“very much dissatisfied” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Clinton, Pennsylvania
“very much dissatisfied”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My two daughters and I went to your restaurant for Brunch. We were quickly seated and then I started reading the mission statement and said ok Fair enough. First we waited 15 minutes to order our drinks. Then waited 10 minutes for the waitress to take our order. The best part of all we waited 1 hour to get Ice Cold Roast Beef with gravy and a scoop of greasy mashed potatoes. My daughters each go Hamburgers that were like Cardboard...I think the Zalensky's need to rewrite their mission statement. They need to see what is going on at their restaurant. I have eaten at a lot of restaurants and I have to say this one is the worst. I will never return to this establishment and let everyone I know about my experience. P.S. We never had our drinks filled once. P.S.S. The prices are also very high. I am a business owner and a restaurant owner would never treat a paying customer the way that I was treated. Your Business will fail. I've seen businesses run like this before and they never last. I really hope you take the time to improve your business.turn the lights on an fix all the moldy broken water damaged ceiling tile falling over the brunch buffet.just yucky

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Wintersville, Ohio, United States
“Safety of Patrons should come first!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My sister,nephews and I were there last night sitting in the dining area so she could eat. First off we waited at least 20 minutes until someone asked if we were taking care of,second there were a group of guys at the bar that were drinking and acting like fools,they were apparently havinfg problems with a group of girls at the other end of bar.My sister and I kept saying to each other something was going to happen,and we were right. One of those guys lit a cigarette at the bar,then threw it on the floor,the next thing I know is there was a fight and both my nephews took off for which they shouldn't have. It spiraled out of control very quickly,tables being overturned,glasses being broke,and guys all over the floor.After it all calmed down one of the girls who happens to work there came up to my nephew and told him thanks for trying to break up the fight,right after Mrs Zalinski told my sister to take her boys home they are always causing trouble here. that worker also said the owners knew about the group of boys and supposedly said "they are spending money". As an owner I think you should think about customer safety before money. I WILL never go back there.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beech Bottom
“Disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently visited this restaurant on Friday, October 5, 2012. I called earlier in the day to find out what specials they had. I was looking for a beer battered fish dinner. I was told that they had an all you can eat fish special and beer batter was an option. So I decided to give it a shot. I arrived and learned that it was $12.00 for regular fish and $13 for beer battered both of which come with two side dishes. I ordered my drink and then placed my order for an all you can eat special. I of course ordered the beer battered which I was again told was an option. However, with in minutes of ordering my waitress comes back and tells me that it is no longer an option. So I ordered the regular fish with a side of loaded mash potatoes and apple sauce. My fish came out with my loaded mash potatoes, lettuce and lemon as garnish. The initial order included 3 pieces of fish. I ate and it wasn't bad. I ordered another order, and inquired if the special came with one or two sides. Of course she confirmed that it came with two sides but looked at me like she didn't know what I was talking about. I kindly reminded her about my applesauce, which she brought out a few minutes later.

The table behind me ordered two glasses of wine. The waiter took their drink order, but then came back a few minutes later and advised them that the type of wine they ordered was only available by the bottle.

So overall three staff that do not know what is available and what is not available at their restaurant!

The table in front of me complained that one of their items was burnt.

Overall, I am not impressed and am not sure I will be back and if I do it will not be for the fish special. I can find better fish special for $10 or under at two other locations in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio
“Great food, average atmosphere, family owned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We really enjoyed our visit to Zalenski's during our trip to Steubenville. It wasn't the best atmosphere, but the food made up for that. Their wing sauces and fried zucchini were AMAZING (I wanted to order plate after plate of the zucchini)! I don't think their prices were too high. They have a full bar and serve Ohio wines. We came on karaoke night, so I can't tell you what the normal ambiance was like, but it definitely was a small-town, family eatery...not too classy. Overall, I would go back for the food!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colliers, West Virginia
“High Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The menu recently changed and the prices were quite a bit higher and the food was no better. The only thing that I like here are the burgers. I had the fish last time and it was not good. Friends ordered a bottle of wine so they brought an uncorked bottle and told my friends they were out of the bottle they wanted so they substituted this one. Different winery, different wine. Not cool.

Visited April 2012