“Almost” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wickliffe
New Philadelphia, Ohio
“Almost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at Quality Inn for 1 night as I had an early appt. at hospital in Cleveland and didn't want to drive for 90 miles at early busy hrs. The Inn is a 2 buildings complex. The check-in was smooth an quick. Lobby was nice size with free eating area next to it. The deluxe Breakfast was very nice. They had cereal, oatmeal, fired eggs and meat, yogurt, breads ,bagels, muffins, juices, milk, tea and coffee. Also had waffle making machine. Excellent choices and also had different fruit! Rate the breakfast as a # 5 !!! Free newspapers, mid size indoor warm pool, and small weigh room. The hotel was located right off exit and enter ramps of east west Interstate 90. Room was a nice sized area with desk and chair, sofa bed and quite (soft ). Queen bed was very conformable with 2 ends tables, phone. Shower's various settings for the head were nice. Sink area was on the small with big mirror. Now the Hotel needed some painting in the hall ways as they were quite dirty and stained, rooms were ok though. Heating and cooling units needed replaced bad. Noisy and sounds as if bearings were going bad inside (if they have bearings ). I had to turn it off as at 2:00 am I was still awake and not 1 drop of any sleep. Once I turned it off I fell into a very nice and humid sleep. The next morning the carpet was wet around the unit. I explained at check out about the problem and they were happy I told them as they were going to get someone to immediately work and replace the unit! With a couple of things getting fixed I could say my rating would of been a 4+ easy! price was decent too for what the Hotel offered. $62.00

Room Tip: Our room on second floor #208 was a quiet room with easy exiting to our car . Pool was on this floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wickliffe, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank You for taking the to do this review. We are in the middle of replaceing some of the older Ac units. All of the staff and management would like to say Thank You for staying with us.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lockport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Room was clean & quiet, bathroom area could have been a little nicer. Had plenty of towels (important with 4 in the room). Friendly staff was a plus. Quick check in. Location was good, only 18 min. from Cleveland attractions and also very close (7 min. drive East) to nice area with plenty of restaurant choices and shopping. What I wish was better... lobby computer did not work all week & even IPod in room kept loosing wi-fi, this made it difficult to check emails & use internet from the hotel. Pool was probably heated as they advertise but should have been warmer (if two 12 year olds say it's too cold to stay in, it's too cold). Over-all not bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, we have been correcting the issues that you experienced and we look forward to seeing you again.

Director of Sales
Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Wasn't quite sure what to expect from some other previous reviews. Look it's not a 5 star hotel, that being said it WAS clean. The lady who checked us in was pleasant. The pool was very nice and my 9 year old loved it. It is a little outdated, but for the price you pay it was great bargain. The location is awesome. We stayed here while we visited Cleveland, which is about a 10 minute ride from the hotel. The beds are just o.k. butt still comfortable enough for me and my family. We had no problem with hot water and you can tell they are making improvements to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Albany, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is where I stay whenever I travel to the East Side of Cleveland on business. Don't be fooled, it may be older but it's very clean and comfortable. The staff are excellent, friendly and accomodating. It's close to the highway and the prices are a lot lower than most hotels I've stayed at of equal quality. This hotel's greatest asset is this.....it's QUIET. After a long day of meetings this is where I want to stay. I only wish I could pack this place in my bag and move it with me around the country.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family visit. Overall the stay was great. Checkin process was fast and easy. Breakfast timing was very suitable for our schedule and there were plenty of food items on breakfast menu. We had a chance to go to the pool and it was very good temperature and clean. Check out process was simple and all the front desk staff was very helpful and nice. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to do this review, we appreciate any feed back we receive.

Thank You for staying with us.

Keith Mosr
Sales Director
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

stayed in hotel several times and never felt that i am away from home.excellent staff,homely behavior,neat and clean room,nice pool and location is right at the exit of i-90 and comfortable meeting room

Tushar sheth

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again
Hamburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

smokers sleep in the back. staff was great .breakfast is to be desired . room was clean . would stay again price was good. pool area very dark.the lady who checked us in was great . we were there for a trip to rock n roll hall of fame very convienant to get the tickets at the desk

Room Tip: stay in the front building if you want to use the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wickliffe, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to do this review, we use these reviews as a grading system for our hotel. We value any feedback we receive whether its positive or negative . I see that you thought the pool was dark and we agree it was. We have just finished renovating our pool area, from the pool to the walls that surround it. I hope you will stop in again and see the difference, I will be posting New pictures of the pool.

Sales Director
Quality Inn - Wickliffe

Been to Quality Inn Wickliffe? Share your experiences!