“Don't plan a big meeting on Friday” 2 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bartlett, IL
“Don't plan a big meeting on Friday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel probably 30-40 nights total over the last 6 years I've been visiting Wooster. It's not stellar; it's good enough. It's always been clean, the staff has been courteous and the breakfast is what it is. BUT....on Friday morning at 3:40 am the garbage truck came. A front loader, hoisting the container at full throttle and giving it the obligatory 4-5 slams to shake out the trash. Twice.

Seriously, how does a HOTEL contract for trash pick-up at 3:40 in the morning? Have you never heard a garbage truck? Duh! They ain't quiet, so making this choice was exactly equivalent to saying, "We do not care if our guests sleep." There is absolutely now way this didn't wake up at least 20 rooms of folks in this hotel. Presumably, this happens every Friday. So, if you're staying Mon-Wed, or Sat / Sun -- no worries. Just don't make the mistake of thinking you'll wake up rested on a Friday morning when staying in this place.

Room Tip: If you're there on a Thursday night, insist on something in the front, south corner (opposite th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wooster, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises you experienced coming from the truck.

It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to prevent this from happening in the future.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We didn't have any problems with the staff. All seemed very nice. I thought the room description said it had a fridge and microwave, but it didn't. When I inquired at the desk, I was told that they had a limited number of fridges, and that they had just given out the last one earlier that day. I wasn't too happy about that, but we put ice in our cooler to keep everything cold.

The room was fine. It had a couch, chair and desk, TV, coffee maker and hair dryer. The king bed was a little hard for my taste and I woke up with sore hips. They say the duvet and sheets are freshly washed for each guest and mine looked and smelled clean, although the cover was weirdly lumpy. Everything was very clean and they had plenty of cups, coffee and personal supplies in the room.

Their pool area looked nice but we didn't use it.

We didn't partake of the breakfast, but they had waffle makers, a couple of hot dishes, and plenty of cereal, yogurt and fruit. I agree with a Myfamsearch--the eating area serving area is rather small and could get backed up easily. The actual eating area is large and offers a variety of seating.

It's within walking distance of Wooster's shopping area with a Walmart, Lowes, Movies 10, several restaurants and other stores. It's also just down the street from Brigadoon Kennels, so if you have a pet with you, there's a close place to board it while you stay here.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge or microwave, be sure to specify that when you book here. They have a limited n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Someplace in FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have grown to value and love the consistency with Hampton Inns. I have started travelling regularly and, over time, have been using HI more frequently.

Unfortunately, this property has the WORST customer service of any Hilton property I have ever stayed in. After calling Hilton, I was told the GM would call me and try to make this right. She called. And, it was clear where the employees get their attitudes. I cancelled 7 future stays in this property alone. The GM's words were "there is another Hilton property in town if you would like to book there." No thank you. I won't be booking Hilton anymore. I travel enough. There are plenty of other wonderful hotels that value their customers.

Sadly, this was the third bad experience with this hotel. And, it was the one that broke the Camel's back. But, the phone call from Jennifer sealed the deal.... I will not be staying in Hilton properties ever again. I will miss the other properties. But, if Hilton doesn't value my business more than this, I will certainly not patronize them in the future.

Lost Hilton Honors member. Due to:
1. Smokey room with asthma
2. Rude employees stating that overcharging was "Hilton's policy" and they always over authorized charge accounts by an arbitrary amount upon checkin. That this arbritrary amount would only be held for 72 hours. (I have NEVER had this happen. NEVER.)
3. Arbitrarily authorizing $40+ when buying a candy bar in the snack area and staying this is how they always handle charges from the grocery area. (I have NEVER had this happen.)
4. Forcing us to change rooms when we requested to stay another night. The hotel was absolutely empty. We had specifically requested this room over a month in advance when booking. (We chose to leave rather than move rooms.)
5. explanations that lacked credibility based on my vast experience with Hilton and hampton inn. Each and every step of the way, The GM claimed she had no knowledge and would speak to her staff and train them differently. If you read her responses on this site, that's obviously a song and dance. No. She isn't changing a thing.

I'm disappointed in Hilton's response. Had Hilton apologized and not forced me to deal with the GM, they would likely still have a customer. But, every interaction with that hotel makes me want less to do with Hilton. But, I guess my 79,0000 Hilton honors points in less than 11 months (when not traveling as much as usual) is business you can lose easily.

• Stayed October 2013
Jennifer S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wooster, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you and that they did not provide you the customer service you deserve. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us.

However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hampton Inn was very clean. My stay was a very relaxing stay. It is in walking distance to many restaurants, Wal-mart and other places to shop. There is even a frozen yogurt bar nearby. If I am in the area again, I would definitely choose this hotel again for lodging.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very nice hotel, but rooms not as large as other Hampton Inns we've visited. The eating area for the complimentary breakfast was spacious, but the serving area was cramped. The food was in a small square room off of the eating area and if you encounter a large group in town for a weekend wedding it got very congested and you could become easily frustrated. I imagine during weekdays it wouldn't be so bad. The food itself was fresh and well stocked. Employees were friendly and helpful, rooms clean and up to date. I liked the multiple USB charging outlets, they come in handy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great breakfast - scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausages etc. I had the hot oatmeal which offers healthy toppings like raisins or nuts. Lots of variety. Our room was clean and comfortable. Furniture modern. I love the soft white duvets which are cleaned everytime (of course). Lots of pillows of different varieties. The bathroom was very clean - something I'm very picky about. It was very hot and humid out so we really appreciated the perfect air conditioning. Everything met my expectations. This hotel is good for family, business, friends, couples, solo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Salt Rock, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I went to Wooster to pick up our second bengal kitty and decided to make a weekend of it. The hotel was very nicely decorated. Extremely clean throughout. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was so quiet, a great nights rest is a guarantee here. During breakfast the staff kept everything fully stocked. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything. Its so convenient. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who might be traveling to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!