“Great Place and a Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Petersburg PA
“Great Place and a Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stay at quite a few motels each year and this one was 1/2 the price of the last one but was more satisfying than the more expensive one. I don't think I had ever stayed at an Econo Lodge. Can't give any reason why but decided to try this one based on other reviews. We were not disappointed.
First of all, we were trying frantically to get to a wedding and were late after some mishaps on the way. When I rushed into the office, the host immediately checked me in so fast I could hardly believe it! He reassured me that we would get there on time!
The room was large and it and the bathroom were very clean. There was a small table with two chairs and a refrigerator which was lacking in the last very expensive place.
Internet and TV reception very good.
I had a very good night's sleep in a comfortable bed, dark and quiet room.
We didn't go to the complementary breakfast the next day but visited the Italian Restaurant next door. Terrific breakfast and wait staff. More food than we could eat.
Great visit to Wooster and I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear guest, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our motel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cheraw, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is the only pet friendly motel I've found in the Wooster area, and as we travel with a cat, that means this is where we stay in Wooster! Fortunately the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, wireless internet is good, rates are low.

Unfortunately it is an older property - much older! So this is NOT a fancy place by any means! All exterior corridors, no elevators. They have done a good job maintaining the property, and we've always been satisfied. I've always felt safe there, even with the exterior corridors. Plenty of parking, including a lot for vehicles with trailers and commercial vehicles.

Easy to get in and out, although the first time it is a bit confusing.

Room Tip: If you don't want to do stairs be sure to specify ground floor!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our motel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The family stayed at this hotel to attend a fair in Wooster. We were looking for a nice, clean hotel with a decent price and this place was perfect. Rooms could use a little updating but were very clean and one of the rooms (we had 2) had a very poorly working A/C and when we informed the desk on the way out to dinner they said it would be replaced before we returned - and it was!! Great service - the staff in this hotel was great and make this a better than average place! Indoor pool - great option during the heat wave we were in, Free breakfast in the morning was basic but good including a waffle machine. Good place to stay in Wooster!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our motel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Dad and daughter on college tour trip. Girls like luxury so K was appalled when I mentioned EconoLodge. We were pleasantly surprised to find a big, bright clean room. Yes, you could tell it was not the Holiday Inn, but the staff was friendly and responsive and endeavor to make the room better than u expect. Two twin beds were comfortable, but I didn't want the blanket (thin wool old fashioned) on my skin. I tossed a lot in my sleep and the mattress cover kept popping off (yuk). I'd forgotten about the continental breakfast and the front desk reminded me in the morning (when i called about something else.) They actually supply waffle dough and waffle makers, Coffee was decent. The shower water was strong and the stall clean, but the floor would crackle as you moved around (fiberglass flexing on an uneven floor?)

All in all a decent large room for the price, (with an unexpected breakfast). A picky wife/daughter might disagree.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet quiet quiet room with no musty smell on the web reservation form and the desk cl...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2011

Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

A friend and I visit Wooster annually for the Ohio Light Opera festival, and the Econo-Lodge is a terrific place to stay. The manager is very friendly and always anxious to make everything just right. The staff is always pleasant also. The rooms are clean and well maintained, the TV comes with many channels (and a nice list of the channels, which is often lacking in hotels). It was very hot this year, and the a/c worked admirably. There's an indoor pool that's nice for relaxing. The breakfast is fine, with the make-them-yourself waffles the best part. They really do go out of their way to be helpful and welcoming--will defintely be back next summer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
ECONOLODGEWOOSTER, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. It is our job to provide guest, a clean/comfortable room and we try to do our best.

Staff
Econolodge Wooster OH
Manton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I am used to clean rooms, and this hotel offered that. I am used to everything in the room working, and everything did. What set this place apart for me was the efficiency, non-intrusive friendliness, and professional helpfulness of the staff...even to the point of them remembering something I had said about my travel plans the night before and offering some inclement-weather advice as I was checking out.

If I was looking for a place where I would feel welcome and would look forward to staying again, I found it.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

My husband grew up in Wooster, and over the past several years, we have made many trips to the area to visit his parents. Because of health issues, his parents were residing at a nearby nursing facility, and not in their own home, so we needed a place to stay when we came to town. We have seen the Econo Lodge undergo a renovation, and while the rooms were always clean and comfortable before, now they have improved bath facilities and interior and exterior have been painted and "spruced up." The continental style breakfast that is offered each day is simple, but always fresh and with enough choices to get you going in the morning. And the price of the rooms is a great value, and even more so if you join Choice Privileges, which is free. We have been at the hotel during very busy times, as well as not so busy; but we have always been sincerely welcomed and received the best service. Mr. Singh, who manages the hotel and Cathy at the front desk have gone out of their way to make sure we had anything we needed. During our last visit, we had to deal with the death and funeral of my husband's mother. In all of the turmoil, I accidentally left behind a ring that she had given to me. I did not realize this until we had arrived back home in Lexington, Ky, Despite having to prepare for a booked weekend ahead, Mr. Singh and staff took the extra time to look for the lost ring, which he found and then mailed to me. The genuine caring and concern that staff have always shown for us is on of the big reasons to stay at this hotel. Maureen Smith

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!