“I'm comming back, again” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbia City, Indiana
“I'm comming back, again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stay here every time we come to Wooster. Always have clean rooms & hot breakfast. This time I was solo & the clerk, Cathy Miller, made me feel like I was home again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear guest, we appreciate your business and Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel is close to the amish and is very clean, no frills but who needed that when your just staying 1 night.the staff was very friendly. beds were comfy and the room was large.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear guest, Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Thankyou
Skokie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was looking forward to a good experience after reading the reviews, but was very disappointed. I knew that it was a modest hotel, but didn't expect to find worn, stained sheets that kept popping off the mattress. On both double beds! The mattress pads kept slipping and getting bunched up. I was uncomfortable all night putting the sheet back over the corners. The shower curtain was dirty with mildew staining at the bottom, and the table in the room had not been cleaned - there were food stains from previous guests. Yuck! We were there for two nights, were gone all the second day, and when we returned at night, the room hadn't been touched: the beds were unmade, and the towels damp. I'm not super picky, but I expect the minimum if I'm, staying at a place more than one night. I went to get some clean towels at the front desk. They asked if I had put a "Do not disturb" sign out, which would have explained the lack of cleaning, but I hadn't.

I won't be returning here. I'll go back to the Hampton Inn; it's worthpaying the extra money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear guest, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

The smell was overpowering and the only suggestion was to spray deodorizer. Depressing, deteriorated. Lots of big dogs in other rooms (and the parking lot/grounds). Could barely stand it. Canceled the second day and left for another location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear guest, we are very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. Since there was a dog show in town that weekend and we are one of pet friendly hotel in Wooster , a room change could have done if it was reported to front desk. Houskeeping did took care of the issue.
Kindly accept our sincere apology.
Petersburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stay at quite a few motels each year and this one was 1/2 the price of the last one but was more satisfying than the more expensive one. I don't think I had ever stayed at an Econo Lodge. Can't give any reason why but decided to try this one based on other reviews. We were not disappointed.
First of all, we were trying frantically to get to a wedding and were late after some mishaps on the way. When I rushed into the office, the host immediately checked me in so fast I could hardly believe it! He reassured me that we would get there on time!
The room was large and it and the bathroom were very clean. There was a small table with two chairs and a refrigerator which was lacking in the last very expensive place.
Internet and TV reception very good.
I had a very good night's sleep in a comfortable bed, dark and quiet room.
We didn't go to the complementary breakfast the next day but visited the Italian Restaurant next door. Terrific breakfast and wait staff. More food than we could eat.
Great visit to Wooster and I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear guest, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our motel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Cheraw, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is the only pet friendly motel I've found in the Wooster area, and as we travel with a cat, that means this is where we stay in Wooster! Fortunately the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, wireless internet is good, rates are low.

Unfortunately it is an older property - much older! So this is NOT a fancy place by any means! All exterior corridors, no elevators. They have done a good job maintaining the property, and we've always been satisfied. I've always felt safe there, even with the exterior corridors. Plenty of parking, including a lot for vehicles with trailers and commercial vehicles.

Easy to get in and out, although the first time it is a bit confusing.

Room Tip: If you don't want to do stairs be sure to specify ground floor!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our motel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The family stayed at this hotel to attend a fair in Wooster. We were looking for a nice, clean hotel with a decent price and this place was perfect. Rooms could use a little updating but were very clean and one of the rooms (we had 2) had a very poorly working A/C and when we informed the desk on the way out to dinner they said it would be replaced before we returned - and it was!! Great service - the staff in this hotel was great and make this a better than average place! Indoor pool - great option during the heat wave we were in, Free breakfast in the morning was basic but good including a waffle machine. Good place to stay in Wooster!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our motel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!