“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Wooster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bistro
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We were there for the recent farm to table wine dinner. The meal was excellent and the courses went well with the Oregon wines they were paired with. They make you feel special and welcome. A nice intimate place for a special dinner or occasion, or because you are hungry!!

“Went to South Market Bistro for anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to dinner 8/31/12, food and service was great. We were met at the door by friendly hostess. The place is kinda small but the atmosphere was nice. I ordered the swordfish special and my wife had the duck trio. Both meals were real good. We each had a drink and our bill ended up around $100 including the tip. I'd go back sometime, but I'll try some other restaurants first. I would recommend this place for a nice date or dinner with friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Based on a recommendation from a friend, I headed down to Wooster from Cleveland on a Friday night with a few friends for dinner and drinks. I made a reservation just to be on the safe side. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile and were seated promptly. Our server was excellent! Very attentive and was able to offer both food and drink recommendations. We enjoyed a bottle of wine from a great list and shared a few appetizers. We each order an entree which came with a fresh house salad. I had the Summer Squash Risotto and added the Spicy Shrimp. It had the perfect kick and I would definitely order it again. Everything was timed very well and reasonably priced. We will all be making another trip down soon and are looking forward to another visit!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“excellent dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband, 2 children and I went for a wonderful dinner at the South Market Bistro this week. The appetizer we ordered came quick & was delicious. Our entrees were absolutely perfect. The staff was friendly and over-accommodating to our children. We were stuffed, but managed to save some room for dessert...and again, great! We will definitely be back soon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Ohio
“Really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was the place I picked for my birthday meal. We ordered. It took them two tries to even bring me what I ordered. Very overpriced. And after all that was not even offered any compensation for their screw ups. Would not go back!

Visited October 2011

Been to Oak Grove Eatery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Oak Grove Eatery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.