“mediocre at best” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Youngstown
Sorrento
“mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

If you are in a bind and there is no place else, then is the place.
The walls are paper thin. The beds are not comfortable.
The whole place could use some updating, as the floors, rugs, and walls are worn.
The mexican restaurant that is attached has some nasty food.
The only good thing is we got a small discount for the inconvenience.
If you have a choice, pick something else.

Room Tip: dont do it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was unsure about booking here after reading some of the reviews but was embarking on a long road trip (Chicago to Massachusetts) and needed a convenient, cheap place to stay halfway. I didn't have high expectations but was actually very pleased with my visit. My room was clean, comfortable, and adequate for my needs. I forgot the exit off the highway and when I called the front desk person was very friendly and helped me to find my way to the hotel. The hotel is dated and shows some wear, but there wasn't anything unacceptable and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast wasn't huge but it was enough for me (and better than nothing!). I felt comfortable enough to stay here again on my way back to Chicago.

I had no complaints and the service was excellent while I was here, though I really only required service at check-in. I think that if you're looking for an inexpensive, convenient place to stay and are not expecting a 5 star hotel, then you will be satisfied here. I was and I will stay here again on my next trip back east.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was in for a pleasant suprise on my most visit to the Youngstown area. I couldn't believe the improvements to the Quality Inn and Suites North. I've stayed there many times over many years through different names and management because of its convenience and value. I must say that this was the best visit ever. The pool was conveniently open until 11:00 pm allowing my family plenty of time to settle in. We really enjoyed the comfortable lobby with its large screen tv and computer access. Most important, the staff, especially Manager Scott Kifer, was friendly and efficient. Every need was met. I couldn't be more grateful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

More of a motel than hotel in location, decor, and cleanliness, I can handle. What I won't tolerate is poor customer service! Confirmed for a queen room at a specified price, checked in at that confirmed price, I was charged $20 more per night by an extremely rude front clerk who informed me that I had been placed in a king room and there was no way she could reduce my rate to my confirmed price even though i had not asked for a king room, nor been asked if i wanted to upgrade. When I showed her my confirmation, she said there was nothing she could do. Horrible, horrible service with no manager on duty! Will never recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton Inn down the street
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Partially updated, partially run-down. Staff was friendly, but if you have 31 vacant rooms why put your guests in a room that shares a door (adjoining rooms) with a bunch of drunkards? We could hear EVERYTHING through that door. Thankfully they quieted down after 2am. I wish we had stayed at the Days Inn across the street instead.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pennsylvania, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We usually do not stay at this chain but the other hotels in the area were just so expensive...& we were just spending 1 night, getting in late, leaving early.... The hotel was OK, but just OK. When we arrived there were no other guests at the front desk, but it took the hotel employee behind the desk at least 5 minutes, perhaps more, to acknowledge us. She was on the phone, obviously agitated with a customer who was asking for the phone number for a Pizza Hut. She was rolling her eyes & speaking in a somewhat rude manner. All this time, she never acknowledged us with a nod or smile or even made eye contact with us. The room was fine...until I saw the blood stains on the sheets. I was ready to throw up. I covered the area with a towel and stayed away from there; it was so, so late at night, we wre doing a lot of driving the next day, we had children with us, and I did not want to start messing with housekeeping and the rude dront desk lady. The next morning, I was even more disgusted when I saw there were blood stains, on the sheets, near the foot of the bed. It was absolutely disgusting. We went down to the breakfast. Hard to imagine, but the older woman who worked there was even more rude than the front desk woman had been! There were a ood number of people at breakfast, and she was working fast and hard, but seemed to resent every minute of it. She bundled up a large trash bag and was starting to walk down an aisle between tables, but guests were walking down that same aisle, towards her, and even I, a few tables away, could hear her sigh as she moved out of the way, quite disgruntled. I took some OJ and used the last of it. I went to let her know. Her reaction: "Oh, well," with a hand gesture like you are shooing away a fly. (I noticed that she did go to replenish the OJ after I spoke with her.) The price for this hotel was about 1/2 of what the Hampton Inn was across the street (where we would have preferred to stay, but it was a lot of $$ for where it was, etc.). I would try to find a better place for a decent price before staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

On a family emergency trip, we found this motel in the perfect location; freeways, main street Belmont, has numerous fast foods, fine dining shopping outlets and very close to the hospital my mother was staying at. The staff was kind, breakfast available at "normal hours of 6:30 - 9:00 am". Manager Scott used his own equipment to print our boarding passes more like staying at a friends home then a motel...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!