“Helpful staff and pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
EASTLAKE
“Helpful staff and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days and it was a pleasant experience. Despite there being a snow storm, they were prepared for it and driving in their parking lot was no problem. The room was comfortable and clean. Nice breakfast, pool, and workout room. The location is very freeway accessible and the staff was very helpful with a few transportation questions I had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WlbyCtyd, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Willoughby, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear jbscram,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am so happy to hear that despite the Cleveland snow, you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you can return during the spring or summer seasons as we would love the opportunity to host you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was in just the right location for me. It is right off the highway so easy in and out, plenty of food options within walking distance. The room was clean and neat, there was great coffee and the complimentary shampoo was Paul Mitchell. The one thing lacking in the room was a refrigerator, it would have come in handy for sure. The staff were excellent and speedy with check in and out. Deann was especially helpful!

Room Tip: There is a bit of road noise if your room faces the highway like mine did. If this is a concern for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ColoradoDivers,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our property! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. For future reference, we do have a supply of portable mini refridgerators available upon request. If you are back in the area in the future, please let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more comfortable and we will do our best to accommodate you!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A good stay and excellent service, and very friendly staff. Only thing I would change is the
the hot tub next to the pool, very lukewarm and shallow. The internet was a little slow as well. We stayed over Chritsmas eve and the staff was very accomodating to our needs.

Room Tip: Pick the third floor, the exit doors on the first floor (near rooms) slam shut.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear oreo2007,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and to help future guests make an educated decision for their hotel accommodations. I apologize that there were issues with the whirlpool, it has since had the heater replaced. We have also had our wireless internet network re-routed to improve connectivity for our guests. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, that you will choose to stay with us once again.
Eastlake, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My company put me up at this hotel while my relocation was being done. At first I did not know what to expect but this changed as time went by. The room I requested was always reserved for me when I would come back on Sundays, with a refrigerator and microwave. I was upgraded to the suites when my room was not available. Being there for that long period of time I found my self coming down with the Flu; James in the Bistro took excellent care of me and helped me get over my Flu like if I was at home; soup, tea and was sent to my room with a Tonic that had me cleared up by the next day! Carrie was an excellent hostes (Assistant GM) she was always asking what she could do to help, she even help me with a realtor to finish my relocation. I can not say enough about the staff they made me feel like family and took excellent care of all my needs while I stayed with them. Chris the GM all ways asked if there was anything that they could do to make my stay with them better. I miss them and feel like they will always be friends that I can go back and visit. James at the Bistro as well as with Trista, Carrie and her fron desk staff Deanne and the rest of the cleanning people could be counted to make your stay a pleasent one as they did with mine. My stay was also over Super Storm Sandy we lost power at the hotel and Chris stood with us for over 30 hours making sure that all of his hotel guest had proper accomodations at other hotels nearby. Again going over and beyond what they needed to do they stood with the hotel and made sure that everyone had a place to stay.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, the toilet paper issue that everyone writes about is funny as ti also happen to me but it was quickly remedied by the management staff.

Room Tip: Book ahead and ask for Carrie.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. It was located close to my business meeting the following day. The hotel was clean and comfortable overall. The lobby was nice. It had a small "restaurant" that served Starbucks which was convenient in the morning.

The room was fine. It was an older style room with the sink outside of the bathtub/shower. The bed was ok. I am finding that the Courtyard by Marriott's are not consistent quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ASHVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Caters to elite business crowd that apparently likes to impress each other with extra expenses and mediocre service. Whereas the decor was modern, bright, and spiffy, there were several distractions that affected my rating.
Internet service was very slow, especially during peak hours of use (mornings and evenings).
Bedsheets do not fit mattress well, so they shift as you turn and become a loose mess.
Noises from upstairs bathroom are carried through walls and audible in bed.
Requests for mini-fridge were apparently ignored.
No recognition for Marriott Rewards loyalty; everyone is treated with equal dislike.
Stairs located at end of hallways, and elevators are hideously slow.
Bistro prices are Courtyard's way of gouging their clientele to pay more for things that are often dispensed freely and cheerfully at Residence or SpringHill Suites.

Bottom Line: You gotta love the elite air of this place, or have endless expense account to enjoy the luxuries this place tacks onto the bill. But, don't plan on any better rest than you would have received at a budget Travelodge (except the flatscreen telly is upgraded at Courtyard).

Room Tip: Avoid unless you cannot get around it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a long drive home & chose to stop overnight to break up the drive. The room was pleasant and comfortable. The service at check in was very helpful and appreciated. The addition of the bistro was welcome so we didn't have to travel far for a traditional breakfast. Price at the bistro was fairly reasonable. Overall, we were comfortable

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Willoughby? Share your experiences!