“BetterBelieveSteaknLobster” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 14 restaurants in Woodmere
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Roswell, Georgia
“BetterBelieveSteaknLobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 NEW

After riding around Cleveland trying to find something to get into, we decided to ask the desk clerk at our hotel to recommend a good seafood restaurant. We had a good experience with the staff and the food was fantastic. Nice shops to visit after you fnish your meal. Tiffany & Co. is just down the block.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Sadly, not what we had hoped for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were so excited to have a nice dinner out after a long day of traveling. In fact we specifically googled oyster bars in the area and made a point to stop in this town for the evening – on our way back to Chicago. What a disappointment. The location was easy to find and a nice building in the like a strip mall.

Seated at a nice table, in a quiet nook in the back – so far so good.

Menu – limited options, but we were excited to order and try our appetizers, salads, and meal. We had fast service with beverages and taking our order – they also came back with refills promptly and when the wait was getting a little long I found it to be a nice touch that the waiter explained that they had just started a 32 person order when we came in. We were understanding and appreciated the heads up.

Unfortunately the food was the worst experience, which I feel the need to describe in detail, not so much to nitpick, but to give management a chance to improve.

House salad – good, but under-dressed. Not worth around $8
Crab cake appetizer – nice size, but dry and lacking in flavor/seasoning.
Lobster bisque soup – very cream and rich, however not any seafood flavor (the non seafood eater at the table liked it)
Raw oysters – no complaints
Loved the chicken crusted parmesan/pasta dish – delicious!

The real complaint was the filet mignon/Oscar dish. First of all it was served without the Oscar portion so the waiter went back to get the completed part of the dish… which took forever (at least 7 minutes), during this time we checked the filet mignon which was ordered medium rare – it was very well done, not a drop of blood. The steak was tender but extremely overcooked. So when the waiter comes back with a dish of the seafood/sauce that was missing we had to point out the steak. By this time the others at the table were already done eating – and the food left of that plate (potato and asparagus were cold). We asked the waiter to just take that dish off the bill, which he did. Then he sent over a Manager who apologized and offered us a gift card to use at another time, but being from out of state (which we explained) this would do us no good. I think a better solution would have been a bigger discount on the bill, but that was not offered and we did not ask (should have in hindsight).

Overall we were very disappointed and even if we could, would not be back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Pricey, but Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A disclaimer: I'm the person who goes to a fish restaurant and gets chicken. I know, I'm a heathen, but fish just really isn't my thing. That said, I had a perfectly good salad of fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil, along with a nice parmesan-crusted chicken. I was eating with a co-worker, and he got the Chilean sea bass.

I did taste the sea bass and it was everything Chilean sea bass should be--rich, yummy, and melt in your mouth. The chicken was also good, though I paid as much for my salad and entrée as my dining companion did for the sea bass (a notoriously pricey fish).

Despite them highly recommending reservations, we were able to get a seat in a booth in the bar area without one without a wait. It was during the week, though, so on weekends it would probably be wise to go for the reservation.

Visited October 2013
Michigan
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really enjoyed the food here. I was a bit skeptical as I have been to the same place in Michigan and I was not impressed. I will say I was definitely impressed with this Mitchell's. The food was great our waiter was awesome. I have the yellow fin Tuna Melt and it was sooooooo good. Very fresh food. I will go back if I am in town.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AKRON
“a bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My first experience here years ago was wonderful but this time it was just so so. I got crab cakes - they were quite good but it came with 3 spears of asparagus and a tablespoon of corn. For the price, I am not sure it was worth the money. Their drinks are quite strong but that isn't such a bad thing!

• Visited May 2014