“Unexpensive and convenient, but dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Syracuse
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had requested a late check-in, and upon arrival the night clerk spoke to us through a small hole in a glass window, with a "bank-teller" arrangement to pass papers through. He demanded a drivers license to photocopy, which I refused to provide, and told him that no one informed me of that "necessity" when I made the reservation. When I threatened to cancel, he quickly accepted another form of ID. The rooms are very old and need updating, (which I can accept as long as they are clean). Cleanliness was no where to be found. The carpet was thread-bare, and had papers and dirt everywhere. I wonder if this place owns a vacuum cleaner, or has ever seen one. The bathroom toilet seat had some crud on it, and the floor was equally dirty. The walls are PAPER THIN, and you could easily hear other guests in adjoining rooms. The included breakfast is a total joke - filthy toaster, filthy room to eat in with only a couple small tables. Against my better judgement I hungrily tried to eat one of the bagels, which looked and tasted terrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Something(s) keep biting my wife at this hotel......she is broken out in red welts today! I was not bitten as badly and I do not break out as badly. I was given a key to a room with someone already in it! Our non smoking room smelled a little "smoky". The internet worked good and this was at a good location. The hotel looks nice, but they just need to get rid of the bed bugs or whatever nibbled on us during the night!

Room Tip: Otherwise, this would have been a good hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The guy at the desk was extremely rude. We went in and asked about their rates, he then very rudely demanded an ID, before even telling us the room rates. Went and got our ID's, went back in, and asked about their government discount pricing, and barked "Ugh its ONLY 10% off" He acted as if doing his job was a burden, and that we were interrupting him. So much in fact we changed our mind about even staying there! From what we seen of the inside, it looked good enough to sleep in for a few hours. I'm not a person who calls any places management and complains ever. I WILL be calling theirs, however.

• Stayed October 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

One word for this place Gross! We didn't have high expectations for the price. However it was 36 degrees and our heat didn't work or our phone. The room smelled like sewer and carpet was stained. Also the pool was down and hot tub was drained. When we asked for out money back soon after inspecting the room the manager Renee informed us we booked through Travelocity and was unable to help us. When I told her this room is unacceptable she said that is the risk I took when I booked through a third party agency. We were put in another room after much complaining. The refrigerator made a noise all night that sounded like a wood pecker was caught in it and I woke up with the worst sinus headache from the smell of mildew. Corporate has been contacted. This place is GROSS!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Cleveland / Willoughby Travelodge? Share your experiences!