“From the desk to housekeeping, a great place to stay in a good location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
PORTAGE
“From the desk to housekeeping, a great place to stay in a good location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Starting with my phone call we were met with an accomodating attitude. We made several out of the ordinary request and all of the staff cheerfully took care of us. They took the time to follow up with us to insure that we were comfortable, and we were even met at our room at check-in by housekeeping,
to make sure that we were pleased. The gentleman and lady at the desk are real jewels and go the extra mile to share their knowledge of the area. No cold pop tarts here either, a nice selection for breakfast. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

this was one of the cleanest and chepest rooms ive stayed in. The bar upstairs is small and townie esq but the perfect place to grab a cheap stiff drink. the guy working the desk was fantastic and helped us with an overbooking of rooms and when our keycard stoped working. I would and plan to stay there again. Great job guys, keep up the good work

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we do appreciate your business.
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've stayed at Econo Lodge in Wooster two years in a row while in town for the Wooster Arts Jazz Fest. I design jewelry, so had a booth at the show. Because it's a bit of a haul from home, it's easier to stay overnight. I chose to stay here, because I wanted to stay somewhere my small dog (chihuahua/terrier mix) could stay with me. The Econo Lodge is a pet friendly hotel for pets under 30 pounds. If I had other pet friendly options, I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.

The rooms are very basic, a little worn looking, but relatively clean. It is your typical motor inn with outside room entrances and two levels. It has a couple of buildings and a cramped parking lot. Last year I stayed on the second floor in the building behind the pool house, and it was a little quieter. This year, my room was in the first building, about halfway down from the office and on the ground floor. There were people outside all night. Plus, there is an Italian restaurant across the parking lot (not sure if it's part of the motel) and they had live music on Friday night...it was good, but it was loud. I could hear it in my room. My dog kept guard all night and was disturbed several times by the loud talking and louder music.

This year, my mom was with me (hence the ground floor room). She checked out the free breakfast and said it was "carb city." The had bagels, waffles, toast, muffins (maybe?), juice, coffee, maybe cereal (I didn't get the whole rundown), but there was no fruit. There is a McDonald's right across the street. The staff was very friendly and helpful, so that is a big plus. The room rates are also fairly reasonable and it's only $10 extra for my dog.

Overall, if I had another, better option, I wouldn't stay here again. However, if I ever go to Wooster again with my dog, I will be back. I just hope the people aren't as noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the building behind the pool and on the second level...it might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us this year again. Also we do apologize for music that was playing next door restaurant which is not affiliated with hotel. Restaurant does have live entertainment couple of days a month and we will share your concern with Fiore's rest. manager so that they can lower the volume. Since we are an economy hotel we do sell basic but clean rooms with continental breakfast as you mentioned in your review.

Please come back and stay with us next year along with your pet and we will have a quiter room for you and we appreciate your business.
southern ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Every time my husband and I go to Amish Country we stay at Econo Lodge in Wooster, Ohio. The manager of this motel is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and have everything we could want. This motel is also pet friendly as we take our 1 dog with us. I would recomend this motel to anyone staying in Amish country as it is also within driving distance of all the popular shopping places.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet but the king size beds are in the back building and it is extremely q...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate you sharing your comment.
Brookline
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay at a lot of top line name brand hotels when I travel for work (Hyatt, Marriott), but this spanking clean little hotel with friendly service is just fine for visiting my son at the College of Wooster. Amazingly, the beds, pillows and towels are all just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear guest

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our motel! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your stay. We will share your nice comments with our team here at the motel. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

Econolodge Wooster Staff

Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were especially grateful for the kindnesses shown by your receptionist, Cathy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay and kind words. Please stay with us again whenever you are in town.
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is older and a little outdated but the rooms were clean. Did not eat the breakfast as I was out of the hotel early. Friendly staff.
Room out the side to walk a dog down a backroad or just on some grass.
Older style furnace/ AC so it was a little loud but worked well.
Very inexpensive so if you just want clean and safe but don't care about fancy, this will work for you.
Was just off freeway so easy to get on and go to whereever you needed. Just make sure to read the signs as there are several roads that are meeting and crossing around that overpass.

Room Tip: At the back in the 2 story building was further from the road and quiter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We really do take good care of our four legged guests. We understand that for many (myself included) pets really are part of the family. As we are a family hotel, it only makes sense to welcome them with open arms.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!