“Our Stay at Ramada Xenia” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Xenia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

First off, let me say that unless you're a runner or a biker, there's not much to do in this town. I am here for work, and the reason I picked staying here rather than in the next town over was the close proximity to so many great trails, all right outside my door. (Oh, and due to budget constraints, it is only 4 miles from my jobsite....so cost effective, too.)

I've read all the bad reviews that this place was given, and decided to take my chances. It's not like I'm going to live in my hotel room the entire trip. I need a clean place to sleep and shower and I've gotta say, this place does fit the bill.

I have a King room, and it has that nice big bed that I can sprawl out in, and personally, I think it's pretty comfortable! Lots of pillows, although I think only two of them are standard size pillows. Regardless, they serve their purpose. The first night I was here, I slept great. The second night....well, not so much. And it has nothing to do with the state of the hotel.

Currently, the hotel is under renovation...I'm pretty sure it had a different flag and they changed names/brands within the past 6 months or so. Painters are working outside, and there are guys working on the fourth floor tearing out the walls and putting up new drywall. Yep, you bet there are some stains on the carpets in my hallway. But you know...I'm not sleeping out there, so I'm not going to complain too much about it. Those stains were probably because some undisciplined soccer kids were running up and down with their drinks at ungodly hours of the night during a major tournament. And of course, their parents weren't paying attention to what their kids were doing....(read prior reviews....I'm going to take my jabs where I can. It's what I do.)

There is a continental breakfast in the lounge in the morning from 6:30-9:30. If you're not into cereal, bagels, and pastries, maybe you should check out McDonald's or Wendy's or one of the other restaurants outside the building. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast....and hey, it is what it is. I'm not complaining. And let me tell you--ordinarily, I'm a picky, picky traveler.

You know what I think I like best about this hotel? My coworker and I came in between 6:30-7pm on Monday night. I let her check in first, and her check in experience wasn't so great, because she had a few special requests that were initially unable to be accomodated. But the staff made good, and she was a happy (happier, perhaps) camper. But as far as I'm concerned, the staff at this hotel are super helpful, and very, very nice. I asked if it was safe to run on those bike trails at dark thirty without getting heckled or assaulted, and the guy at the desk (I think he said his name was Aaron....and he has a twin brother Evan) said I'd be alright. He was patient with my grumpy/hungry/tired coworker, even after she snapped at him. He was efficient, knowledgeable, very familiar with the area, and it was refreshing to talk to him!

The next night, we asked the girl working the front desk if she could recommend a good restaurant for us to have dinner. Nothing too fancy, just something casual with good reviews. I did check Yelp, Foursquare, and Scout, but apparently there are either a lot of bitter travelers that come to Xenia, or places really aren't that good, so I couldn't really find something to interest me, and the reviews I was reading weren't helping. This girl told us to go to Acapulco Mexican Restaurant, which was just across the parking lot. Well....let me tell you....she picked a winner! Their portions are HUGE, and everything is just awesome.

So kudos to the staff here, and here's hoping you continue to improve on this place so that all these negative reviews get wiped away. I'd come back, for now, mostly because of the bike trails and the people that work here. Be sure to run/bike West on the Ohio Trail #2...wow....you can go for miles and within 1/4 mile from the hotel, you are in the country....gorgeous trail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Findlay, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was disappointed! First of all we couldn't get our door open. It took several tries every time we entered our room. The door had to be forced open and it bowed in the middle trying to open it. The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way and bowed as well. Cheap doors. The bathroom very small. The ironing board hangs in the bathroom so you bump into it trying to even get dressed. The sink area very small and tight as well. Our carpet was dirty and dust covered the furniture. It looked as if our room had not been cleaned in weeks. Our air conditioner was noisy as well. The hotel outdated and walls/ceiling seemed thin as we could hear other occupants. On the positive side...the bed did seem comfortable and fairly new. We didn't end up staying for breakfast, went to McDonald's instead. Would never stay there again. It was overpriced for being so run down. I have stayed in new hotels for the same price as this one. Go to Beavercreek, the Ramada is nicer. Also, many other hotels in Beavercreek and not too far from Xenia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Xenia hotels

GARFIELD HEIGHTS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I appreciate the smiles that I receive upon check-in. The staff is very courteous,
efficient, and detail-oriented.
Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Xenia? Share your experiences!