“Great Atmosphere, Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 86 restaurants in Wooster
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Café, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Great Atmosphere, Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have been to Broken Rocks twice on visits to Wooster and enjoy the food and ambiance of this restaurant.

Visited May 2012

93% Recommend
ohio
“Always a Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Every time I'm in Wooster, I visit the Broken Rocks. The beer selection is great and food is good. I always sit at the bar with a bunch of my family.Just a fun place..

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Classy place. Not too expensive. Nice personable staff. Split check was no problem. Drink refills were fast and furious!

Visited October 2012
Loose Creek Missouri
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This week went for family member birthday. Party of nine. Friendly slow service. The cafe was busy. The dining room is always noisy poor sound design. I ordered the tomatoe garlic soup, it needed help, very acidic. Chef should know how to tone that down. It lacked any depth or character, couldn't taste garlic. For my meal I asked for the chicken avacado sandwich on foccacia. There is no true avacado on it, just some mashed in with too much mayo. Chicken was overcooked, rubbery. Again lacking any spice or flavor. I avoid the house bread, too thick crusted and no flavor whatsoever. The cabernet with my meal was the best component. For dessert, pecan pie. Had been in frig a few days and the filing was pulling away from crust, crust was too soft and had absorbed frig moisture. Flavor wise the pie was OK, was probably great they day it was made and even a day or two later, my piece was just past its prime. I tasted someones pumpkin tiaramisu, not even OK, yuk. My husband said his beet salad was OK, and his steak was pretty good. Others at the table were satisfied with spaghetti, steak, seafood pasta dish.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alliance, Ohio
“Nice but not awesome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

When you walk in the atmosphere is nice and the restaurant is clean and well presented. The staff is nice but very slow. There was only 3 parties eating when I was there and it took 7 minutes before someone took my drink order and 15 more before my food order was taken. When I got my food it was over done and all I could really taste were the condiments.

There needs to be some changes if they want to be the upscale cafe they are trying to be like the addition of cloth napkins and real silver ware that is not just pressed metal.

I'll probably go again to see if the service and food was just off that day. Worth a trip but don't get too excited.

• Visited September 2012