, Clean, Newer Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5555 Cerni Place, Youngstown, OH 44515   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Youngstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice, Clean, Newer Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel was the halfway point between our drive from MI to NYC, and we stayed both on our way out east and on the way back. I booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews, and was not disappointed. The hotel is located right off the highway 80 and very easy to find. The check-in was quick and friendly (especially the young gentleman the first night), and our rooms were clean and more spacious than expected. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was super clean, and the TV was new with many channels available. I did use the pool both mornings, which was small but clean. It was quiet although the hotel was very full, and most importantly, we all had a good night's sleep.

I do have a few negative comments: During both stays the room was really warm when we initially walked in, and the only way to make the temperature comfortable was to turn the air on to the desired temp...a little strange, but not a big deal. On the way back they were doing "maintenance" on the pool at 9am, which was somewhat inconvienient because of our schedule, however, it was good to know they work to keep it in good condition. Lastly, the lady running the breakfast seemed annoyed when we came in about 20 minutes before the buffet ended. There was barely anything left as far as hot foods go, and when I asked if they were bringing any more out, she looked at her watch and said "not at this point". I guess I would suggest making sure to get there early enough (although what hot food was left was not that impressive anyhow).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

Our room was quite spacious - a king bed, chair/ottoman, desk/chair, dresser w/TV microwave and fridge, a bench, a small table, and two nightstands with LOTS of room to move around. Extremely clean. Staff was extra friendly and helpful. We got a great price online which made it even better. Would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2011
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass your comments on the staff of a job well done!
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This is by far the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. We stayed in a suite. I was very pleased to see how clean it was. Even the stairwell(which is usually an afterthought) was immaculate. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a big hit with my children. I had a nice relaxing time reading a book in the beautiful courtyard while my girls swam in the clean, not overly chlorinated pool. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

New certainly helps. This H.I. Express was clean and fresh. It will be interesting to see if it can maintain this as time goes on! Easy access off of I 80 with many fast food choices near by. Nice room with small frig, microwave, flat screen TV, and wireless. Breakfast was typical fare but there was a larger choice of items than many similar chains. It IS a roadside hotel but is was a nice place to spend a night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I travel a lot for business and stay at some nice hotels. I redeemed some Priority Club points at this hotel expecting just an average place to grab some shut eye. It blew me away how nice, modern, clean and comfortable this hotel was. Free wifi/parking and great breakfast the next morning too--can't beat that. Front-desk staff was super friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Toledo Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

When I knew I had to stay here because several other standards were sold out, I was disappointed. Quite frankly, Holiday Inns have gone far downhill over the past few years. They are poorly run properties, worn out, dirty, and far from the modern facilities and great service expected from the newer chains. THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT - perhaps the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at in many years (I would estimate I have stayed in over 50 all over the country).

The property is fresh but perhaps more important is the attitude and the service orientation of the staff. Believe it or not, they rival the Ritz (actually they are better because the Ritz staff are so scripted they feel like the Stepford wives and husbands).

The location is safe and in a busy area south of downtown Ytown. The restaurant is average but there are excellent choices in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Looking for a clean, affordable place to stay that has a pool for the kids? This is a great hotel to choose, if you are traveling along I-80. It just opened in june 2011, so it is brand new, and very clean. The free breakfast has something for everyone (panccakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits & gracy, cereal, yogurt, fruit, breads, cinnamon rolls, juice, milk, coffee). There are the typical fast food chains close by, but if you drive 5 minutes from the hotel, you can also find a panera & ruby tuesday.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Address: 5555 Cerni Place, Youngstown, OH 44515
Location: United States > Ohio > Youngstown
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Youngstown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area 2.5*
This newly built AWARD WINNING Holiday Inn Express & Suites is located a few miles west of Youngstown off I-80 in Austintown, Ohio. Only minutes from downtown Youngstown, you'll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. Contemporary hospitality and our friendly staff are eagerly awaiting your visit. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown West Niles i-80 Hotel Austintown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area Ohio

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.