“My husband loves it” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ohio
“My husband loves it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband is pretty hard to please. He has stayed at this hotel multiple times for work and has always been happy. He's main concern is always a hotel's cleanliness. He was so happy to see the note in the room that the duvet cover is washed everytime - I think it made his week. Small detail but so important! Thanks Hampton Inn. He also said the staff was friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your husband's stay at our hotel. We always love to hear comments from happy guests...it makes our day! You know, at first we might have thought that people would find those post it notes silly, but we've found that people really enjoy the reminder that Hampton Inns launder their bedding, including duvets, daily. Thank you for the opportunity to make your family part of our family, and we hope that we will continue to see your husband whenever he has occasion to visit the Youngstown area.

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. After 8 hours on the road, a bed with soft, clean sheets and blankets was a warm welcome. It was also very nice that it was located right off of the interstate. There are a lot of good restaurants within walking/driving distance. Even the bathroom was something you don't normally see in a chain hotel. The breakfast spread was very nice with a variety that included more than the standard bagel and cream cheese. Very nice hotel. If I'm ever in the area again, I would choose this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review! We put a lot of work into making sure we provide the best guest experience possible, so it's always encouraging to be recognized for that effort. I'll pass your comments along to our staff. :-)
I hope you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued guest.
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel has the most staff I have ever seen for a hotel this size. The staff is very friendly and takes care of you. The indoor pool with glass windows on three sides is great when he snow is blowing outside. The only downfall would be the rooms on the side facing the highway are a little noisy. This is the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the highway for a quite night sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We always appreciate the positive feedback. We take great pride in our staff and I'm pretty sure I can safely say that they would all wholeheartedly invite you back again. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 days/2 nights for a wrestling tournament. Which in itself, is sometimes a recipe for disaster for a hotel & it's staff! Lol They handled it very well.
They kept the noise level down. Made sure everything was clean and up to par, even with a hotel full of adolescent boys inspecting everything they could touch within the confines of the hotel!
The breakfast was fabulous. The staff was very knowledgable and courteous. We were told goodbye by four different staff as we were leaving.
Staying with the Hampton Inn Youngstown was a very wonderful, carefree, cost efficient weekend getaway that we definitely will be booking our stay with for many years to come!

• Stayed March 2013
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! We always love to hear back from guests, especially when they have a great time. I'll definitely be sharing this with our staff.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself during the wrestling tournament. It's always going to be a bit of controlled chaos with that many youngsters in house, but it's always a lot of fun!

Hope you'll be staying with us again next time you're in the area!
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

People who read my reviews may think I own stock in Hilton because I am constantly giving Hampton Inns 5 stars. The reason I stay at Hampton Inn is because I don’t really want surprises when travelling long distances with my family.

I am rating 4 stars to the desired result: a consistent moderately priced hotel with great service and a decent breakfast and 1 star for unexpected service. Well, this one fits the bills. The hotel is consistent, check, 4 stars. The front desk guy on the evening of check in was extremely friendly and did an excellent job making my family feel welcome. He even hooked me up with some free packaged cookies because we checked in too late for the fresh baked cookies. Check for the fifth star.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I look forward to sharing the results with the staff to show them that hard work does produce positive results.

Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve. I’d like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Youngstown – West and for being a loyal and valued guest. I hope that you will be staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me anytime that you have any future questions and/or comments.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great value for money. Very clean, good breakfast, helpful and courteous staff. Restaurants are close by and it is close to the highway. The beds were comfy and the quilts were clean. I think the staff were better trained and focused on assisting guests than other Hampton Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I hope you will stay with at our Hampton Inn Youngstown West the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued guest.
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently stayed (2) nights at this hotel. I was working in nearby Warrren Ohio, but was not satisified with the hotel selections in that city. After reviewing TA, I settled on the Hampton Inn. The hotel is located right off I-80. I was greeted by a female representative. She asked me for my Gov't ID as I booked it under a Govt rate. I thought this was a good practice. She placed me in a room on the third floor. It was snowing when I arrived. The lobby was a very clean environment and inviting.

Upon entering the room, I discovered it to be a typical Hampton Inn type room, large enough to spread out, and be happy for a couple of nights. I read in previous posts about the highway noise. I will say this was not a concern of mine, and the noise was faint. I was very comfortable for the two nights, the shower was very refreshing and the room had a small frig and microwave.

I ate breakfast in the lobby area. It was very clean with a good variety of hot and cold foods. This is always a plus when I am in a hurray and cannot wait in a restaurant. The attendant kept watch, cleaning up and refilling the foods, beverages, etc.

Food eateries in the area are not what I would expect. But anyway, there are plenty of fast food establishments if that is what you prefer. I found a good steak restaurant around the corner which was fashioned like a sports bar/restaurant. The food was very good there.

I would return to this hotel should I return to this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 2, 2013

As always, we hope you'll stay with us again next time you find yourself in the Youngstown (or Warren) area. Maybe next time we can find you an awesome restaurant!

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80? Share your experiences!