“Roadway Inn a winner.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Wooster
Millfield, Ohio
“Roadway Inn a winner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at nearly every hotel in Wooster, and for the money the Roadway is great. It's always been clean, has lots of cable channels and we stay here whenever in town now. It's no more than two miles from downtown and the north end shopping area is 5-10 mins away on the bypass.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Kaytej69,

Thank you so much for your generous comments. We're happy you've chosen to stay with us when in Wooster and hope to see you many more times.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I needed a place to stay while I was in town visiting family and friends, and even though I had never stayed at a Rodeway before, it ended up being the best use of my hotel rewards points.

Check-in was easy and convenient. The Rodeway isn't exactly next door to Downtown Wooster or the stores on the "North End," but it's very accessible. What impressed me most was the room. It was a little older, but was very well maintained. It was very clean and well-lit. The TV (an older console model) worked fine and got a lot of channels. The hotel WiFi was excellent. My room was a first floor non-smoking room, and it was very quiet and smelled fine. Overall, the room was close to what I'd expect from a Comfort Inn or an older Hampton Inn.

Breakfast also had more than I expected from an economy brand hotel. They offer a waffle station, fruit, yogurt, juice, cereal, coffee, and packaged baked goods. It seemed like the front desk employee was doing double duty as the breakfast attendant, and she was attentive to both areas.

Before I left, I checked to see how much this room would have cost had I paid cash instead of using points. It would have been about $55. The Wooster Rodeway Inn is an excellent value at that price or even a little extra. They have really set a tough standard for other hotels - rooms that comparable to upper tier chains at economy level prices. It's tough to beat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
AdmisTraveler11,

Thank you for an extraordinarily kind review of our hotel! We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hearing such positive feedback motivates us to make each guest's stay equally satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to visit family.

With Much Appreciation,

ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was looking for a low price hotel option around Wooster, Oh for an overnight. We had three rooms reserved for a bunch of guys that were golfing. The hotel is clean and friendly with 24 hour coffee in the lobby. The location is good and close to highways, downtown Wooster and restaurants on the north side of town are just a few minutes away.
I have to admit I was skeptical when seeing how low the price was but a couple of guys with us were more cost conscious so I gave it a try and was very happy.

Room Tip: Bring a bathing suit for the kids because they have a nice pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Yourluckyday,

It really is our lucky day :). Thank you for the complimentary review! I'm glad you enjoyed your golf outing, despite the weather and hope you'll choose to stay with us if you return in the future.

Elmhurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Nice, clean room. Easy access from parking lot. We left a computer charger behind and the manager mailed it to us quickly. We stay at this hotel every time we visit Wooster. Includes breakfast with nice selection of food items.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Robert Z,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn and for your generous review! We always look forward to seeing our returning guests and trust we'll see you again soon. Hope you were able to make do until your charger arrived :).

Rudolph, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Personnel were wonderful, helpful, and couldn't do enough for us. Extremely clean, good breakfast, lovely decor. The only problem was the design of the room. Very large furniture for the size of the room. Made it a little difficult to go between the bed and the huge TV console. Also the TV screen was quite small. That being said, we were pleased to find a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffee pot, ironing board and soft towels!! For the price, it was incredible. Would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone. We would rate it as one of the nicest places we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly. Tell them exactly what your needs are. We told them we had to have a first...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Bradsgal,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your wonderful comments as well as pointing out our flaws. We recognize that the size of our furniture presents some challenges, but I'm happy that you had such an enjoyable getaway. Also, you do your fellow travellers a service by pointing out the importance of contacting the hotel direct to place any requests they might have. Hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Mangement was very good and helpful. Rooms should have been built a little wider outside of that the place was excellent. We would stay there again any time we are in the area. The were very clean. The breakfast was all you ask for it being included with the room. The personel went out of their way to assist you in any way they could.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Donald W,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review of your stay with us. We're all very happy to know our efforts to offer the best accomodations possible were rewarded. Hope you'll visit us again soon!

Osgood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived early, thought before I head to Holms County I would unload the car. The person behind the desk took my niformation and proceeded to check if my room was available. It was then he proceded to tell me where would be a good place to park for me to unload my car.
The room was great. The light was on and I found it clean and inviting!!!! For the price I got a comforable bed, mirowave, fride, and a large TV.
The room was quite and I felt secure.
I highly recommend the hotel if you plan to stay in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
peaceful25,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review of our hotel. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll return again soon!

Front Desk Manager

Been to Rodeway Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!