“Clean well kept hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Youngstown Airport to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Super 8 Youngstown Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4250 Belmont Avenue, I-80W Ex 229 I-80E Belmont Ex, Youngstown, OH 44505   |
Ranked #8 of 8 hotels in Youngstown
Zimmerman, Minnesota
“Clean well kept hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stopped for the night with our dogs. The staff was very friendly, but only somewhat helpful. My husband asked where he could get some food and ice. the man at the desk pointed down the road and said that was the closest area. My husband got into the van, and ACROSS the street was a Dairy Queen and a Gas Station!
the room was very spacious and clean. The dog walking area left A LOT to be desired. it was down at the end of our hotel's row- and it was totally pitch black in the 'courtyard' where there was grass, but you couldn't see in front of your face at night. there was a huge divot in the walk way which luckily I saw from the little bit of light that showed in the entry way. The pool was fenced off. I always clean up after my dogs and had to bring a flashlight to do so.
I would stay there again if ever I was in the area.

Room Tip: seems to me that this hotel would have nice rooms throughout.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had just stayed at a great Super 8 in Iowa so expected much more. Although the sign said Super 8 it certainly did not look like one. It was very run down. The room had a bad odor, the carpet was stained and the vinyl bathroom floor was peeling so badly I tripped on it. Definitely would not return.

Room Tip: Try the Six Motel right across the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TULSA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We've stayed here each year for the past 10 years during the Canfield Fair. The only thing thats changed is the coffeemaker. The rooms are old, the plumbing is like playing Russian roulette with the shower. The water goes from very hot to very cold in seconds, scalding you if you can't get out of the way! The carpets are some of the most disgusting things about the rooms.Really needs a total redo or it won't last much longer. We've stayed there for the last time. A new motel 6 has just opened across the street with the same rates.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were visiting friends and only slept and took showers here. The room was Non-smoking but still smelled so bad!! The AC was great!! Good parking......... But it took a long time to check in and the desk clerk could not give me the amount I was registered for from my on-line reservation!! And that really annoyed me. One night the rooms next to us were having a very loud party and music was very loud. In the morning when we left there were beer bottles all over outside our room!! I think this was unexceptable! Location was right off I80 so it was very convient!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Room dirty & smelled bad. Had a Non-smoking room but everything smelled of smoke. Carpet old, worn & dirty. No microwave or refrigerator. We had to dump a bucket of water in toilet to flush it. Windows did not lock, had to put a pole in it to jam it. Construction workers sat out on walkway every nite smoking & drinking. Found needles in parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012
Kettering
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Once upon a time this exit was probably the happening place to stay in the area, Now it has become party central, while this Super 8 was not the main party place..the Metroplex next door is. I stayed at this Super 8 on a friday night and the party was in progress, I have never seen so many people partying in their cars(at the Metroplex) which my room faced. The room I was given was decent , nothing fancy but very bare bones accomodations, it was ok for one night,but not more. The people that were staying at the motel were all outside their rooms drinking etc, so if you want to party, this is the exit for you,I was able to sleep and the party was not loud enough to keep me from sleeping, but I was in the back, which is very dark and kinda creepy. If you are traveling alone and wary of strange places this would be a place to avoid.

Room Tip: If you see people hanging outside their rooms you might want stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The room was (relatively) clean, spacious, and just off the interstate. Really could use a remodeling, and the walls are very thin so I could my neighbors doing all sorts of things throughout the night... bring ear plugs. Bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was probably the most bare-bones as I've seen, in a room that's smaller than any of the hotel rooms so it gets crowded with 3 or 4 people. The front desk clerk was napping on the couch in the front office when I showed up, appeared really groggy - not sure if she was just in a deep sleep or?? I was traveling with my dog and this chain charges an additional $10 fee for pets (which the clerk forgot to charge me during check-in). There's lots of fast food and other restaurants right down the road, being that it's located just off the interstate. Wouldn't recommend this for more than an overnighter. For that matter, check the Motel 6 directly across the street before booking this place - much cleaner, great rooms, friendly & helpful staff and they don't charge for pets.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Super 8 Youngstown Airport? Share your experiences!