“A pleasant improvement from a former incarnation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Youngstown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stow, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'm a regular with the Super 8 chain, but this one is pretty unique. Physically, it doesn't resemble any Super 8 I've ever stayed at from the outside, but the warm staff and warm, clean room reminded me where I was staying. My experience with the shower started out... terribly, with broken fixtures and just a drop of water pressure. After quickly toweling off, I called over to the front desk to report the problem. The staff was very apologetic and said they would send someone over. Within minutes we had a sympathetic hotel employee in the bathroom repairing the broken equipment. Although the water pressure didn't improve much, I was able to take a shower without anything falling apart, and for that I was grateful. Other Super 8 benchmarks were hit, with free wifi and standard free continental breakfast (although there was only one long table in the dining area, but the couple at the end was willing to share).

Overall this property looks like a place you'd want to pass up on first sight, but has all of the charm and comforts of any of the other Super 8 properties. Would stay again if in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zimmerman, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stopped for the night with our dogs. The staff was very friendly, but only somewhat helpful. My husband asked where he could get some food and ice. the man at the desk pointed down the road and said that was the closest area. My husband got into the van, and ACROSS the street was a Dairy Queen and a Gas Station!
the room was very spacious and clean. The dog walking area left A LOT to be desired. it was down at the end of our hotel's row- and it was totally pitch black in the 'courtyard' where there was grass, but you couldn't see in front of your face at night. there was a huge divot in the walk way which luckily I saw from the little bit of light that showed in the entry way. The pool was fenced off. I always clean up after my dogs and had to bring a flashlight to do so.
I would stay there again if ever I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had just stayed at a great Super 8 in Iowa so expected much more. Although the sign said Super 8 it certainly did not look like one. It was very run down. The room had a bad odor, the carpet was stained and the vinyl bathroom floor was peeling so badly I tripped on it. Definitely would not return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TULSA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We've stayed here each year for the past 10 years during the Canfield Fair. The only thing thats changed is the coffeemaker. The rooms are old, the plumbing is like playing Russian roulette with the shower. The water goes from very hot to very cold in seconds, scalding you if you can't get out of the way! The carpets are some of the most disgusting things about the rooms.Really needs a total redo or it won't last much longer. We've stayed there for the last time. A new motel 6 has just opened across the street with the same rates.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were visiting friends and only slept and took showers here. The room was Non-smoking but still smelled so bad!! The AC was great!! Good parking......... But it took a long time to check in and the desk clerk could not give me the amount I was registered for from my on-line reservation!! And that really annoyed me. One night the rooms next to us were having a very loud party and music was very loud. In the morning when we left there were beer bottles all over outside our room!! I think this was unexceptable! Location was right off I80 so it was very convient!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youngstown
Motel 6 Youngstown
BEST WESTERN Meander Inn
BEST WESTERN Meander Inn
#20 of 34 in Youngstown
3.5 of 5 stars 143 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!