“Consider somewhere else!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wickliffe
Madison, Indiana
“Consider somewhere else!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

When I checked into the hotel the manager and an employee were having a fight at the front desk. Good way to get an initial impression of the joint. After a couple minutes of their fighting they finally acknowledged me and were able to check me in to my room. The rooms were smokey smelling, but it did appear to have new clean carpet (a plus). The beds were stiff and very springy. The bathrooms were very small and had a cheap update to them. I would stay elsewhere if I had to do it again. The other guests were a little shady as my wife and I were pretty sure someone was smoking something illegal on the same floor. They stopped serving their breakfast earlier than advertised, but this may have ended up being a good thing for me in the long run...

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wickliffe, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I am glad you took the time to do a review of your stay. I want to apologize for the incidents that occured during your last stay and we completely understand your disappointment. I wnt to thank you for notifying us of the situation. We are constantly trying to improve our overall guest satisfaction.

Please contact so we may discuss this further.

Keith Moser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fostoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We arrived at 2:25 and was told bluntly at the desk that there is absolutely no early check in. "Quality Inn policy" I was told when I checked in at a much later time.
I've been traveling for some 50 years and have never been denied check in a bit early. I would not stay here again just because of being handled in that manner

Room Tip: Avoid second floor in hot weather because the hallway air conditioner is broken . The end window was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to do this review. I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication you may have received. We do allow early chieck ins as long as the rooms are clean and available. I believe we had the entire hotel check out earlier that day and the staff may have been overloaded with early arrivals. Our guaranteed check in time is 3:00 PM but we do allow early arrivals and our staff will do the best they can to get you in the room early..
I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us next time your in the area.

I would like to thank you for staying with us

WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel chain usually has decent hotels which are clean and have a nice breakfast in the morning. This particular Quality Inn is older, with uncomfortable beds, not enough outlets, small bathrooms, outdated furnishings and cracked tiles. On top of that, it wasn’t very clean. The carpeting and bedding all smelled like stale smoke. The pillows seemed very old. All of our bags and belongings took on a strange odor after our stay.
The breakfast was not up to the usual standards either. The waffle batter and orange juice did not seem fresh and the coffee tasted like it had been on the hot plate for too long.
The hotel staff was very friendly, but due to the overall condition and cleanliness of the hotel, I’m afraid I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to do a review. The only way to see how we are doing is through our customers. I have to admit that I would rather have all good reviews but I
understand we have aways to go yet. You are right this is a older property, but we are still changing. We are waiting on our new mattresses and boxsprings to be delivered this week, I think this will take care of the springy or lumpy mattresses. We have had new furnishings also delivered this week, all rooms have flat screensadded to them. You are right we do not have enough outlets in the room, but because of the age of the property this will not be changing anytime soon. The description you gave sounds like you had a smoking room. We have replaced all of the carpet in the hotel in may of this year. We are older but the room should be clean, we are very strict about that. We have added a breakfast host now ro make sure evrything is fresh, and if it doesn,t taste fresh let us know and we will make sure it is. I am also
also partial to fresh coffee. I am sorry you had a bad stay, I do hope you will try us again in the future.

Thank You for staying with us.

Quality Inn Wickliffe
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very nice stay,just like comfort inn even breakfast was better, close to major hospital. Will recommend to friend.

Room Tip: Very nice stay,standard of this hotel was just like comfort inn,even breakfast was better.excellent...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Qualityinnwickliffe, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wickliffe, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you we are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Quality Inn - Wickliffe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in June. Very nice place. They have updated almost everything. Bright and clean lobby. Front desk staff is very carrying and willing to accommodate. Pool water was clean and enjoyed very much. Amazing, breakfast!! I loved scramble eggs. Loved staying here and will definitely come back. It's a great place to stay and reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2012
Yardley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days at the beginning of the summer. The manager and staff were very helpful and accomadating . The kids really enjoyed the pool. Overall was a nice experience. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review we do appreciate the feed back. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

We look forward to seeing you this Summer.

Quality Inn - Wickliffe
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here for a little more than a week and enjoyed our stay!! The hotel and staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is pretty nice too, a lot of places to eat, shop near by at walking distance and it's right by the highway which was useful for us because we had to go to Cleveland a lot. The breakfast has your usual choices and is always well stocked even on the busy weekend mornings... all in all a great value!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wickliffe, responded to this review, June 30, 2012

Been to Quality Inn Wickliffe? Share your experiences!