“Lovely Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of General Denver Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
General Denver Hotel
You added General Denver Hotel to your Saves list
81 W Main St, Wilmington, OH 45177   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Chicora
“Lovely Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My parents and I stayed here for a few nights at the begining of Oct. The staff is very friendly and they prepare a full breakfast for you. There is free parking and homemade snacks were available nightly. They went out of their way to accommodate our needs. There is a great older theater just around the corner. This town suffered greatly when DHL pulled out and thousands were left without jobs in the region. A great quilt shop is relocating catty corner from the hotel so come here, do some exploring and boost their economy!! Look up Sugartree Ministries in Wilmington. They are doing a wonderful job helping the less fortunate. We donated several bags of groceries to them as they feed 200 families.

Room Tip: There is one suite with two rooms both with their own bathrooms with an adjoining living room betwee...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Addison, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Organizing a family reunion was my main reason for visiting Wilmington this summer. I always look forward to dining at the General Denver Pub when I'm in town, but this year, I decided to treat myself to a room at the Hotel as well. It proved to be the ideal place to invite long-lost cousins to share a brew before and after the reunion as well as some old family photos. I booked the 2-bedroom suite, so I even had space to share with other more distant cousins who had no connection to the village any longer other than a parent had been born there long ago. The living room of my suite became a gathering place, and we shared many a story and recollection as well as much laughter. Having the General Denver as my home away from home for the weekend was a perfect solution to entertaining family who had come from far and wide to celebrate my mom's long life in this southern Ohio village and to ease her transition to assisted living. I will undoubtedly stay there again on future visits now that she has given up her own home. It's hospitality and warmth make it possible for me to feel like I am truly going home.

Room Tip: The two-bedroom suite is perfect for families. The master bedroom has its own bath. The second bat...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Lewisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The General Denver Hotel is a lovely turn of the 20th Century hotel lovingly restored by its current owners. Though not fancy, is is very comfortable and very affordable. The crown jewel is it's Pub and dining experience. The included breakfast was delicious and hearty, and the dinner entree we enjoyed was delicious as well. Best of all the friendly staff and owners make you feel like you are family. Although Wilmington is slightly off the beaten path, I'd highly recommend a slight detour to spend a night here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
mt. orab, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

My husband and I biked to Wilmington , Ohio and stayed at the General Denver Hotel.
Very quaint and homey. The pub is very popular and had good food!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to General Denver Hotel? Share your experiences!