“Not great but not horrible...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Worthington
West Michigan
“Not great but not horrible...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had reserved a king non-smoking room and got one that smelled like it has been smoked in. Room was also advertized as having a sleep number bed but that was NOT the case. Finding rooms was quite confusing and ours was of course way at the end of a hallway. We stayed there for a wedding and had other family spread throughout the hotel so getting everyone together required some planning ahead. Each wing only has a small, single elevator instead of a central elevator "bank" like you might expect for a property of this size and shape. The overpriced breakfast buffet had a good selection of food but quality and taste was mediocre. We did encounter a clean room and friendly staff. If you have a choice, consider other places but there were not a lot of lodging options in this immediate area which was surprising considering its close proximity to the major highway and OSU.

Room Tip: Top floor isn't bad but be prepared to walk a distance. If you need something close to a parkin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Phil R,

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy room accommodation and hotel facilities. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed for one night after a long day of walking around the Columbus Zoo. The location of this hotel to the zoo was a big reason we stayed but we came to find many other reasons why we should stay again. I must say that the set-up of the hotel is confusing, but it's not like you're going to be lost forever in the bowels of the hotel. I did need to ask for help though. My major sticking point (especially with a 9-month-old) is cleanliness. The room we stayed in was very clean and I had no reservations about it. I also forgot shaving cream and the front desk provided me with a small can free of charge. The hotel is in a great location for shopping, restaurants, and access to I-270 as well. We did use the pool and it was well-kept. This was our daughter's first time swimming and she loved it! I would have given the hotel 5 stars but I found that it was almost impossible to locate a luggage cart. We have driven many different places across the US and always use luggage carts for convenience and efficiency when unpacking. I only saw one cart when we were there and it was being used by someone. Other than that minor hiccup, the hotel was great. The staff is wonderful and kind as well. We look forward to staying again when we visit the Columbus Zoo!

Room Tip: Once you find your room, you might want to move your car so that you are closer to the room. The lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent a night there this week. Very clean. Very quiet. Nice indoor pool. Enjoyed the lounge with a couple of drinks. Great price! Even though I was in Worthington for work I had a great nights sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed the weekend again, the hotel staff was amazing. There was ice and snow which they handled well.

The pool rocked, it was an enjoyable but short use.

The thing I appreciated the most was the bar and the bar-tending. It was nice at the end of day and kick back with friends, good drinks and snacks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast included cooked food like eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. There were healthier options as well--fruit, yogurt, cereal. The overall appearance of the hotel is tidy and well kept. Not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good area. Close to Columbus attractions close to freeway but very quiet several restaurants and a lot of shopping . Large property but has alot of doors for easy access. Rooms have 4 pillows on each bed firm or soft .

• Stayed February 2013
Canton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The fitness room is being redone. The clerk that greeted us was courteous, professional and prompt. The room was nice, clean, and needed minimal repairs (sink faucet leaked when on, the molding under sink was loose, the bathroom fan did not work when light was on. The room was spacious. The pool which we did not use looked inviting and made us wish we brought our suits. They were having internet issues so it did not work all the time. We only spent one night. I would probably stay again. We pricelined it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Kevin P,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom condition. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experience. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!