“Great Location/Amenities for OARDC Meetings” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pasadena, California, United States
“Great Location/Amenities for OARDC Meetings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Wooster Hilton Garden Inn is very convenient to the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, where I had a 3-day conference to attend. The amenities are wonderful: full restaurant, pool/spa, fitness room, in-room internet and free parking. My room was clean, quiet, comfortable and included a mini-refrigerator, microwave, cable television and desk/work area. I especially liked the extra discount for pre-paying for my room in advance!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI_Wooster, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wooster, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the 5 star rating! It is very appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your kind review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hamburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times and have always thought it was a nice place. The last time we stayed was a bit disappointing because the restaurant/bar closes at 9 pm, no matter what. I suggest they stay open to take care of the guests that are sitting there in the restaurant. There were several in the restaurant and we would loved to have received some service past 9 and there are no other restaurants in the immediate area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Walked into the lobby and was very impressed. It's beautiful. Dining area to the left (breakfast, lunch and dinner are cooked to order), beautiful sitting area to the right with fireplace and flat screen TV. Everything was very clean. We had breakfast there, and the food was abundant and delicious. Plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, juices. For breakfast, you can order eggs, waffles, french toast, and other options. There's also a small bar, as well as a well stocked "pantry" next to the check in desk that offered sodas/drinks and snacks. They even offered microwavable popcorn, Stouffers mac and cheese and other non-candy items.

Bathroom was a bit small, but clean and handled two women just fine. Only complaint was no fan.

Room had two queens of average comfort. The bedding was clean and just the right weight. Roomy desk with a Herman Miller chair and desk lamp. Flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker. There was a comfy armchair and little table. Plenty of lighting and pillows.

The temperature and room fan are controled via thermostat on the wall. I did turn on the fan at one point, but it was too loud for TV watching. I didn't mind it at night, as it provided "white noise." I was able to hear the next door's shower, and some other noises, but they weren't intrusive. We turned the fan off in the morning and the room was still comfortable later that night.

There is an ice machine and soda vending on each floor. Pool and hot tub with a small exercise room on the first floor. The hotel is on the outskirts of town, so there's not much around it (a gas station with a mini mart) but the center of the city is only a 10 minute drive. It took us 8 minutes to get to an area with several restaurants and shopping.

This is the second Hilton Garden Inn I've stayed at in two months and both were very enjoyable. The staff at both were very friendly and eager to help. They seem to genuinely want you to have a good stay.

Room Tip: The hotel faces east, so rooms in the front get morning light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are all so glad that you had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Wooster. We look forward to accommodating you in the future!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had planned a weekend here for my husband's birthday and it started off wrong from the get go. As we started to check in they couldn't get my credit card to slide through correctly. She tried twice then just stood there with a blank stare. I offered to pay cash but wouldn't let me and I had to ask her what other options I had because I had planned this stay over a month ago. Finally the manager came out and told me their rooms were way too valuable to even be able to put extra cash down as a deposit and proceeded to tell me there were plenty of hotels nearby that I could stay at. He was extremely rude and offered no help or sympathy even for the situation. So after getting my other card from home we finally get into this supposed highly valuable room...we literally laughed when we entered our room. It's extremely small for a king suite, beat up and scratched furniture, carpet fraying at the bathroom door and just extremely underwhelming after everything we had been through to get into this room. Very nice building on the outside and beautiful lobby but the rooms do not match this at all. We won't be staying here again and it just really bothered me how quick they were to try to turn us away after the minor card mishap. They really don't seem to care.

• Stayed March 2013
York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We reserved the hotel as part of a college sports team, group booking. The room was pleasant and clean. It had no vanity outside the bathroom, which is not the optimum for us. We found the thermostat hard to regulate, but the preset temperature was not uncomfortable. The beds were quite comfy and the staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. We had breakfast at the hotel--an extra charge. It was a buffet with short order service for eggs, omelets etc.--all very good and worth the 10.00 per head. All in all it was a pleasant stay, and I'd do it again. We did not have time to visit the gym or pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such nice things to say! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as breakfast. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Wooster Area again.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel every other week. The rooms are really nice. I like the gym because it has a bench with dumbells. The pool and hot tub are nice. The only criticism that I have is that they need stronger coffee in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was wonderful, staff was friendly, and the room was clean, the lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays but not over done. The breakfast is a great option, I was not there long enough to use the exercise facility or the pool and hot tub, they are small but again very inviting. This hotel is not too far from downtown Wooster, which is worth exploring as there are a variety of locally owned shops.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!