“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Glen House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellow Springs
Glen House Inn
You added Glen House Inn to your Saves list
1221 Glen Rd., Yellow Springs, OH 45387   |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We arrived on a day where the house was open to the public for the art gallery exhibit. We were planning on 3 days exploring Yellow Springs. We have laptops that we use for business while traveling and none of the rooms had locks on the doors. We found the public could open any guest room door and had no way to secure our belongings during our stay.

The proprietor was initially sensitive to our concern and said we could cancel our reservation and stay elsewhere if it were an ongoing concern. There were to be no charges and we parted on good terms only to find our credit card was charged and we are in a dispute related to the owners charging an entire stay to our credit card. Would not recommend and saddened by the dishonest approach to business.

erdemaoo, Owner at Glen House Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
This couple came before check in time while a show was being hung in the gallery. They were uneasy about the fact that there were no locks on the guest rooms and conveyed this to me personally. I tried to reassure them that the house is safe and the rooms secure. They said they were going out to find a restaurant in town, and I gave them suggestions. Since I had already had a full suite of locks for the guest room doors that had never been installed, when the couple left I decided I would surprise them by installing the lock on their door. This took about 15 minutes. In the interim they left a voice mail saying that they did not feel comfortable staying and were canceling the reservation. I later spoke with the gentleman and told him that a lock had been installed but was told that they had already made other arrangements. I cordially said that I understood. He thanked me for my thoughtfulness for installing the lock and said that the inn was beautiful but not right for this trip. At no time was payment or deposit even talked about either in the voice mail or the following conversation. I simply assumed that they were aware that they would be forfeiting their deposit, which is clearly stated on our website. Several months later I got an email from his wife asking for the deposit. I responded by stating our return policy as written on the website.
My ethical treatment of this couple has been flawless.
All the rooms have locks now.
The gallery is open to the public from 1-4 on Sundays only.
Check in time is after 4:00.
This information is all on our site. -Erik Owen, owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Glen House while visiting friends in Yellow Springs and it was the perfect option for us - close to town but secluded enough, beautiful place, great room, super quiet and the owners very friendly. We felt very welcome the minute we got there! Breakfast was delicious! :)
Too bad it was so quick, we have to go back for a few more days...

Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

An incredible home, unique architecture, great hosts. A must do if staying in Yellow Springs area. Grounds have an aged feel despite the home being relatively new. Hosts were very accommodating. x

Upper Arlington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

While waiting for breakfast and chatting with the owners and a guest, the piano in the living room spontaneously came to life with music perfect for a summer morning. Player piano? Just another guest who felt peaceful and welcome enough to contribute a little more art as if there were enough already hanging.

There is a magical thing here. The place is beautiful. The setting truly is a glen. The home was built with an ingenious eye for esthetics and with loving care. There is a generosity and a feeling of sharing this stunning place with all of us who come that is hard to write about. The Glen House seems to be illuminated with energy and light that emanates from itself and its owners. It looks like an art gallery yet the owners invite you to truly enjoy it by submersing yourself as though it was your own. The effect is alluring..... we returned to our home after just two days there feeling soothed as though we'd been in a spa for a week.

This is the nicest B&B experience we have had for years and plan to repeat it as often as we can.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Glen House Inn? Share your experiences!