“Absolutely disgusting! A park bench might have been cleaner and safer!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Youngstown Airport

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Youngstown Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 Youngstown Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4250 Belmont Avenue, I-80W Ex 229 I-80E Belmont Ex, Youngstown, OH 44505   |
Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in Youngstown
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Absolutely disgusting! A park bench might have been cleaner and safer!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had been on the road for hours and at 4am had to pull over and get some sleep. I really wanted to get a hotel so I could get a shower in the morning so instead of our original plan to sleep in the car for a few hours we pulled into the first place we saw and it was this "gem." We were so tired we didn't really think too much of it from the outside but then things got dicey. The manager on duty was very friendly and chatty (too chatty for 4am), so I was hopeful. He gave me the key to a room around back. We pulled up and put the key in and the door wouldn't open. It opened on the bottom lock but not the top. It was as if someone was inside and had latched the top lock. No one said anything when we pushed on the door but we couldn't get in. I went back to the office and after 5 minutes of fiddling around and telling me how amazing the next room would be I got a key. I'll preface the room description by mentioning the manager went on and on about this great room and how it goes for over $100 per night etc etc but since the jacuzzi wasn't working he'd give it to me for the price I paid. I'll also mention here I paid cash because I had a gut feeling not to hand over my credit card. Glad I did as when I asked for a receipt he said the computer was down. I wasn't happy handing over cash without a receipt but was too tired to argue. We pull up to the second room and by this time were so exhausted I barely had the energy to be properly horrified. I couldn't even take enough pictures of the horror that was this room. It was the 1970's adult movie room gone bad. One end of the room had a giant step up jacuzzi surrounded by mirrors and what appeared to have been a sauna previously but had been ripped out and was just untreated, splintery wood. The bathroom was filthy with lose tiles and other health hazards to be found. The room also was covered in a goof 3 inches of dust. We were so tired we just pulled the linens off the bed and laid down. The next morning we carefully moved around the safety hazards and got dressed and out of there as quick as possible. We made the mistake of stopping at the Super Start breakfast. It was a joke. Disgusting coffee in a filthy vending room with one choice of cereal. When I stopped to check out I was given a completely ridiculous handwritten receipt and told the computer was down again. After that we hauled it outta there and stopped for coffee at the gas station. We also had to stop and do some laundry because our clothes smelled so bad like dirty, stinky, smokey hotel room. Do not stay here in any circumstance. The health department should shut this place down and Super 8 should be embarrassed to have their name on the sign. I sure wish I'd just slept in the car!

Room Tip: No room is a good room BEWARE!

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow, just wow... it's been some time since I stayed in a place so bad that I wanted to call Super 8 and ask for a refund and report the place to the health department! If you are reading this please for your sake and your family's safety GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! I've said it before that the Mrs and I are loyal Super 8 fans but on very very rare occasions we come across a hotel that baffles us and leaves us wondering how SUPER 8 allows them to operate under their brand name. It was 4am, the mrs was pooped... so pooped that she didn't even wanna pull up trip advisor and look for a place to stay so we just pulled off the exit and looked for the "trusty" super 8 sign. The hotel looked old and rundown on the outside but in the past that hasn't meant the rooms were bad. The first room we were given was locked from the inside so we couldn't access it, after returning the manager gave us a second room that was a jacuzzi room with a non functioning jacuzzi. that was all fine and good since we only wanted to sleep a few hours and get back on the road. To our horror we opened the door to what looked like a smokey smelly room that was straight out of a bad 70's stag movie. Sorry ladies, not trying to be rude but that's the best description I can wrap around it. It was late we wanted to sleep, covers looked dirty but we were exhausted. Upon awaking in the light we noticed even more how horrible it was and making our first trip to the bathroom realized the error of our ways!!!! The tiles were all broken and cracked and even the toilet area was bad so if you sat down the toilet ROCKED! Disgusting dirty counters and towels that felt and smelled like they haven't been used in months. Looking around there were different colored paints etc... and it really felt like the room was in the middle of a remodel but the manager rented it anyway. So it's morn and I'm starved and I always love the Super 8 breakfast BUT I have now seen the WORST super 8 breakfast ever. there was nothing in there and I'm not exaggerating there was nothing!!!!! I was so confused I thought we went to the wrong room. I just grabbed a watery coffee and checked out. I should also mention it was filthy. Upon going to checkout there was some homeless looking folks mulling around the lobby and I noticed a sign that pertained to there long term WEEKLY renters and it hit me.. this is a crack hotel... lesson learned never just pick a hotel without using trip advisor!

plymoutn, in
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Worst dive I have stayed at and my first bed bug experience. Stayed here once about 4 years ago and it was a dive then. They changed the place cosmetically (hate to use the word remodeled) so I did not recognize it so I booked it again. Same dive with a coat of paint. Bathroom was at least 60 years old complete with haggard doors, reflooring that you can see thru to the floor they laid over, half way caulking and dingy water in toilet bowl. Holes in ceiling roughly refilled and painted over. Room smelled and air conditioner old and broken. TV channels nothing to write home about. It is a hotel attached to a bar so you get the idea of the type of business it is in. Avoid this place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The bathroom was absolutely horrendous - black mold on the ceiling, dirty bathtub and toilet, stained towels. The carpet and the walls were very dirty, cobwebs were hanging from the ceiling and the room smelled like stale cigarettes. Besides the serious lack of hygiene, the motel felt unsafe. This motel is located right off the highway next to a gas station, all the rooms are exterior-facing, and some rooms face away from the office/parking lot which makes you feel very isolated. In fact, a woman actually came to the door of our room begging for money. More than a hotel, this is a low quality motel.

Youngstown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Do not stay here. Even though the price is cheap it wasn't even worth what we paid. The place was so dirty and not fire alarm even in the room. The tub had pubic hair in it and wall paper was coming off of the walls. Dirt every where. Stay clear of this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Poplar Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am on the road a lot. I average two hotel stays per week. This is the worse Super 8 on the planet. Because of this room I will never pay for a room before looking at it. I will take the advice of the previous post and ask for my money back. DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Youngstown Airport? Share your experiences!